In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW...

...you see more paisley clothing or anything more in stores and deny the fact that it was always there and that think that they just keep popping up everywhere..

...when you have an argument/conversation on who's hotter matt theissen from relient k or Rusty Ross infront of your whole band class during secret santa time.. haha
  • YKYOW:

You attempt the AMW dance...WHILE DRIVING.

It wasn't pretty.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 15 2007, 11:34 PM)
    YKYOW:

It wasn't pretty.

haha, I've tried that. I actually have this modified AMW routine down for when im driving. It's pretty snazzy.
  • QUOTE (Jevislabonvie @ Jan 15 2007, 11:37 PM)
    haha, I've tried that. I actually have this modified AMW routine down for when im driving. It's pretty snazzy.

I haven't perfected the "AMW while driving" dance, but it includes a lot of hand motions, waving, half-twists in my seat, and, if no one is around, honking simultaneous with "1-0-0-0-0-0-0." biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 16 2007, 12:41 AM)
    I haven't perfected the "AMW while driving" dance, but it includes a lot of hand motions, waving, half-twists in my seat, and, if no one is around, honking simultaneous with "1-0-0-0-0-0-0." biggrin.gif

nice. I haven't tried the honking yet. I should try that some time.
  • QUOTE (Jevislabonvie @ Jan 16 2007, 12:44 AM)
    nice. I haven't tried the honking yet. I should try that some time.

It's really nice, especially on the interstate. No one knows what in the hell you are honking at, and with such musical integrity too.

"One, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk."
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 16 2007, 12:25 AM)
    It's really nice, especially on the interstate. No one knows what in the hell you are honking at, and with such musical integrity too.

"One, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk, honk."

Haha that reminds me of how my dad honks at us in weird tunes when we see him off to work. Heehee.
  • YKYOW...

You're a doctor and you chuckle when you see that one of your new patients is already taking Klonopin.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 15 2007, 11:34 PM)
    YKYOW:

It wasn't pretty.

I haven't tried it in the car, but I was on an airplane to California two weeks ago trying to learn it (I'm the last OK Go fan who doesn't yet know it). It's on my iPod video and I was sitting in my seat doing the motions while watching. I'm fairly certain that one or two other passengers thought I was certifiable.
  • YKYOW:

Your school announces a fancy dress day to raise money, with the theme being "heroes" (both fictional or just role models) and yeah... you choose to go as an OK Go member, even trying to rope in friends to make up the rest of the band.
  • YKYOW

You learn how to say "go" in Italian and immediately want to learn how to say "OK."

You waste free time at school thinking up OK Go t-shirt ideas.
  • YKYOW:

Your old best friend comes into town and when telling your mom, "Guess who's going to be in Oceanside?!?!?!" Her first response is OK Go.
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Jan 25 2007, 01:09 PM)
    YKYOW...

You're a doctor and you chuckle when you see that one of your new patients is already taking Klonopin.
    laugh.gif

My uncle had to start taking klonopin a couple months ago for chronic fatigue or something. It was mean, but I almost laughed because I thought of AMW... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Tredmill Master @ Dec 26 2006, 10:04 PM)
    really whats so bad about an obsession anyway? can't it be a good thing? so don't ridicule my people!!!

I wouldn't call it obsession, my friends. I would call it LOVE! wub.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 27 2006, 06:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=91382
    YKYOW:

It wasn't pretty.

its really fun to dance while listening to AMW, but when your in the passenger seat to someone dancing to it, it becomes a terrifying thrill ride
  • YKYOW...

... whenever you get on a treadmill you always try to moonwalk on it

... you can't play ping pong without quoting the entire video (seriously, nobody wants to play with me anymore)

... you can tell when Damian gets a haircut

... your mind is racing when you go to a concert because you're trying to think of something funny to say if you HAPPEN to run into them afterwards

... you get mad when you find out they're playing at Madison Square Garden in March because they're your band and you knew about them first and you don't want to share them with with all the MTV teeny boppers!!!

... you and your friend are going to start your own Youtube based variety show because you once heard Damian say in a fan correspondance video that he and Tim have always wanted to start their own variety show. IT'S CALLED "TRUTH FOR TINSEL SHOW" EVERYBODY!!! EPISODE ONE COMING SOON!!!!
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 25 2007, 08:25 PM)
    YKYOW...

... you can't play ping pong without quoting the entire video (seriously, nobody wants to play with me anymore)

I'm ashamed to admit that I've actually done these first three... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 25 2007, 07:25 PM)
    YKYOW...

Dude, it's like you found my name in a dictionary and typed out the definition. blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jan 25 2007, 08:47 PM)
    Dude, it's like you found my name in a dictionary and typed out the definition. blink.gif
    Duude. We must be twins. Atleast first cousins once removed or something. ohmy.gif
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jan 25 2007, 08:06 PM)
    Duude. We must be twins. Atleast first cousins once removed or something. ohmy.gif

So that's where the awesomeness went in my family. smile.gif