In this Discussion

Topic: Appreciation

edited November -1 in OK Go
I just got done watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants so I am very emotional right now and hugging everything in sight. I just wanted to create a topic where the fans can give thanks to not only the boys for traveling non-stop, but as well as to their road crew, family, merch crew, online crew, etc. etc. All of these people that play a great part in allowing us to get our OK Go addiction fed. So if you feel compelled to give a warm hearted comment of thanks, feel free to do it here. I will start…

I am thankful for OK Go and their road crew for traveling non-stop to put on amazing shows for us fans. I am also thankful for their families for letting us borrow them, as well as all of the people behind their web sites and merchandise sales. You guys are all awesome! Sorry, this movie really messed up my emotions, that and stress from finals.

Comments

• Haha. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants! I cried during that movie. I saw with a bunch of friends and we all cried at some point, but one of my friends was crying throughout the entire movie. It was funny.

Anyway, I am thankful for Mike Kent because he is so awesome. He's usually the one that has to put up with me complaining about their age restricted shows and he always tries to help me with that. He let me and my sister be merch girls so we wouldn't get kicked out. He's probably my favorite OK Go related person that's not in OK Go. Oh wait, I take that back. J orge is probably my favorite OK Go related person that's not in OK Go because he's Mr. J0rge, Whom I Adore, but Mike is definitely second.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just remembered part of my dream where OK Go was playing a show in San Francisco, but it was at a bar, so I couldn't go and I was trying to think of ways to sneak in. I woke up before anything else happened. Darn.
  • everyone involved with the okgo exp is all kinds of amazing
  • This is a great, great topic. Everything you said, Angela. Thank you to the band, the significant others, the families and friends, the road crew, Mike Kent, Jeff "Tuckey," J orge, Pete, Milosh, and everyone else. You are all incredible.

A special thanks from me to Pete.

All of you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • Yes, thanks to everyone who makes these concerts possible. And to you techies in the orange jump suits who were able to fix Andy's keyboard and make my show possible. Great work guys! And to the people at the sales counter for being so quick with the distribution so that I could still contribute, get a wonderful shirt (Andy's shoe. I LOVE it. And lots of people liked it the next day at school. Some even saw that it said "OK Go" and replied "Oh, I love those guys!" But aparently they didn't go to the concert. How evil!), and get back to my front and center place before other people got in. Yes, thanks very much to the families of these wonderful men for letting us drool and obsess over them and keep them on the road. Thanks to the boys themselves for writing such amazing music and lemme say, you've got the best personalities! I swear, I've never met/seen anyone cooler than The Kulash, no one cuter than Andy, no one sweeter than Dan, and no one with such great overall greatness as Tim. Thank you Trish for coming up with such wonderful ideas- and for actually willing to help out your younger brother. Thanks to the record company for helping out our boys. Thank you to the bus drivers. Without you, how would all these amazing people get to each of us?
    And thank you to all that I've missed. You all rock!!
  • Haha. I love Sisterhood, so much.
    I am thankful for anyone involved with OK Go and all the time and effort they put into it, because it is so much our lives to just hear them talk or sing or anything. I'm thankful to J orge for always blogging because I llove the blog.
  • Man I thought there would be a lot more posting going on in here! I guess I just have to keep this up by saying thank you to everyone, so thank you!
  • Maybe our appreciation is too great to be put into words and therefore cannot be posted.
  • That is true, in that case they should post more than words. Oh no, that song is now stuck in my head. Ah, what to do. Ha, I just referenced two OK Go things...sorry I am very tired and distracted from my essay I am writing.
  • We need to post more in thread! It's always nice to be appreciated and we all know that OK Go and their crew need appreciation. They're always on the go and working so hard, so thank you!
  • Yeah, it hurts my heart whenever I see them really tired in real life... I just want to hold their heads on my lap and let them sleep. Sigh.
  • Revving this up again--

Thank you to everyone in OK Go World!

Sheri smile.gif
  • thaaaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuu!!! biggrin.gif

i'm gonna see the boys live for the first time in a couple of weeks (w/snow patrol), so i'm sure i'll have a bigger and better thank you afterwards!
  • I concur with everything already said

But also thanks to anyone who has ever fed the addiction by sending me ok go related stuff, so that includes my best friend and many of you on here (ihave7stars comes to mind!)...

Thanks to the swedish people who helped ok go record Oh No and everyone else who has ever made ok go success become a reality. Thanks to treadmill manufacturers, Damian's back yard, whoever invented Ping Pong and paisley wallpaper.

Thanks to camera manufacturers and the internet who enable me to see ok go every single day from the ccomfort of my living room smile.gif
  • Thanks to everyone mentioned in here already, and also thanks to all of the OK Go fans, thanks to whoever let me in at Lupo's for the soundcheck, and thanks to JC Penny for having "Do What You Want" on their commercial (that commercial was the first time I ever heard of OK Go)!!
    Thanks to everyone!
  • thank you, tim, damian, dan, andy (and andrew:}) for being my favorite band ever since you played.

i wish you to never get bored of what you do, and to have nothing but fun while touring and making records.

and i wish that these years on stage will be the best years of your lives.

i hope you can feel all the good energy from your fans and that it will keep you going for a long time.

thank you:}
  • Dear OK Go,
    Thank you for being so gracious and kind and accessible to your fans. We love you!

--- JULIA
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Feb 22 2007, 08:49 PM)
    Dear OK Go,
    Thank you for being so gracious and kind and accessible to your fans. We love you!

--- JULIA

I second that!
  • Dear OK Go,

You light up my life.

Peace out,
    Courtney
  • Dear OK Go,

you are basically more awesome than awesome itself!

you guys are extremely, insane, intense, crazy people and we all love you for that!

Rock On,
    porifera
  • Dear OK Go,
    I don't think words can describe how much I enjoy your music, dances, videos, and everything you guys do, so all I can say is thank you all for everything (that also goes to anyone who does something OK Go related)!!
    Love Always,
    Christine