In this Discussion

Tim

edited November -1 in OK Go
Sorry if this already existed, but I looked thru the forum for threads that were just on each of the guys individually, and I couldn't find any. And I wanna talk about Tim today smile.gif

Tim is so funny! I can't remember which interview it was, but he said, and I'm paraphrasing, "we wanted to do something where we could lose weight at the same time." I saw that weeks ago and I'm still laughing!

And ooomg, his best quote ever- before the VMA's when they were practicing, Rusty shows the camera an injury on his hand. Then Tim says "You wanna see a major injury? Check this out" and opens shirt. The camera focuses on his chest and he goes, "Oh, whoops, that's just a fine pectorial."

But maybe my absolute favorite quote by Tim is the story he tells about his Japan dream in the podcast. It's just so incredibly cute!

And he's so suave! He really reminds me of an aristocrat.

And what are your thoughts on Tim? smile.gif

Comments

• He's from the K-Zoo . . . so he's fucking sweet.

And next to John Belushi, he has the best sideburns ever.
  • Haha, yeah Tim's so awesome.

That "fine pectorial" quote is also one of my favorites. He's just one of those guys when you look at him, you know he's funny. Not necessarily that he looks funny, but just so.

Tim needs more love. Actually, Dan needs more love too.
  • Dan needs lots of love. I feel bad, he doesn't get much attention. Has anyone made him a fan page? I remember watching a fan interview where it was him and Andy and they were asked if they have fan pages and he said that the rest of the band members did and that for a while he had one as well but it got deleted and now he doesn't have a fan site sad.gif I'd make one, but I don't have time to run one. And honestly, I don't know all that much about Dan... unsure.gif
  • I've never loved Tim more than when I heard the pectorial comment...THAT was amazing. and Tim is just too amazing for words
  • And his voice is awesome too! That part in "It's a Disaster" when Damian sings "It's an incredible mess" and then Tim echoes it, is really, really something else- their voices complement so perfectly. And then there's all the awesomeness of C-C-Cinnamon Lips, which for some reason reminds me a lot of British music. Tim could've been a Beatle smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Jan 17 2007, 01:15 AM)
    Dan needs lots of love. I feel bad, he doesn't get much attention. Has anyone made him a fan page? I remember watching a fan interview where it was him and Andy and they were asked if they have fan pages and he said that the rest of the band members did and that for a while he had one as well but it got deleted and now he doesn't have a fan site sad.gif I'd make one, but I don't have time to run one. And honestly, I don't know all that much about Dan... unsure.gif

Awww. I heard that once, when they were out after some show with the fans, one girl looked at Dan and asked, "Which one are you?" He just smiled and said, "I'm Dan, the drummer." sad.gif

By the way, that PSA you made: awesome. smile.gif
  • ive never really spoken to tim, but i have the other guys a fair bit

<3 for the Dan though
  • Yeah . . . Dan doesn't get enough props. And how can't you know who he is?! Personally, that girl should have been hit . . . OK, I'm thinking violently.

But I'm kind of excited about the fact that I'm going to the same school that Dan attended. hehe. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 17 2007, 12:33 AM)
    And ooomg, his best quote ever- before the VMA's when they were practicing, Rusty shows the camera an injury on his hand. Then Tim says "You wanna see a major injury? Check this out" and opens shirt. The camera focuses on his chest and he goes, "Oh, whoops, that's just a fine pectorial."

You mean this fine pectoral? laugh.gif

I still can't believe Andy's hands got that messed up! I cringe looking at it.

QUOTE (Ushies @ Jan 17 2007, 03:15 AM)
    Dan needs lots of love. I feel bad, he doesn't get much attention. Has anyone made him a fan page? I remember watching a fan interview where it was him and Andy and they were asked if they have fan pages and he said that the rest of the band members did and that for a while he had one as well but it got deleted and now he doesn't have a fan site sad.gif I'd make one, but I don't have time to run one. And honestly, I don't know all that much about Dan... unsure.gif

There used to be D-D-Definitely Dan, but the lease on the webspace ran out and the owner said she was working on getting it back up a few months ago(haven't heard anything since then though).

But yeah, that interview, Andy said he's Dan's number one fan, which I thought was hilarious. (Can you really be a fan of someone you're in a band with? haha)

Tim's been pretty amazing to me, he loves my cookies(as seen on youtube) and he thought my audioblog drawings were some of the best he's recieved yet(I drew them in the car, I thought they sucked, haha). He asked if he could put them on a website that he was planning to show the best of the best audioblog submissions, but I've never heard anything about it since then. mellow.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 17 2007, 12:58 PM)
    You mean this fine pectoral? laugh.gif

But yeah, that interview, Andy said he's Dan's number one fan, which I thought was hilarious. (Can you really be a fan of someone you're in a band with? haha)

I love Tim's fine pectoral.

And sure you can [in regards to the being a fan of a bandmate]. Keith Moon was said to be the Who's biggest fan. I don't see how this couldn't work out. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Jan 17 2007, 05:49 PM)
    Yeah . . . Dan doesn't get enough props. And how can't you know who he is?! Personally, that girl should have been hit . . . OK, I'm thinking violently.

But I'm kind of excited about the fact that I'm going to the same school that Dan attended. hehe. smile.gif

for a good 3 months worth of pics sir dan was wearing ties that i had got him, i would have gone on more about it at the time but people were just ignoring my love =p

then i think the good people over at a fine tooth got them the uber post ties they wear all the time now
  • Oh my god, that podcast with Tim's "sumo wrestlers genetically enhancing mice to then race" dream made me laugh so hard.
    ph34r.gif Ohhh, Mista Nordwind, this is our real passion... ph34r.gif

For anyone who has not heard that podcast, go get it from iTunes right now. You won't be sorry.
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 17 2007, 07:24 PM)
    Oh my god, that podcast with Tim's "sumo wrestlers genetically enhancing mice to then race" dream made me laugh so hard.
    ph34r.gif Ohhh, Mista Nordwind, this is our real passion... ph34r.gif

For anyone who has not heard that podcast, go get it from iTunes right now. You won't be sorry.

HAHAHAHAHA, YES!!!!!

aaand, to add another quote to Tim's charm: "the cold reality and sad truth of the situation is that most of you lost." LAWLZ!!!!!!!!
  • Bahaha, my friend and I made him reenact that dream when he was tipsy once.
  • That podcast is definately my favorite. It's also really funny when Damian is telling that story about how his grandfather used to get his grandkids all hyped up on sugar by letting them pick 5 items in the grocery store, and Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore interrupts him and Damian's like, "Hang on hang on I'm making a point here." And Tim goes, "We're almost there...."

I'm sure Tim is very used to Damian's long, never ending stories about grandparents who discovered click beetles and fish sticks.

Oh, and, for those of you who don't know, Damian's grandfather discovered a kind of click beetle and it's called Glyphonyx kulashi, and there's a picture of it on my sig.

Can you see the resemblance?
  • I love Tim and Dan. Over the past year and a half or so, they've been my favorites. Before that, I was a Damian lover like everyone else. Tim and Dan are so nice and they always stop to talk to me and they're both just amazing.

QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 17 2007, 09:58 AM)
    There used to be D-D-Definitely Dan, but the lease on the webspace ran out and the owner said she was working on getting it back up a few months ago(haven't heard anything since then though).

Yeah, I remember that. The TNFC too, but I was never part of either one. I should have joined, but I go online much when I was 12, so I didn't feel the need to join any internet community things.

QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 17 2007, 09:58 AM)
    Tim's been pretty amazing to me, he loves my cookies(as seen on youtube) and he thought my audioblog drawings were some of the best he's recieved yet(I drew them in the car, I thought they sucked, haha). He asked if he could put them on a website that he was planning to show the best of the best audioblog submissions, but I've never heard anything about it since then. mellow.gif

Tim loves my brownies. He sort of talked about them in the first podcast. I think he just likes all baked goods.

QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 17 2007, 04:34 PM)
    That podcast is definately my favorite. It's also really funny when Damian is telling that story about how his grandfather used to get his grandkids all hyped up on sugar by letting them pick 5 items in the grocery store, and Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore interrupts him and Damian's like, "Hang on hang on I'm making a point here." And Tim goes, "We're almost there...."

Me and my sister had a health food party once. Worst idea EVER! We even had ice cream cones with frosting in them, but my sister had the good idea of putting a cupcake into the cone and then frosting it, whereas I only put frosting in my cone. I felt like I was going to die. I gladly ate a ton of vegetables after that.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 17 2007, 07:14 AM)
    Awww. I heard that once, when they were out after some show with the fans, one girl looked at Dan and asked, "Which one are you?" He just smiled and said, "I'm Dan, the drummer." sad.gif

By the way, that PSA you made: awesome. smile.gif

That "I'm Dan, the drummer" thing happened at my show too. After, Dan was the one who opened thir tour bus' door and there were some women they let on and one of them asked who he was. I'm sure they had some connections or something, but that's still not fair for them to get to hang after and not even know who is in the band sad.gif

Thank you happy.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 17 2007, 09:03 PM)
    Tim loves my brownies. He sort of talked about them in the first podcast. I think he just likes all baked goods.

Those were YOURS?! laugh.gif hahaha no way! that's awesome! I've been wondering who had made them for the longest time! Were they standard brownies from the box, or were they from scratch? And how the heck did you give it to them? I'd been considering making them some, but had no idea if I should cut them into squares or package it into a tupperware thingie with a plastic knife or what.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 17 2007, 05:24 PM)
    Those were YOURS?! laugh.gif hahaha no way! that's awesome! I've been wondering who had made them for the longest time! Were they standard brownies from the box, or were they from scratch? And how the heck did you give it to them? I'd been considering making them some, but had no idea if I should cut them into squares or package it into a tupperware thingie with a plastic knife or what.

I don't reveal my secret brownie recipes. wink.gif (obviously that means it came from a box) The first brownies I made were from a box, but since then, I've made them brownies from scratch. I just cut them into squares, wrapped them in saran wrap and then put them into this little cardboard box. I always use the same kind of box, so they always know what's inside.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 17 2007, 09:31 PM)
    I don't reveal my secret brownie recipes. wink.gif (obviously that means it came from a box) The first brownies I made were from a box, but since then, I've made them brownies from scratch. I just cut them into squares, wrapped them in saran wrap and then put them into this little cardboard box. I always use the same kind of box, so they always know what's inside.

hahaha you're amazing, you know that, right? Let's get a mobile kitchen that follows the band around the globe. We'll be like their personal chefs! it'll be fantastic! laugh.gif

We can make Goulash for the Kulash, and Corned Hen for the Nordwind, hahaha.