In this Discussion

Kidz Bop

edited November -1 in OK Go
I was really really really leniant (sp?) to post this because it makes me pissed. But it's also funny.
This is probably really sad that I know this, but the new Kids Bop 11 has a 'cover' if you could call it that, of HIGA only it's called Here It Goes. Just thought I'd mention since it's OK Go related, but not necessarily worth anyone's time.

Comments

• Dear God, my life is coming apart. dry.gif
  • I just listend to it on itunes and DEAR GOD! Never has an OK Go song sounded SO awful. And they changed the lyrics to make it "child friendly" that makes me mad. Oh, well..... dry.gif
  • So sad, but so, so funny.

Congratulations, Universe. You win.
  • 0_o

What did they change the words to?
  • ah, the inevitable.
  • If a song isn't suitable for children I think they should just leave it alone and make a song intended for kids.
  • O MAN

what has happened to this world. i mean kidz bop, KIDZ BOP?!?!

they don't even have the right to reproduce such an awesome song like this

ya i hate kidz bop so boo
  • Oh good god. This I have to hear. Anyone have a download link...? I don't have any iTunes credits right now and I'm not entirely sure the thing is worth a dollar/a trip to the store to get a card...

p.s. Check out the track listing:

Disc 1
    01 Walk Away | Kidz Bop Kids
    02 My Love | Kidz Bop Kids
    03 Crazy | Kidz Bop Kids
    04 Over My Head (Cable Car) | Kidz Bop Kids
    05 Too Little Too Late | Kidz Bop Kids
    06 Far Away | Kidz Bop Kids
    07 Black Horse & The Cherry Tree | Kidz Bop Kids
    08 Chasing Cars | Kidz Bop Kids
    09 Hanging On | Kidz Bop Kids
    10 Irreplaceable | Kidz Bop Kids
    11 What Hurts The Most | Kidz Bop Kids
    12 A Public Affair | Kidz Bop Kids
    13 Waiting On The World To Change | Kidz Bop Kids
    14 Come Back To Me | Kidz Bop Kids
    15 It Ends Tonight | Kidz Bop Kids
    16 Put Your Records On | Kidz Bop Kids
    17 Lips Of An Angel | Kidz Bop Kids
    18 Rush | Kidz Bop Kids
    19 Chicken Noodle Soup (Bonus Track) | Kidz Bop Kids

Not that it's really that ironic at all... I just think it's funny... I'm easy amused, okay?!?
  • I just threw up in my mouth a little, that was horrible "it starts out easy something simple something easy"? That dosent even make sense....
  • ohmy.gif

some ones gonna get punched
  • Unless you guys all secretly collect Kidz Bop albums, I really don't see why this is a big deal. It's happened to almost every band ever and it's not like the band had anything to do with it besides their label licensing the song.
  • I am speechless and I just died a little inside of me and i think my head is going to explode......kidz should not fing bop or SING
  • HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! THEY DID A COVER OF CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP!!!!
    I'm sorry, that's just hilarious.
    I never understood the point of those Kidz Bop CD's. Why would anyone want to buy a version of a song sung by kids instead of the actual song?
  • Kidz Bop is so bogus. It's so bogus I actually used the word bogus. If you're going to do a cover, at least 1) do it some justice, 2) don't make kids sing it unless they're like som super gifted musical genius, and 3) make sure you get the title right.

Overall, I'm not a fan of hearing kiddies sing any song. One kiddy is pushing it already. Ifthey want to make it kid-friendly, they could edit out some parts or use my good old friend The Bleep.

And it's not like the kids would understand intensely figurative adult language. And I as a kid listened to unedited songs all the time, albeit not the super dirty ones, and I turned out just fine. Just teach your kids what's wrong and you'll be fine. Of course, you probably shouldn't take a 14-year-old's advice either. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Feb 28 2007, 04:10 PM)
    If a song isn't suitable for children I think they should just leave it alone and make a song intended for kids.

i completely agree. i always wondered why they took songs that weren't suitable for kids and change the lyrics all around so it is suitable and then the song makes no sense. blink.gif

i just got done listening to that...o my.. quite funny, i must say. laugh.gif
  • oooh, this is for kids? LOOOOL, I thought it was some random band that was doing a cover!!
    hahaha, I'm so stupid.
  • QUOTE (Falknerd @ Feb 28 2007, 08:58 PM)
    I just threw up in my mouth a little, that was horrible "it starts out easy something simple something easy"? That dosent even make sense....

Hahaha!
    laugh.gif
    I just listened to the sample on ITunes and it was....hilarious! I hope the guys are making lots of money from this!
  • Oh god...
    I've always hated the kids version of ANY SONG.

Much less Here it Goes Again...

-Kills Self-
  • I am so against turning good songs into lame kiddie songs. I've felt this way ever since I was a kid and they'd take good 60s songs and use them to sell stupid kid's products. dry.gif

There's a kid's dental clinic I worked at last semester for 2 day. They always have good classic rock playing. I brought both Ok Go albums, forgetting the almighty f-word and scumbag are mentioned. No one noticed. Twas amusing.