In this Discussion

Damian and Tim Radio Interview this morning

edited November -1 in OK Go
Damian and Tim were just on WMMR. They talked about the next video which was just shot, and it is for DWYW. Apparently there are people riding segues, and gigantic pogo sticks, and Dan was apparently injured pretty badly on either the segue or the pogo stick (I don't know which, I missed that part). Also they said they might be touring with the Fray later this year.

I'm a little jumbled right now (work stuff) so I'll post more as I remember it. Oh, but the show is podcasted, just search for WMMR Preston and Steve.

Comments

• Thanks! I'll look up the podcast when I get home. And poor Dan! sad.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 31 2007, 04:15 PM)
    Also they said they might be touring with the Fray later this year.

STOPTOURINGANDMAKEARECORDDAMMIT.

*ahem*

I didn't say anything.
  • http://prestonandsteve.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=176837#

You have to go one hour and fifty-six minutes into the damn thing, but you finally get to hear them.

I hope Dan is ok.
  • Did they mention when the video might be released?
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 31 2007, 12:22 PM)
    http://prestonandsteve.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=176837#

You have to go one hour and fifty-six minutes into the damn thing, but you finally get to hear them. smile.gif

Yeah, I should've warned about that. Sorry.

But at least it's Preston and Steve. They're really one of the more palatable morning shows out there (except when you want to hear OK Go, and you're waiting and waiting and WAITING).
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 31 2007, 12:24 PM)
    Yeah, I should've warned about that. Sorry.

But at least it's Preston and Steve. They're really one of the more palatable morning shows out there (except when you want to hear OK Go, and you're waiting and waiting and WAITING).

(haha) I wasn't complaining or anything. I was just telling everyone that if they did not want to wait that long to hear OK Go, all they had to do was fast-forward. biggrin.gif

I cannot wait to see the new video.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 31 2007, 07:15 AM)
    Damian and Tim were just on WMMR. They talked about the next video which was just shot, and it is for DWYW. Apparently there are people riding segues, and gigantic pogo sticks, and Dan was apparently injured pretty badly on either the segue or the pogo stick (I don't know which, I missed that part).

Why are they shooting another video of DWYW? I love the orginial, yet nauseating, video. And Dan got injured on one of the industrial sized pogo sticks. Segways and pogo sticks. Amazing.

The Kulash-"It's an exciting video".

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 31 2007, 07:50 AM)

*ahem*

I didn't say anything.

I second that motion.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Jan 31 2007, 02:29 PM)
    Why are they shooting another video of DWYW? I love the orginial, yet nauseating, video.

Because it didn't get enough airplay and they're re-releasing the song, so they're going to make a new video to go along with it.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 31 2007, 07:50 AM)

*ahem*

I didn't say anything.

They could make the record first and then tour with The Fray, as they did say later this year! Well, at least I'm hoping that's what it means.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Jan 31 2007, 11:11 AM)
    They could make the record first and then tour with The Fray, as they did say later this year! Well, at least I'm hoping that's what it means.

...and then die from exhaustion. I've always knew pogosticks were dangerous.
  • i got a pogo stick when i was little for christmas.... it looked sooo fun, but proved to be the stuff nightmares are made of.

i hope dannys ok unsure.gif
  • I just hope that everything is ok with Dan...
  • I'm sure Dan's fine, he's awesome like that.

can't wait for the new video!
  • They're talking about some album and they're randomly like, "Damian from OK Go knows the answer..." "Hello hello!!"

I love how the host comments on how talkative they were, but it was just Damian speaking most of the time... biggrin.gif Other than Tim saying "we crush them". How typical, haha.

Geez... they're touring with The Fray this year too? They need a breaaak, man.
  • Ooh! Damian mentioned the treadmill dance on the mexican TV show. Allow me to dream and say that he read the topic I started about it or J0rge showed him the link I sent him. YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Jan 31 2007, 03:48 PM)
    Ooh! Damian mentioned the treadmill dance on the mexican TV show. Allow me to dream and say that he read the topic I started about it or J0rge showed him the link I sent him. YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I believe that he found out from you. See your dream plays into one of my bigger dreams. He found out about the video from you and then he goes out to meet you and being the awesome person you are mentions me. He is so astonished by my youtube videos that he flies out to my house and we spend the day playing UNO and eating pizza. When he cannot defeat me at UNO (because I am an UNO master) he calls for back up. The rest of the band joins us at my house and they play a private show for me in my patio. So I believe that they found out from you…and yes I am on drugs.
  • OOOOOOOO! AWESOME!!!! thanks so much, DJRose and Toiletdog!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 31 2007, 07:15 AM)
    Also they said they might be touring with the Fray later this year.

That's exciting news and all, but that is a really odd pairing. I listen to both, but together on tour would really be all levels of weird. Like eating soda and cereal. ...Or something like that.

And please don't bite my head off, it's just an opinion. Nothing's set in stone. ph34r.gif
  • No, I totally agree. It was weird enough seeing them open for Weezer.