In this Discussion

OK Go on "Las Vegas" (NBC TV show)

Comments

• ihave7stars, my love goes out to you. wub.gif
  • Seriously. What would we do without her? wub.gif
  • To save everyone the trouble of watching the entire show (and also for those outside the US who can't watch it on NBC's site), I've clipped out the relevant portions and pasted them together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NtUG-c0wHg

And if the non-US people really want to watch the whole episode, I can upload it somewhere in its entirety without the commercials as an .avi file (it's huge). But honestly, the rest of it is not worth watching. I had 2 hours to kill today and had this on my iPod and I still fast forwarded to just the OK Go scenes since the rest was so bad.
    To save everyone the trouble of watching the entire show (and also for those outside the US who can't watch it on NBC's site), I've clipped out the relevant portions and pasted them together:

Wow, that's just... awesome of you. I wanted to see their part of the show but was absolutely dreading having to sit through the rest of it. Now I can just watch the good bits. Big props to you; THANKS!

(I never watch TV; seriously - never.)
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 24 2007, 11:36 AM)
    To save everyone the trouble of watching the entire show (and also for those outside the US who can't watch it on NBC's site), I've clipped out the relevant portions and pasted them together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NtUG-c0wHg

And if the non-US people really want to watch the whole episode, I can upload it somewhere in its entirety without the commercials as an .avi file (it's huge). But honestly, the rest of it is not worth watching. I had 2 hours to kill today and had this on my iPod and I still fast forwarded to just the OK Go scenes since the rest was so bad.

thank you so much! you're so kind! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 19 2007, 01:48 PM)
    can't tell you how many times I've seen girls make out in bars to get free drinks because guys go CRAZY for it

I wish Damian & Andy would just finally make out for me. Geez, I'll buy them drinks.

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 19 2007, 08:25 PM)
    as Damian gives an angry "hey who farted look" toward the sky

laugh.gif

QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 19 2007, 11:07 PM)
    DAMIAN: DON'T YOU DIE ON ME!!!!
    TIM: Ohhhhh, the pain! Ohhh, my fine pectorials!

laugh.gif again!

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 19 2007, 07:58 PM)
    (On one ep of Gilligan, a rock band got marooned on the island. They got rescued, Gilligan didn't. Mrs. Howl went around chasing the band w/ scissors insisting they needed a haircut.)
    OMG, was that the Mosquitoes?!? And then was that the one where the girls formed a band? Were they called the Honeybees or something? LOL
  • that is alot of boobs everywhere

thank you muchly for bringing okgo dancing

<3
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 26 2007, 01:17 PM)
    I wish Damian & Andy would just finally make out for me. Geez, I'll buy them drinks.

And break up magic like THIS!?

• You know Damian and Andy found love long before Dan tried to tempt Andy away.

Guitar grinding is hot
  • Awwww. Love. That makes me happy. wub.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 26 2007, 05:10 PM)
    You know Damian and Andy found love long before Dan tried to tempt Andy away.

Guitar grinding is hot

Not to mention that passionate mini snuggle show they had at the HOB!

Ahhh those red pants!
  • I'm so lame that those 2 photos of hugging and affection are making me teary- they really are so sweet and brotherly! Damian and Tim best friends since ages 11 and 12, Damian and Rusty in the same high school, Dan and Tim in the same band in Chicago...they're so incredibly sweet. They're more than friends: they're family now. they're just so...wonderful.
  • It is awesome. Dan told me after the Milwaukee show that they're "like brothers." We were talking about him and Damian specifically, but in the context of the rest of the conversation I'm sure it applies to all.

One quick thing, though: Damian and Andy Duncan, not current Andy, went to high school together.

There's also a picture of Tim and Damian hugging onstage, I think from a show this winter. I don't have time to try and find it (it's been posted on this board), but maybe someone else knows where it is and can post it again? It's another guitar-guitar moment smile.gif Very cute.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 27 2007, 07:02 AM)
    There's also a picture of Tim and Damian hugging onstage, I think from a show this winter. I don't have time to try and find it (it's been posted on this board), but maybe someone else knows where it is and can post it again? It's another guitar-guitar moment smile.gif Very cute.

Here it is
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 27 2007, 10:02 AM)
    One quick thing, though: Damian and Andy Duncan, not current Andy, went to high school together.

Oh! Thanks!

And that is soooo sweet that Dan actually said they were like brothers.

And now that pic of Tim and Damian hugging is making me all teary-eyed again. They're just so wonderful!
  • QUOTE (tiredofkim @ Jan 27 2007, 10:10 AM)
    Here it is

Thanks smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jan 27 2007, 07:02 AM)

Yay! You remembered my picture! I feel so honored.
    Yep, it's from their Sacramento, CA. show on November 3rd 2006!!!!!! A day I will remember for ever!
  • That was yours?? Too funny!!
  • Yep. But I got so excited that I captured this sweet moment that I forgot why they were hugging. Oh well...
  • Re the brothers thing, perhaps you've seen this article by Damian from Apr 2003 (http://okgo.net/fun_damian_2003_04.asp), in response to the editor's request to talk about relationships among the band members (and remember, the Andy's he's referring to is Andy Duncan, not Rusty Ross). Here's the relevant excerpt:

We're all close friends, and have been for years. Tim, the bassist, and I met at summer camp at age 12. Andy, the guitarist, and I met at 15 in high school. A couple years later, the two of them wound up, by chance, at different colleges in Chicago where they met our drummer, Dan, and played in a band with him for a while. So we were all friends long before OK Go had its first practice, and, at least for me and Tim, even before we had ever picked up our instruments. Our longstanding friendship is, by the way, is the thing I am most thankful for. The music business is an overall awful world, and in particular, touring life has a tendency to reduce people to their worst elements. If we had not been trusting, devoted, loving friends going into this, we would all be absolutely miserable right now. We are lucky to be more like a family than a business.

Anyhow, on to the specifics. Tim is the charming one. Everyone likes him. And I don't mean just in the band. Universally. I have never met anyone who doesn't like Tim. He's friendly and witty and vain in a curiously humble way, and the whole package is extremely funny. Andy is spacey, but thoughtful, and he lives in a universe unknown to the rest of us. Amazing things can occur when the rules and logic of his world don't match up with those of the outside reality, but sometimes it's also really frustrating. No one entirely understands Andy, including himself, and that is what we like most about him. Dan is the solid mass of goodness at the heart of the band. As the Plains and the Midwest are to America, or as the breadbasket of Ukraine and Russia was to the USSR, so is Dan to OK Go. He is hardworking, relentlessly optimistic, and pleasantly goofy.