In this Discussion

DAMIAN SPOTTING IN STARBUCKS PASADENA AT 2:00PM

Comments

• Pssshh. I am fearless.

That's probably not a good thing though.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 13 2007, 10:27 PM)
    Pssshh. I am fearless.

You never know. Tim just might have a thing for fearless ladies such as thineself.
  • I think he would have a thing for hot girls that use "thineself" smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 13 2007, 11:28 PM)
    You never know. Tim just might have a thing for fearless ladies such as thineself.
    *wiggles eyebrows* wink.gif
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Feb 13 2007, 10:36 PM)
    I think he would have a thing for hot girls that use "thineself" smile.gif

Hot dang! I sure do hope so, Mister!

(Even though you're a miss. It just sounds better.)
  • ok I just loved that peeled Damian idea...LOL
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 12 2007, 08:52 PM)
    wait, wouldn't it be better if Damian was the rooster and I was Damian. That way I could be petting Damian's c-

Ok, nevermind, yes we all want to be that rooster.

Oh, I laughed so hard and almost choked. Dirty minds here. huh.gif

I'm still laughing. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 13 2007, 10:27 PM)
    Pssshh. I am fearless.

Ha, me too. And yeah, probably not.

I like to think she laughs at this stuff. I mean, she kept the Jane mag issue on the coffee table and all. laugh.gif Hi, Mrs. K. I really do respect your son.
  • >.< And I haven't even posted in this thread, yet I feel dirty for viewing all of the rooster jokes. I felt my only form of reconciliation was posting my confession. It's the equate to sinning. I feel like a stalker enjoying the meat walk by cluelessly. =/

Yeah Mrs. Kulash. I respect your son TOO. And I ALSO... Nevermind. *blush blush*
  • Dear Mrs. Kulash,

Since everyone is jumping on the confession bandwagon, allow me to follow suit in the slight case you grace this board with your presence and curious eyes. I, too, respect your son, and I thank you for bringing him and his wonderful sister Trish into this world. Thank you for raising them to be so awesome, witty, and intelligent, which, I may gather, is very probable in your likeness. I hope you haven't been fully disconcerted by what I or any of my wonderful board friends have said. We are only, after all, being this way largely in part because of our admiration for your son, his talent, and his band. We don't hope to mean any harm at all.

Respectfully,
    Courtney
  • It's weird when I remember I'm older than him. Only two years, but still funny. I go back and forth from thinking dirty thoughts about him to thinking of him in a kid brother way. Weird biggrin.gif (And I didn't mean that to sound sick, either.)

It's also really weird when I remember Andy's six years younger than me. I think of him as younger than me, but I tend to forget how much.

A couple months or so ago I sort of mini-spazzed realizing that even Dan is younger than me. I had known that, somehow forgotten, and started thinking he was my age or a year older.

I mean, it's not like any of these age diffs are huge or that it matters at all anyway--I'm just talking about my perceptions of them, I guess. I guess no matter what age you are, when you get all into a band, you start "looking up" to them, and then when you get to the point where you're older than the bands you're into, it's weird. I'm at a transitional age now, where every new band/celebrity is younger than me. lol I remember hearing how young Brandon Flowers (just an example) is a couple years ago and being like, "?!?!" At least I've got Alex Kapranos. One year older. Yesss. Someone to make me feel young and not creepy biggrin.gif

QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Feb 3 2007, 01:35 AM)
    Aveno shampoo? Hm.... smile.gif

AveDA. But it probably just happened to be what was in the hotel they happened to be staying at at the time that person happened to ask him, anyway. lol
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 15 2007, 10:34 PM)
    It's weird when I remember I'm older than him. ... I go back and forth from thinking dirty thoughts about him to thinking of him in a kid brother way. Weird biggrin.gif (And I didn't mean that to sound sick, either.)... I'm at a transitional age now, where every new band/celebrity is younger than me.

Ha Ha! No, I'm not laughing at you. It's just that.... *cough* ... I am way older than anyone in OK Go. I may be the oldest person on this board. (sigh) So I sympathize with your dichotomy of the kid-brother-feeling vs. dirty -- er, I mean "admiring" --thoughts.

All I can say is: Keep enjoying OK Go and nevermind about age one way or another. For me, being a rock music fan never gets old. It actually keeps me young at heart. And so do the lovely guys who make the music. Puts a spring in my step. :cackle:

- Ye Olde Witch

(Don't worry, Mrs. K., I am a happily married mom of three!)
  • Heh, I knew other people on here would know what I meant. Welcome to the board, btw smile.gif

I know what you mean about it keeping you young. In many ways I feel like I'm still 14. And that's why it's jarring when you see the numbers. I thought the other day about how I'm going to turn 34 this year, and it's not that I see the thirties as really old--it's that I don't feel like I'm that number. I guess it's always gonna be that way from here on out. Or at least I hope so--I hope I don't start feeling like the real number! smile.gif

And the other way the numbers jar you is you see the year someone who is in their mid-twenties was born, and it's--1981! 1982! I mean, I remember 1981 and 1982! What the hell? lol (Or you see the birth year of someone on the board and it's in the 1990s, and you have a heart attack.)

But nah, the age stuff doesn't worry me--it's just one of those things. One of those new-thing-I-have-to-wrap-my-head-around things. Which isn't all that new anymore--I'm used to it. A few years ago, though, it really weirded me out, though, and I felt like a dirty old lady at the age of 28. "Heath Ledger was born when?"

QUOTE (Brunonianne @ Feb 15 2007, 09:44 PM)
    - Ye Olde Witch

biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 15 2007, 08:13 PM)
    One of those new-thing-I-have-to-wrap-my-head-around things. Which isn't all that new anymore--I'm used to it.
    biggrin.gif

- "Ye Olde Witch"

Hi! Another "ye olde witch" pokes her head out of the closet. We should have a secret coven meeting and reveal our real ages (ha ha! & how did the Damian spotting thread become the "ye olde witch" thread?)

In other news, and to keep this on the topic of OK Go (although no Damian was present, neither quaffing coffee nor mind-melding with roosters), I finally, FINALLY bought my ticket for the SF show today (I kept getting delayed till now) and the clerk's eyes get really wide and she goes "WOW!" and I say "what?" and she says "you just bought the Very - Last - Ticket."

So ancient, decrepit hag or no, the universe seems to keep working the angles for me, OK Go wise. smile.gif (or maybe I really AM a witch, eh?)
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 15 2007, 10:34 PM)
    It's also really weird when I remember Andy's six years younger than me. I think of him as younger than me, but I tend to forget how much.

And a strong YESSSSSSSSS from me, here. A mere two years older. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 15 2007, 08:13 PM)
    And the other way the numbers jar you is you see the year someone who is in their mid-twenties was born, and it's--1981! 1982! I mean, I remember 1981 and 1982! What the hell? lol (Or you see the birth year of someone on the board and it's in the 1990s, and you have a heart attack.)

But nah, the age stuff doesn't worry me--it's just one of those things. One of those new-thing-I-have-to-wrap-my-head-around things. Which isn't all that new anymore--I'm used to it. A few years ago, though, it really weirded me out, though, and I felt like a dirty old lady at the age of 28. "Heath Ledger was born when?"
    biggrin.gif

Hehe. I was born in 1981, and I feel old. I guess it's because these guys make you feel like a teeny bopper inside yet, you're not. There are those that are like 14 or so and I'm like, "I'm I that girl who is all obsessed with this band?". No, I'm not.... Somehow, I think OK Go is beyond age. Their music is so cleverly written and they are just AWESOME. Obsessed is such a strong word, I respect and love the music they make no matter how old they are or I am.

In high school, a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I was once "obsessed" with Bush. Oh Gavin, why'd you have to marry Gwen?!? But I got over that....quickly.

Ok back on track.... Damain in Starbucks?!? oh my gah. And oooh, how I'd wish to be that rooster. I have yet to try the double expresso over ice. Although I like coffee, I'm afraid.... wink.gif
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Feb 15 2007, 09:25 PM)
    .... Somehow, I think OK Go is beyond age. Their music is so cleverly written and they are just AWESOME. Obsessed is such a strong word, I respect and love the music they make no matter how old they are or I am.

In the movie industry, there is a term for certain types of movies that appeal to EVERYone. They are called "four quadrant movies" which are considered the ultimate accomplishment and something to be aspired to in the industry. (an example: Pirates of the Caribbean is a four quadrant movie)

From a marketing/corporate perspective, the music industry is different and there isn't the same kind of attempt to have a single musical group appeal to all ages -- the focus seems to be on finding or creating a niche and then developing that niche to its fullest.

In my opinion (and I don't want to sound too pretentious or portentious here, so let me put this in pink and frou'f it up a bit so it is light and airy):

cool.gif OK Go is a four quadrant band. blink.gif
  • Didn't you guys know? OKGO is clinically proven to transform all who hear them into raging, raving, and rampaging little girls smile.gif
  • Dear lord, you guys have it so good. The age difference between you guys and the band is nothing. Me and Damian? 17 years apart. Andy? 13 years apart. And forget about Tim; he's 16 years my senior. And there's Dan, who I just can't think about now, being 18 years older than me.

Sometimes I just hate being 14.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Feb 16 2007, 12:25 AM)
    .... Somehow, I think OK Go is beyond age. Their music is so cleverly written and they are just AWESOME.

Now that's what I'm talkin about! Beyond age: great way to put it.

My 14 yo son and his decrepit (ha ha) mom both get into OK Go. I think that's a good thing -- for us and, I hope, for the band.