In this Discussion

Contest for OK Go show, Chicago Dec. 30

Comments

• OMG, Jackie, I just missed you by two seconds--log back in. !!! lol
  • OMG, I love you, fandom!!!! We're going going going! We'll see what happens when we get there, but hell, we're going! LOL

Jackie J is the shit.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 31 2006, 04:45 AM)

The two of you look so adorable! I told my sister that I wished I could've stayed on the phone with you that whole time, so I could have told you to yell out some embarrassing things on my behalf! That would've been awesome, but costly. My other wish was to hear every little detail of what passed, so here's my chance to thank you for writing another chapter of your Awesome Adventures with OK Go! biggrin.gif

... Hey look! It's my first post! Or my first reply! Or however this works! ^^
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 31 2006, 12:12 AM)
    OMG, I love you, fandom!!!! We're going going going! We'll see what happens when we get there, but hell, we're going! LOL

Jackie J is the shit.

sheri, you're hilarious, but it's dan that deserves all kudos, what an incredible sweetie pie.....

i couldn't possibly add too much more to that story but just a little clarification...i wait tables here in chicago, have done it for some time now and basically can't go anywhere in the city without running into someone i know or at least knowing how things run....that's how i was able to get hungry andy and jordan a snack so quickly and was so glad to do it....and that's how i was able to take care of bono all those times.....

what i would like to add (besides thanking sheri...we made a great team and it was great to meet ya) is to wish all with okgo much more success and the absolute best of everything in the new year, they truly deserve it....

happy new year to all as well,

jackerooooooooooni
  • Wow! What a story!!!!! Sheri feel free to write as many books as you like because there are definitely people who love to read them. :-D
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 31 2006, 05:18 PM)
    Wow! What a story!!!!! Sheri feel free to write as many books as you like because there are definitely people who love to read them. :-D

I totally agree with DJRose - I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO enjoyed reading this, and WOW you're 2 very lucky people!!! thanks so much for sharing this with us, Sheri. I envy you wub.gif smile.gif .
  • Shari, by all means, write as much as you want. You are very good at it because I feel as though I was there last night. I feel exhilarated just reading your account of last night. I'm excited for you that recognized you!
  • JEEEEEEEEEEEZ. You two are amazing. I love this story and I love Dan and Andy even more (if that's at all possible). This is amazing! THanks so much for sharing.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 31 2006, 04:45 AM)

Oh no... Tim's growing a mustache, it looks like? mellow.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif PLEASE TIM! NOOOOOO

Congrats! That sounds like the perfect night. Poor Dan, didn't get to play sad.gif
  • ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

NO! TIM! YOU CAN NOT DO THIS TO ME!

I will cry if he grows a moustache! sad.gif

I have this fear of moustaches. I've never seen one guy look decent with just a moustache.
  • Sheri! You are the luckiest Ok Go fan in all of fandom!! laugh.gif How great that they recognized you and remembered your name. I'm so glad you had a wonderful night.

And, welcome Jackie, luckiest Newbie and bearer of food for hungry rock stars! tongue.gif
  • I envy you more than you will ever know.
  • Sheri, you're sooooo lucky. I rarely use extra o's, so you know I mean it.

Andy is touchy about being touched? I never thought that, but maybe I just assumed that he was happy to be hugging me too. Then there was that one show when he gave me and my sister a group hug, but we have been hugging him already, so I guess that doesn't count.

But yeah, you're super lucky.
  • Sheri, I am so, so, so, so happy that a true fan got to see them live. I am so happy for you. That is so cool. I wish I would've just sucked it up and gone down to the Lakeshore too myself that night. I was bummed that no one on this board got tickets, but then I read your posts just now and was glad to see that not only did you get in, you hung out with them! Very, very cool.

Thanks for the details and the photos!

-Suzie
  • Oh and congratulations to you too, Jackie, for getting in as well! Great way to end the year, ain't it?? biggrin.gif

-Suzie
  • well thats just awesome. sheri ur fucken lucky!!!!!!!
    i'm jealous sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Little_cat_feet @ Jan 1 2007, 10:36 PM)
    Oh and congratulations to you too, Jackie, for getting in as well! Great way to end the year, ain't it?? biggrin.gif

-Suzie

why thank you, suzie, and yes it is!

j
    p.s. one more little aside from that nite...when sheri and i were in the car, (she graciously gave me a ride home) a real radio station, wxrt ....started playing a snow patrol song but intro'd it as the band that will be opening for okgo this spring at the aragon....that's as it should be, yes??
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 1 2007, 11:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=92108
    But anyway, then sitting there watching it, I'm thinking, "I hung out with those guys last night. (Well, didn't hang out with all of them, but you know what I mean.) I touched all of those guys last night. Those guys on national TV right now, that I'm watching on TV at the neighbors' on New Year's Eve, I was with last night and two of them knew me by name. Holy f#@%ing shit!" That's some crazy shit right there. rolleyes.gif

I know what you mean. It is crazy.

QUOTE (jackie j @ Jan 2 2007, 11:00 AM)
    p.s. one more little aside from that nite...when sheri and i were in the car, (she graciously gave me a ride home) a real radio station, wxrt ....started playing a snow patrol song but intro'd it as the band that will be opening for okgo this spring at the aragon....that's as it should be, yes??

Haha, excellent! Yes, that is as it should be. Nice when a radio station finally gets it "right." wink.gif