In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 28 2006, 10:53 PM)
    Oh, that tickled my fancy. Hah XD
    I think right now you have to try your hand at crafty spins on Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore's name. For instance J*orge, J0rge (that was a zero), J.orge, Jorgey Porgey, etc. It can be fun!! (<--- massive dorkhead)

QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 28 2006, 11:22 PM)
    And there is the main one- J orge. And then "U*tilize" (sorry Damian. Just giving an example of the horrid words that must be changed!) turns into Use. Also, if you type "And*y Ross" it becomes Rusty Ross

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 29 2006, 12:58 AM)
    Dami en turns into Damian.

Thank you! I have been typing random words to see if they change. I believe that this has been the coolest invention since indoor plumbing.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 29 2006, 12:58 AM)
    Dami en turns into Damian.

But I have seen several terrible miss spellings of his name, and I cringe every time I see it.
  • I find this really amusing. I didn't know about that. I think Tim's name should also be turned into Timothy Charming the next time I type his name. Just like what J0rge does on his Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore thing.
  • ok I have a question

I know that Damian has a degree on art semiotics, and that Andy is an engineer (like i'm going to be ehehe) but I don't know in what area. About Tim and Dan I just don't know anything. could any of you tell me something about this?
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Dec 27 2006, 01:23 PM)
    ok I have a question

I know that Damian has a degree on art semiotics, and that Andy is an engineer (like i'm going to be ehehe) but I don't know in what area. About Tim and Dan I just don't know anything. could any of you tell me something about this?

Tim went to DePaul University and has a BFA in Playwriting. I'm still trying to find a play that Tim wrote called "The Clowns Play," if anyone wants to help ME out in that area.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 27 2006, 05:51 PM)
    Tim went to DePaul University and has a BFA in Playwriting.

Oh my God! Playwriting!!

Tim is soooo great!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 27 2006, 07:51 PM)
    Tim went to DePaul University and has a BFA in Playwriting. I'm still trying to find a play that Tim wrote called "The Clowns Play," if anyone wants to help ME out in that area.

yeah that's such a cool area! So 2 of them have art-related degrees. I've remembered that Andy is related to electronics or computers because in an interview Damian said that he was the best guy in the group to deal with electronics.

what about Dan?
  • I think Andy was like computer engineering... Or something far from that. I don't remember, but they mentioned Andy's info in the UGO interview. Not so sure about Dan though.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 27 2006, 08:51 PM)

oh, I thought it's called "Clowns and Cotton Candy"? anyway, I'm sorry but I can't help you...I heard about it too but I was never able to find out more details about it, sadly... unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (viv @ Dec 28 2006, 07:22 PM)
    I think Andy was like computer engineering... Or something far from that. I don't remember, but they mentioned Andy's info in the UGO interview. Not so sure about Dan though.

jeez I have a subject about programing this semester and I'm driving NUTS...
    He should give me private lessons on how to program in C language...
  • Andy majored in Electrical Engineering and minored in Computer Science.
  • hello everyone! soo.. im a newbie too.. because i saw ok go perform at my school UCSD and i totally fell in love with them and ever since then ive been trying to learn more and more about them by exploring the websites and message boards! anyway, i don't have a question at the moment, but i wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me discover loads of info about ok go! cool.gif
  • hi!

im kind of new too...
    there's lots to learn
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Dec 28 2006, 10:57 PM)
    hello everyone! soo.. im a newbie too.. because i saw ok go perform at my school UCSD and i totally fell in love with them and ever since then ive been trying to learn more and more about them by exploring the websites and message boards! anyway, i don't have a question at the moment, but i wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me discover loads of info about ok go! cool.gif

I was at that show! That whole night was teh best night of my life!
  • Gosh, double post. That should teach me to feverishly push the "post" button a second time when I thought it didn't go through the first.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Dec 28 2006, 07:29 AM)
    what about Dan?

I will continue to field the questions since no one else has. smile.gif

I looked up information about Dan a long time ago and came up short. After doing some recent research, thinking I could find more info now that OK Go are better known...I have still come up short.

I don't know what it is, but no one seems to know that much about Dan. I know he's the drummer and all, but dammit, I love the guy and I think we should know more. The few times I have met him I have been too afraid to ask him for more information, for fear of coming across like a stalker.

I know he went to Columbia University, and, if the dates are right (he's 32), graduated in 1997.

If an old-schooler is out there, withholding, I order you to come forward. wink.gif

P.S. - Whoever DOES know the most about Dan should also make him a Wikipedia page. Everyone has one with the exception of Danny-boy. Oh my darling, Oh my darling....Clementine.
  • It makes me sad that there isn't much about Dan out there. He's so sweet! Makes me feel so guilty not knowing much. I'll try to get up the nerve to ask him when I see them next.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Dec 29 2006, 03:00 AM)
    I was at that show! That whole night was teh best night of my life!

are u going to the show with them opening for snow patrol at san diego state open air theater on march 3rd... or to the one at universal studios gibson amphitheater on march 2nd?? i really want to go to one or both of those shows but ticketmaster has crap tickets left so im trying to score some on ebay but they're expensive and im just a college student! sigh over 200 bucks for 2 pit tickets.. im so tempted!! and i reallllly wanna try to meet them somehow but i dunno if its possible since they're opening instead of headlining.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 29 2006, 06:50 AM)
    I know he went to Columbia University, and, if the dates are right (he's 32), graduated in 1997.

If an old-schooler is out there, withholding, I order you to come forward. wink.gif

i think i read somewhere a few years back that he went to Columbia College in Chicago (an arts school) for percussion specifically...not positive though so don't quote me.

but definitely for sure know he went to Columbia COLLEGE not the UNIVERSITY (which is the ivy league school in new york) Just want to make that fact clear smile.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Dec 29 2006, 12:05 PM)
    are u going to the show with them opening for snow patrol at san diego state open air theater on march 3rd... or to the one at universal studios gibson amphitheater on march 2nd?? i really want to go to one or both of those shows but ticketmaster has crap tickets left so im trying to score some on ebay but they're expensive and im just a college student! sigh over 200 bucks for 2 pit tickets.. im so tempted!! and i reallllly wanna try to meet them somehow but i dunno if its possible since they're opening instead of headlining.

We're going on the 3rd, actually. Bought the tickets the SECOND they went on sale, and still go crappy seats, that's okay though because I love them enough to be far away and still be excited beyond believe. There is going to be another show on January 19th in Anaheim, but we're (when I say we, I mean my partner in crime - Angela87 and me) still not too sure on how to get the tickets. We're still in the process of figuring that out, but if you like when we do find out we could inform you of all the nice details.