In this Discussion

okgocentral.com

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 26 2007, 07:13 PM)
    So, I'm going to interview Trish for okgocentral. biggrin.gif I'm looking for questions. What would you like to ask Trish Sie?

Send questions to me at sheri@okgocentral.com. If you post them here, she's liable to come on here and answer them and the enterprise will be pointless. laugh.gif

Lame, I know. Whatever, send me questions by next Wednesday (March 7). I'm going to select a bunch, add some of my own, and send them off to her.

Thanks!

ohmy.gif Awesome!

QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Feb 27 2007, 07:59 AM)
    Sheri, honestly, six years is nothing! You have to operate under the principal of "Half Plus Seven". Take your age, divide it in half and then add seven years - this is the youngest person you can be attracted to and not feel guilty. tongue.gif Don't you feel better now?

I had never heard such wise words. I'll make sure to live by them!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 26 2007, 09:17 PM)
    Sherry, as soon as I turned 18, do you know how many older men started acting interested in me? It's only gotten worse as I've gone thru my twenties. There's no reason for you to feel dirty, seeing as men have no shame about the subject. Women are so wonderful because we feel guilty for these things.

QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Feb 27 2007, 09:59 AM)
    Sheri, honestly, six years is nothing! You have to operate under the principal of "Half Plus Seven". Take your age, divide it in half and then add seven years - this is the youngest person you can be attracted to and not feel guilty. tongue.gif Don't you feel better now?

You people take me too seriously. I said "dirty," not "guilty."
    HA! wink.gif laugh.gif
    I only feel weird when I suddenly think of things in those school-age terms. I don't know why that sort of thing pops into my head. lol
    It's pretty funny at times. Like, I'll think of Damian's age and remember how young and gawky the freshman boys looked when I was a senior and giggle. A lot.

Thanks, mundum & Christine. Hee, it was fun.

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 26 2007, 09:17 PM)
    And btw, you look darling in that pic. wink.gif

Thanks, Rose wink.gif

Thanks, Christine & Lety about the interview! Trish is so damn nice. smile.gif
  • I love how polite OK Go fans seem to be. You just thanked me for the littlest things :]. I love when people do that.
    Oh and you're welcome.
    Now to think of some questions for Trish...
    Can they be questions about absolutely anything?
  • Sure--I mean, it's up to Trish whether she answers them, but sure. And remember, since it's for an OK Go fan site, I'm sure she'll be fine with the questions being OK Go-centric. I would think she expects that sort of thing and won't be like, "Ask me about Snark-a-Snoops!!" if you want to know about the making of one of the videos, or what she did to terrorize Damian as a child or vice-versa. laugh.gif
  • Yay! I think I might have a few then :]
    I have to ask you Sheri, do you say your user name as "sherib" or "sheri bee"? I always read it both ways, and I just have to know.
  • It's Sheri B. When I originally registered, I didn't plan on posting except to ask, like, one question, so I didn't bother coming up with anything original whatsoever. Somehow in June I started posting and became a bona fide boardie. I remember thinking, "How did I let this happen???" lol I knew I'd get addicted ...

Anyway ... biggrin.gif

Now I wish I had registered back in November when I *first* became a fan, so I'd have more cred, be an '05-er instead of an '06-er biggrin.gif What am I talking about--I don't care about that crap and don't like people who do ...

See what you've done to me, board???
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 27 2007, 07:41 PM)
    Now I wish I had registered back in November when I *first* became a fan, so I'd have more cred, be an '05-er instead of an '06-er biggrin.gif What am I talking about--I don't care about that crap and don't like people who do ...

I wish I knew about OK Go sooner. I always think that other fans must think that I'm not as big of a fan because I haven't been a fan for that long.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 27 2007, 04:58 PM)
    I wish I knew about OK Go sooner. I always think that other fans must think that I'm not as big of a fan because I haven't been a fan for that long.

That's exactly how I feel sometimes. But don't let it get you down. The important thing is that we're here now and truly devoted to them wub.gif
    Most importantly, we don't see them as the "dancing band" or the guys from the "treadmill video". We truly are fans of their music, that's what counts! wink.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 27 2007, 08:11 PM)
    That's exactly how I feel sometimes. But don't let it get you down. The important thing is that we're here now and truly devoted to them wub.gif
    Most importantly, we don't see them as the "dancing band" or the guys from the "treadmill video". We truly are fans of their music, that's what counts! wink.gif

Aww thanks.
    Personally, I think that if someone found out about OK Go through HIGA, then they could still become a "true fan"
    I found out about them through that JC Penny's commercial. Even though I think that, I still wish I knew of the sooner.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 27 2007, 06:08 PM)
    I only feel weird when I suddenly think of things in those school-age terms. I don't know why that sort of thing pops into my head. lol
    It's pretty funny at times. Like, I'll think of Damian's age and remember how young and gawky the freshman boys looked when I was a senior and giggle. A lot.

Lucky Sheri. At least you won't be accused of "dating" someone old enough to be your father (albeit a very young father).

And freshman boys are getting less gawky every year I think. They're not bad at all, actually.
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Feb 27 2007, 10:59 AM)
    Hahahaha! That's a great rule! I've never heard of that before. So I'm safe, then! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sheri, I definitely plan on sending you some good questions for Trish! That's awesome! I want to meet her, or at least write her a really nice note.

QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 27 2007, 07:58 PM)

QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 27 2007, 08:11 PM)
    This comforts me, too. Thanks! My devotion cannot be measured in days!

Hey, and speaking of board longevity, what I want to know is, how the hell does anyone get 1000 posts in two months??? I've been here since November, and I just cleared 100! Jeez!

(And don't give me the obvious answer that I could have made this 4 posts instead of 1. I like the succinctness of this style. I picked it up from sheri.)
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 27 2007, 05:15 PM)
    Aww thanks.
    Personally, I think that if someone found out about OK Go through HIGA, then they could still become a "true fan"
    I found out about them through that JC Penny's commercial. Even though I think that, I still wish I knew of the sooner.

QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Feb 27 2007, 06:57 PM)
    This comforts me, too. Thanks! My devotion cannot be measured in days!

biggrin.gif You're Welcome! Anything to feel a fellow fan feel better.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 27 2007, 07:41 PM)

I'm so with you on that though. I sort of wish I'd registered back when I started being a fan back in '03. Then I could feel all sorts of old school. And we all know how much I like old school (who's house?). biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 28 2007, 01:15 AM)
    Aww thanks.

Yea I found out about them in October of '05, when they talked about the Million Ways vid. on Best Week Ever, but because I could never find their CD in stores I didn't get in to them until RIGHT before the HIGA vid. came out. (literaly like a week before it hit big!)
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Feb 27 2007, 11:27 PM)
    Yea I found out about them in October of '05, when they talked about the Million Ways vid. on Best Week Ever, but because I could never find their CD in stores I didn't get in to them until RIGHT before the HIGA vid. came out. (literaly like a week before it hit big!)

I think I found out about OK Go after HIGA, because shortly after I found out who was in the commercial they were on the VMA's. That was the first time I heard about the treadmills.
  • That's how I feel sometimes!!!
    I think I must somehow be cut off from a lot of the media, because I found out about OK Go after HIGA, but I hadn't heard of AMW or any of their other singles... And even when I heard Get Over It, it still took me at least a fortnight to see the videos coz I insisted on getting the albums in the right order... Oh im weird.

I feel like i might be perceived as less of a fan coz i got into them late, even though I know it's silly and im ridiculously obsessed dedicated anyway.
  • At least I'm not the only one.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Feb 27 2007, 08:57 PM)
    That's awesome! I want to meet her, or at least write her a really nice note.

Well, the interview's through email, just in case anyone thinks this is in person ...

Hey, and speaking of board longevity, what I want to know is, how the hell does anyone get 1000 posts in two months???
    Who did that??

QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 27 2007, 10:25 PM)
    I sort of wish I'd registered back when I started being a fan back in '03. Then I could feel all sorts of old school.

Well, you would have had to re-register at the end of '04 anyway wink.gif That's when the old board was replaced with this one. Just mentioning that in case anyone new here thinks no one here was a fan before '04. There are some serious old-schoolers.

Speaking of the board, Damian posted on here (under "okgoadmin" or something like that) in the summer of '05 a bunch of times in a thread about the "Oh No" lyrics. Pretty cool smile.gif (I'm too lazy to search for the thread, but I think it was bumped sometime in the past couple months.)

And back to wanting to be old-school, have I mentioned (yes, I know I have) that the friend who got me into the band (who isn't obsessed like me, but is a fan) saw them in 2001 when they were opening for TMBG????? T-shirts & jeans, they did "Women & Men," and Damian had a bandana on headband-style, keeping his hair back, and apparently was a serious cutie that night. (Yeah, when isn't he.) Gah!

I brought it up to Dan while we were talking to him in Milwaukee, and he got all excited and said to her, "Back when we were quirky!" XD
  • [double post]
  • [uh, triple-post]