In this Discussion

New video and new single

Comments

• Because the masks blended in with the carpet.
  • i thought they layed on the ground so it was like like they were blending in with the red carpet.... cept they were paisley silhouettes. It would have been rad if someone took a photo from directly above.
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Feb 12 2007, 03:21 PM)
    well if they didn't wear those outfits and acted crazy do you think any of you guys would even be having half of the discussions you are having now? it got everyone talking didn't it?

thats what i think also. Props porifera!

viva la couch suit!
  • Yeah, but that's why everyone's accusing them of promoting the video.

edit: which I'm not.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Feb 12 2007, 03:27 PM)
    thats what i think also. Props porifera!
    viva la couch suit!

thanks!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 12 2007, 02:55 PM)
    maybe they were looking at the wallpaper on the wall and the wallpaper in their minds, and wearing the difference...

Hahahaha! laugh.gif
  • There's a difference between being tacky and pushing the envelope, and in my opinion, they went too far. But if you liked it, that's cool. We could argue this forever.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Feb 12 2007, 06:28 PM)
    There's a difference between being tacky and pushing the envelope, and in my opinion, they went too far. But if you liked it, that's cool. We could argue this forever.

Ah, I don't want to argue with you smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif I was just talking. I totally respect that you didn't care for it... Personally, I hate it when people say "Oh that's great!" and don't mean it -- my impression of the band is they'd prefer honest fans over bootlicking toadies, too. More power to 'em. rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Feb 12 2007, 11:49 AM)
    Yes, yes and yes. Did you major in Marketing at Brown? I agree with everything.

Welcome to the board, Brunonianne. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the nice welcome! LOL-- no I didn't major in marketing, but I did go to Brown. (Didn't know Damian, though.)
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Feb 12 2007, 03:21 PM)
    well if they didn't wear those outfits and acted crazy do you think any of you guys would even be having half of the discussions you are having now? it got everyone talking didn't it?

This is a great point and one I actually thought about today after leaving my earlier comment criticizing their choices. I realized as the afternoon went on that I couldn't get the image of the boys in those suits out of my head, and not (I don't think) just because I'm a fan.

It was actually a very art-semiotic thing to do. (grin) And it got the fans talking, and the fashion commentators, etc. There's that old public-relations motto: "There is no such thing as bad publicity." I hope it works for them!
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Feb 13 2007, 02:20 AM)
    its a sign ok go has gotten all custom tailored on yo ass.

Okay... I lolled at that. A lot.
  • So the new video is being released this thursday and it's for the DWYW single right?

I just looooved the "couch suits"!!It's brilliant!!
  • YOU CAN SEE THE NEW VIDEO NOW!!

http://www.mtv.com/#/music/artist/ok_go/videos.jhtml

it's on mtv online already.

It's a pretty crazy video. Lot's of sweet moves. and they look like they had waaaayyyy too much fun making it lol.
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Feb 14 2007, 04:15 PM)
    YOU CAN SEE THE NEW VIDEO NOW!!

It's a pretty crazy video. Lot's of sweet moves. and they look like they had waaaayyyy too much fun making it lol.

Yay! Thanks for the link. The video was awesome. I loved how their instruments were decked out in paisley as well. And that they were "playing" them with their mits on. laugh.gif
  • HA! I LIKE IT!

Going to have to watch that again. A few dozen times. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Feb 14 2007, 06:15 PM)

Whoa. Muy caliente but I must say, I do miss seeing their beautiful faces (yeah, I'm just shellfish like that...).
  • I've been fuming over this for like two hours. Go to hell, MTV and your nation discrimination!
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Feb 14 2007, 04:15 PM)

My mind has been BLOWN! I don’t know whether to be scared or make my own paisley camouflage outfit. Did anyone see the mini-paisley camouflaged person? I'd hate to say mini, but I am not sure if it's a kid or a little person. I didn't know Dan was such a great double dutcher.

I just watched it again and now I really find it funny. They first time I was like...whoa my minds blown how do I react? So after the shock wore off, I now feel that I could watch it all day and stay entertained. I love that they incorporated two of my favorite dance moves, the robot and the Night at the Roxbury move. I wonder if they will sell those guitars for charity. Ah I have so many questions.

Thank you Emily for finding this. I can't wait to see it tomorrow on my television.
  • I can't think of a logical reason why they would show is in the US, but nowhere else. There's just no good reason for it!
    of course a lot of times when a UK band has a new cd, it gets released in the US a day later than everywhere else...
    idk how all that works.