In this Discussion

Greetings!

edited November -1 in OK Go
I'm not sure of the best way to de-lurk but I've seen it done here before, and wanted to do the polite thing and say hello before posting. Some of you know me as Karen on the Grownups group and others know me from the JC. I'm the American living in Germany since 7 years (but we are going to move sometime within a year). Love OK Go, saw/met them in Hamburg, and I'm going to see them next Sunday in Bielefeld and next Tuesday in Bremen (much closer to home; I can't believe they're coming to Bremen!) Hubby also loves OK Go and is really making some sacrifices so we can go to these two worknight concerts which are quite a way from home.

I've read this board for a while and wanted to join, and said so to other members of this board who are on MySpace, especially but not only to see the attachments (you have to log in first before attachments load for you). It's becoming inconvenient not to be a registered member here. Besides, you're a witty bunch and this is one of the better/more entertaining OK Go boards. I look forward to chatting! Hello to everyone I already know, and everyone I don't yet!

Comments

• Welcome Kareh! biggrin.gif
  • welcome to you and all the other new people of late
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Feb 11 2007, 09:33 AM)
    I'm not sure of the best way to de-lurk but I've seen it done here before, and wanted to do the polite thing and say hello before posting. Some of you know me as Karen on the Grownups group and others know me from the JC. I'm the American living in Germany since 7 years (but we are going to move sometime within a year). Love OK Go, saw/met them in Hamburg, and I'm going to see them next Sunday in Bielefeld and next Wednesday in Bremen (much closer to home; I can't believe they're coming to Bremen!) Hubby also loves OK Go and is really making some sacrifices so we can go to these two worknight concerts which are quite a way from home.

I've read this board for a while and wanted to join, and said so to other members of this board who are on MySpace, especially but not only to see the attachments (you have to log in first before attachments load for you). It's becoming inconvenient not to be a registered member here. Besides, you're a witty bunch and this is one of the better/more entertaining OK Go boards. I look forward to chatting! Hello to everyone I already know, and everyone I don't yet!

Hi Karen!!! ::HUGS::
  • Hi from Theresa! Welcome to the Show! biggrin.gif
  • hi Karen! great to have you here now, too smile.gif *hugs*
  • HI HI HI
    nice to meet u. its so cool that u live in germany. i wanna visit so bad!!!!

oh, and hi to rest of the newbies...i've seen so many lately. HI HI HI
  • welcome!!
    im quite new myself.
  • woops sorry double post. is there anyway to delete a post instead of leaving the useless one there?
  • Hugs right back! Thanks for the welcome! Gotta get used to the features here; I guess I have this whole mini-portal where I can get messages and I got one from my buddy dietpepsidrunk :-D --thanks, gimme some time to learn the way of this new world as a registered user :-)
  • Karen! are you trying to force me out of my comfort zone as a board lurker? You just scared the hell out of me saying the Bremen gig was on wednesday! my flight leaves on wednesday I just had a full scale melt down! there's me thinking I've blown a weeks wages hopping over to Germany for the show and picked the wrong day AAARGH!.....but I had a lie down and feel better now! ........... I'll see you on TUESDAY!
  • Welcome to the boards Kareh!
  • This is a little late, but welcome!! I hope you are having fun at the concert.
  • I just wanted to send out a big fat shout out to Karen for joining our lovely little boards. Tis I Tempe! How goeth things in Germany? Nice to have you here wink.gif
  • QUOTE (toooldforthis @ Feb 13 2007, 08:56 PM)
    Karen! are you trying to force me out of my comfort zone as a board lurker? You just scared the hell out of me saying the Bremen gig was on wednesday! my flight leaves on wednesday I just had a full scale melt down! there's me thinking I've blown a weeks wages hopping over to Germany for the show and picked the wrong day AAARGH!.....but I had a lie down and feel better now! ........... I'll see you on TUESDAY!

Eeeek! I fixed my first post. You're right, it will be Tuesday. I wouldn't have missed the concert or anything--Just have so much going on from Sunday to Thursday that I temporarily got the days scrambled, if not the dates.

I am so psyched for these concerts! I don't know if Morrigan mentioned this here, but they are in a tour called Hurricane Southside Tour which is trying out bands to play for a festival in front of 50,000 people (in Germany). So this is a Pretty Big Deal. Being a "good fan" in the audience, however you do that, may be critical (any suggestions? Besides going crazy in the front row, maybe I could hand Damian a sheet with some cute German things to say). This festival takes place not too far from where I currently live and having OK Go would be spectacular for us and them!

I'm looking for a German audioblog site I can call to post news just after the concerts, but am not having any luck finding one yet. I would speak English of course; I just need a German number to call so it's cheap for me. I'd have to set it up and make the URL public really quickly and I'm running out of time, so I might have to do it the old-fashioned way, and wait to write my reports! I won't be able to stand waiting to share how it went.

Oh and hi Tempe! And Hi again everyone else! Thanks mightily for the welcome :-D Gimme time to figure out that friends list thingie and the portal!