In this Discussion

And all this time, I thought Dan was the shy one

Comments

• OK Go receives the rating NC17 laugh.gif

Wow, Dan was really "breakin' it down"; he was on the verge of poplocking in one part, I swear XD I can't help but admire Andy's mad hula dance moves. Dreamy. Hah.
  • I just rewatched the video of them doing it at London Astoria (Sept 28th) which is the gig I went to, and he does it there too. How did I not notice?! *smacks forhead* dry.gif
  • Lol! Wow that was hillarious. Oh that Dan. I love how someone at the beginning screams "I love you Tom!" Yeah, Tom and Jerry was a great cartoon.
  • I saw this thread before but never commented that I had never noticed that Dan does that in the year I'd been watching this dance either. lol Like T. Dog mentioned about herself at this show, I tend to follow Damian during the dance.
    I wonder if he even did it at the mall show in July! laugh.gif

But onto the real reason I'm in here:
    QUOTE (Angela87 @ Dec 13 2006, 07:23 PM)
    That's what I look forward to when I watch it. I think they did another move that I like to call the Dick Cheney, where one of them shoots the other with an imaginary gun. Ah, the creativity. Has anyone else seen other moves?

They did that in Milwaukee biggrin.gif I wonder if they've done it elsewhere. They did a baseball thing the second night in Chicago in November.

I don't know if other people have realized this (I'm slow), but they relate that move to the place they're in (Chicago--baseball; Wisconsin--hunting; Paris--bullfighting--hey, related to country next door anyway). I had suspected this for a little while (just hadn't investigated it further yet), but it was confirmed for me at the Sennheiser show in January, because the variation that time was a goofy little thing with a wireless mic. And they came up with it last-minute, because when they do the elbow on knee thing facing each other, I clearly saw Damian say to Andy, "A mic." Or "The mic." Or something involving "mic." Kind of in a questioning/suggestion way, from what I remember. And I wondered what that was about and sort of thought to myself, "Hm, could that have anything to do with how they're going to change it this time?" I had no good reason to think that's what they were talking about, so I still think it's funny that that occurred to me. Then sure enough, when they got to that part, Andy goes sprinting all the way to the side of the stage (right side, Andy's side), grabs one of the mics, runs back (he's quick!), and hands it to Dan, and Dan just does this swishing-it-around motion with it, facing front. Kind of a I-have-no-idea-what-to-do-with-this-now move. HILARIOUS.

The dumbest thing about all this is that even though I had just recently been thinking about this theory, when I saw Damian say "mic" and saw the move, I still didn't realize this fit the theory. Didn't make the connection. "Why did they just mess around with a mic?" I wondered ignorantly to myself. Then the next morning, talking to Nida about the grand theory, it dawned on me (us? Am I taking amnesia-induced credit, Nida?). Sennheiser wireless mics!

DUH.

I also find it hilarious that they came up with that *in the middle* of the dance. I wonder how last-minute they come up with the others.
  • Ooooo I'm gonna have to look into that!
    I didn't notice anything at KoKo
    I'll find videos and see what their England speciality is..

Also - Dan's sweetness is obviously a front. He is no more innocent than Damian.
    Awwww that somehow makes him cuter!!!
  • oh my god o_O

never noticed that.

i wonder if there were any kids on the ok go dances with youtube, who did this:}

if so, they should have won.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 22 2007, 12:34 PM)
    They did that in Milwaukee biggrin.gif I wonder if they've done it elsewhere. They did a baseball thing the second night in Chicago in November.

I don't know if other people have realized this (I'm slow), but they relate that move to the place they're in (Chicago--baseball; Wisconsin--hunting; Paris--bullfighting--hey, related to country next door anyway). I had suspected this for a little while (just hadn't investigated it further yet), but it was confirmed for me at the Sennheiser show in January, because the variation that time was a goofy little thing with a wireless mic. And they came up with it last-minute, because when they do the elbow on knee thing facing each other, I clearly saw Damian say to Andy, "A mic." Or "The mic." Or something involving "mic." Kind of in a questioning/suggestion way, from what I remember. And I wondered what that was about and sort of thought to myself, "Hm, could that have anything to do with how they're going to change it this time?" I had no good reason to think that's what they were talking about, so I still think it's funny that that occurred to me. Then sure enough, when they got to that part, Andy goes sprinting all the way to the side of the stage (right side, Andy's side), grabs one of the mics, runs back (he's quick!), and hands it to Dan, and Dan just does this swishing-it-around motion with it, facing front. Kind of a I-have-no-idea-what-to-do-with-this-now move. HILARIOUS.

The dumbest thing about all this is that even though I had just recently been thinking about this theory, when I saw Damian say "mic" and saw the move, I still didn't realize this fit the theory. Didn't make the connection. "Why did they just mess around with a mic?" I wondered ignorantly to myself. Then the next morning, talking to Nida about the grand theory, it dawned on me (us? Am I taking amnesia-induced credit, Nida?). Sennheiser wireless mics!

DUH.

I also find it hilarious that they came up with that *in the middle* of the dance. I wonder how last-minute they come up with the others.

does anyone know what they did at the new york show? here is a video of it at irving plaza but i can't tell what they're doing. maybe one of you guys know...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CUL7cfeL4zE
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 22 2007, 12:34 PM)
    I saw this thread before but never commented that I had never noticed that Dan does that in the year I'd been watching this dance either. lol Like T. Dog mentioned about herself at this show, I tend to follow Damian during the dance.
    I wonder if he even did it at the mall show in July! laugh.gif

DUH.

Wow, you are brilliant! I never made the connection like that! That makes a lot of sense though. They always seem to be talking when they get near eachother. At Lupos in Providence, RI it looked like Dan was driving a car and Andy was dribbling a basket ball. Any ideas as to how that conencts?

QUOTE (awesome11 @ Feb 22 2007, 01:47 PM)
    does anyone know what they did at the new york show? here is a video of it at irving plaza but i can't tell what they're doing. maybe one of you guys know...

I have no idea. It looks like Andy kicks something like a ball, or possibly playing hackysack...?
  • The last one I saw them do was The Dick Cheney, too.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 22 2007, 03:52 PM)
    I have no idea. It looks like Andy kicks something like a ball, or possibly playing hackysack...?

thats kinda what i thought, but i still have no idea. any other thoughts?

• ahh, about Dan and all the rest...they did that in Germany, too! I've seen them in Bielefeld and Bremen and Dan did it in both shows, Andy did the machine gun, and they definitely did some very interesting moves... Damian didn't lift his shirt sadly, but it was still great to see AMW live. I was too lazy and tired to upload most of my pics and clips yet, but let me show you this:

ever seen Dan "doing the Damian" on AMW? haha laugh.gif (I mean lifting the shirt... in a way biggrin.gif )
  • LOL -- I am so glad someone bumped this thread up. I'd never noticed that and wish I had been forewarned before I saw them live so I could watch for it!

Naughty boy. And we love it.
  • So yesterday I was bored (i.e. didn't feel like doing hw) and watched a bunch of different live versions of the AMW dance. This one is the most entertaining one I've seen thus far:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWmb3WQGXY

Reasons why:
    1. Andy (he's wearing a bowtie!) does this little dance at the beginning.
    2. Dan hits the cymbals at around the 1:18 mark.
    3. Damian gets a little carried away while leaning right and stumbles at bit at the 1:49 mark.
    4. Andy and Dan do the lasso-ing the bull routine in this one, but instead of lasso-ing Dan the Bull, Andy like stabs him.
    5. Very nice view of Dan's crotch grab move at the end. laugh.gif (It seems that Damian failed to untuck his shirt.)
  • I love you, oknat. wub.gif That's the best one I've seen so far...

Dan..my goodness, what a saucy man you are.
  • Oh Dan. Oh my.
  • I caught both Dan do his special moves and Damian lifting his shirt in one shot!

• Best. Photo. Ever.

ohmigosh.
  • Ahahaha, look at Dan's face.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 22 2007, 08:05 PM)
    Ahahaha, look at Dan's face.

That's true concentration right there. tongue.gif
  • As Andy would say, "He's so READY!"