In this Discussion

OK Go in S.F. March 1st

edited November -1 in OK Go
I finally got around to writing down my experience at the show!
Warning: the following is written as a long journal entry. If you do not wish to proceed, please take the nearest exit.

Thursday March 1st

Dear World,

Today I woke up and realized that I would be rockin’ out to OK Go. I got up and got ready for school. I couldn’t concentrate in class, so I have no idea what to expect on my next exam. I got home around 11am and got ready for our road trip. My sister Lucia, cousin Gaby, and aunt Isabel would be coming along with me on the 2 hour drive to San Francisco. I told Lucia to hurry up and get ready for the best night of her life, for some reason she didn’t believe me. I don’t even know why she came along with us, she doesn’t like OK Go, she doesn’t hate OK Go, I guess she’s just indifferent to them. She complained that we were leaving too early and that nobody was going to be there. So after I sent her to hell, I went back to my room and finished getting ready. We would be leaving at 2:30 from my house. From there we were gonna pump gas, pick-up Isabel from her house, and then head to the high school were we would pick-up Gaby at exactly 3 o’clock. Everything was going smoothly (except for the annoying sister), and as soon as we headed down the street, I realized I had forgotten my camera (I was gonna sneak it into the venue cuz they weren’t allowing any cameras in). I made a u-turn and asked Lucia to get off and get it. “Remember to get the battery” I told her, “I left it charging”. She refused to get off telling me to just go and get it myself. Now, my sister is your average 20 year old. A desperately annoying, emo-wannabe. She uses the word “like” too often and has recently discovered her new favorite word: “Lame-o!”. She sounds even more annoying when she starts speaking in Spanish. So back to my story, here is a little play by play of what happened:
Me: go get the camera.
Lucia: Why don’t you go get it?
Me: just go get it.
Lucia: no you go get it.
Me: OMG! Just go get it; it’ll be faster if you go.
Lucia: Just park in the drive way, and go get it.
Me: OMG! Everyone knows the general rule. When there are two or more people in a car, and they are in a hurry, the passenger gets off!
Lucia: (getting off the car) Argh!
Me: Remember to get the battery!
Ok, that sounds like it went on for a long time, but we were talking so fast that the entire conversation took about 15 seconds.

When we were about to arrive at Isabel’s house, I ask Lucia “you got the battery, right?” “Umm, I guess?” She responds. I scream at her “there’s no ‘I guess’ there’s only do!”.
So basically she didn’t get the battery. By now I was frustrated with her and decided to block her out and not let her ruin the rest of my day.

So we got to San Fran at about 5:00, and since there were only about 50 people in line, we decided to go get a bite to eat before we lined up. When we got back, around 6:00, the line had grown. Only it wasn’t a line anymore, it was just a huge group of people waiting to get in. I started to see that many people were carrying their cameras and taking pictures. That’s when I started to feel like crying. I could’ve totally brought my camera, why did they tell me they weren’t allowed! Argh! It didn’t matter anyways, I was gonna have a great time! Some guy came by giving away round stickers with the OK Go logo on them, that made me feel better. So they finally opened the doors at around 7ish. They didn’t even pat us down, the lady just kinda touched my pocket and let me in. I think I actually shed a tear just thinking my camera would have made it in. We all ran to the closest spot, which in our case was about the third row in front of what would be Andy’s spot, although the barricade was about 10 feet from the stage. For some reason, they made us sit on the floor before the show started (I really don’t like sitting on the floor). I went with Gaby to the merchandise table while Lucia and Isabel saved out spots. When we got to the merch table we saw that there wasn’t many OK Go merch to choose from. Ok, so there was practically nothing. They only had the brown hoodie with the gold logo, but that was $50! (BTW, I just ordered one for me and one for Gaby from the OK Go store; $30 each!) They also had a $10 pack that included a gold pin, two logo stickers, and two wristbands. We each bought a pack and headed back to the floor. We sat there for about 40 minutes? Silversun Pickups started their set at around 7:50. They. Were. Awesome. I had only heard one of their songs before, and that’s only because I wanted to get an idea of what they were gonna sound like. The girl that played bass was as cute as a button and the singer was awesome and funny. He mentioned how they had been having wrestling matches on this tour and that so far Snow patrol was in 1st place cuz they were Irish. OK Go was 2nd, the crew was 3rd, and they were last! I really liked their music, even though I couldn’t understand a single word they were singing!

So finally at about 8:40 OK Go came out! They started with the house wins and Andy looked so charming just hitting that note. My sister looked at me and asked “Why is he so mad?” Andy wasn’t mad of course, he was just in the moment. He looked so gorgeous, licking, smacking, and biting his lips as I had seen him do in so many videos and pictures! Seriously, I envy those who have met him! I was glad to see him in a light colored suit as opposed to the dark ones he normally uses. People were starting to push and shove but we wouldn’t let them go by us. I had to make eye contact with the girl next to me, letting her know that we had each other’s back and wouldn’t let anyone shove themselves in front of us. If you’re out there, thanks and good job, pat yourself on your back! Next it was Television, Television. I was singing/screaming like there was no tomorrow. Damian mentioned that he had woken up that morning and realized he couldn’t talk. He had to drink some of his special juice and was feeling better. He asked if anyone knew what kind of steroids Barry (baseball player?) used and I guess some girl answered him. He responded by saying something like, “You know what kind of steroids he used? Just so you guys know, this is like a 16 year old girl”. Lucky girl.

By this time there was this girl behind me who was pushing me, I didn’t like her very much but decided to ignore her and enjoy the show. They played ‘A Good Idea at the Time’ and ‘No Sign of Life’. When they started ‘Get Over It’, the girl who had been pushing me started to sing along. I think she was doing this on purpose so I would like her. Let me tell you, it worked. Since no one else around me was singing, it was nice to know I wasn’t alone. I think after this they played ‘Oh No’ and Damian asked the audience: “Hold up anything in your pocket that lights up. I don’t want any penis jokes right now”. He asked us to hold up our phones, pagers, or mini laptops when they got to the 2nd verse, he of course would let us now when that was. When the second verse came along, he whispered into the mic “this is the second verse”. Andy motioned to us to lift them up high, I looked back and everything looked too beautiful. Everyone had their phone up in the air; I can’t imagine what it must look like from the stage point of view. It was during this song that I heard the most horrendous scream behind me. Seriously. It was loud. I turned to see my aunt rubbing her head. I got scared for a moment and asked what had happened. I couldn’t really understand her but I thought someone had thrown something at her and hit her in the head. She kept telling me that it had hit her head. I was like WTF?! Oh no you did’ NT! So she was like “NO NO NO! Andy threw his pick and it hit my head, but I wasn’t expecting it so I got scared”. That’s when I started to look for the pick on the floor but it was so crowded that it was impossible. I got mad at Isabel for not catching it and even madder at myself for not realizing Andy had thrown his pick in the middle of OLISQ. The one minute I take my eyes off of him, he decided to almost kill Isabel with his “I’ve been in Andy’s mouth” pick! Argh!

They followed that up with ‘Invincible’, it was loud and awesome. And then HIGA started. Something came over me and I started to jump. I didn’t know I could jump that high! The girl who had been pushing me was now jumping along with me, we were as one. So I was jumping and singing and holding on to my sister in fear that I would hit the girl in front of me. But I didn’t, so I kept jumping some more and the pushing girl kept jumping too. I guess Damian was really tired because he didn’t even know when the new DWYW video came out. He said something along the lines of: “the video for this next song came out this week”. The song started and those pretty pink flying things were doing what they do best- flying all over the place in their pretty pink colors. I jumped like there was no tomorrow, like someone said “jump or I’ll shoot you” I of course, had to obey. I really liked the pushing girl by now; we were both jumping and screaming and singing. The song came to an end and OK Go left the stage, I died a little inside. I wanted to meet the pushing girl and hopefully swap emails so she could send me some of the pictures she had been taking. I didn’t want to interrupt the conversation she was having with her friends, so I watied. My sister was anxious to leave, mainly because we had all decided we would leave right after OK Go was done. It was about 9:15 and we still had a 2 hour drive ahead of us. My sister had two exams the next day, and Gaby was just a teenager who had to go to high school the next day. Besides her parents never let her out anywhere, so this was her first concert and I was happy I had taken her to see OK Go! By the time I looked around, I could no longer see pushing girl. If pushing girl is reading this, hook a girl up! And feel free to give your name as well. We tried desperately to get out but everyone was so crowded that we thought it impossible. I’m glad we made it out- thanks to the lady in the red jacket who kept screaming at anyone who pushed her. She was very helpful to us! Way to stand your ground lady, although I probably wouldn’t have liked you very much if it was me you were screaming at.

On our way out we got a free Silversun Pickups poster, and we headed for the car, not before taking one last look at the tour buses in hope at catching a glimpse at one of the guys. Now if anyone out there ever finds themselves in a car with my sister and she is holding the directions, push her out of the moving vehicle. She was not very helpful; she got mad that we were going the wrong way instead of helping me to find the way back. She’s good at reading street signs though, I’ll give her that! Anyways, our 2hr drive turned into about a 2 ½ hr drive because we ended up taking the long way home, but at least we got home!

I was a little bummed we didn’t meet any of the guys. I guess we should’ve stuck around till after the show. I also found out my phone doesn’t take very good pictures! All in all it was a great experience, Thanks OK Go!

So that was my day, dear world, I hope I didn’t bore you with all the non-OK GO related details. If you made it this far I congratulate you. Next time I see you, I’ll make sure to stick a golden star on your forehead for perseverance!

Lety

P.S.
Some little tidbits about the show:
-Dan was always in the dark so it was hard to see him
-I only caught glimpses of Tim because some tall girl was in the way.
-I love Andy even more.
-Andy was having so much fun on stage- sliding, jumping, and rockin’ out.
-Damian was so incredibly sexy that I was afraid for his safety in fear of what I would do to him.
-Dan helped set up his drums
-Tim was just so awesome
-They didn’t do a cover, Don’t Ask Me, or YSDH!
-Andy looked directly at me when I was jumping during HIGA. I think it was because I was the only one jumping in that little section. OK, so pushing girl was also jumping, but I love Andy more.
-Damian smiled his little smile so many times…
-I love Andy even more!

Set List:
The House Wins
TV TV
Good Idea
No Sign
GOI
Oh No
Invincible
HIGA
DWYW

Comments

• Yay! Golden star for me. Aww. No pics, but I'm sure the memories will last a lifetime. So were most of the people there for Snow Patrol then since you and pushing girl were the only ones singing and jumping?

My show is tomorrow! I can't wait. I'm glad to hear that Silversun Pickups is good though. I haven't bothered listening to any of their music.
    Silversun Pickups started their set at around 7:50. They. Were. Awesome.

They really are a very under-appreciated band. I liked them so much, I just today got tickets to see them at a much smaller venue, Neumos, here in Seattle on April 13. I'm totally psyched about this because I'll easily be able to get much closer to the band. And they serve alcohol, of course, which is a big plus.

I'd also really like to see OK Go at a club like Neumos or the Crocodile Cafe or even the Showbox some time...
  • Beautiful write up Lety. Very well done. I really felt your pain in some of your citations. I have quickly learned to not go to any OK Go events with people who don't really want to be there. I experienced this with my other friend that we took to our first concert. We actually didn't tell her what time it started because she wouldn't have let us leave as early as we did. We also couldn't wait after because she was in pain for standing 8 hours or something. I tried telling her that there is no pain when it comes to OK Go. We ended up leaving early. I mean I love her and all, but I just don't take her to OK Go concerts unless she drives up separately. Sounds mean, but that the way of the world.

I am glad that you had a good time! I would have jumped with you, and then we could have created a mosh pit or something. It sucks that you forgot your camera, but I am pretty sure that pictures from the show will be surfacing soon. Oh how is your Aunt? Being attacked by a pick must have been very traumatic for her. It is very hard to find a tiny guitar pick in a sea of people. I am glad that you had fun. Now I want my gold star, like right now so if you leave...lets just get crazy and say now, you'll be hear before 2.
  • thx for sharing- what an awesome time you had!
    My favorite part is Damian's "I don't want any penis jokes." smile.gif
  • Nice review, thanks!

Not quite as bad as the Andy pick thing, but I lost a brooch in Bielefeld, and it would have been nice to have kept it because... I looked up at Damian's and he was wearing the same one! Really, I had no idea and don't study these things. I'd gotten mine for a wedding back in January. Same brooch but his was green and mine was orange. mad.gif Maybe one of the moshers around me nicked it.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Mar 3 2007, 07:19 AM)
    He looked so gorgeous, licking, smacking, and biting his lips as I had seen him do in so many videos and pictures!

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Man I can't wait to see them next weekend! I may have crap seats, but I'll get to see Andy after so it's not that bad. rolleyes.gif
  • Seemed like so much fun. smile.gif Hope you get to meet them [again]!
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Mar 3 2007, 12:35 AM)
    They really are a very under-appreciated band. I liked them so much, I just today got tickets to see them at a much smaller venue, Neumos, here in Seattle on April 13. I'm totally psyched about this because I'll easily be able to get much closer to the band. And they serve alcohol, of course, which is a big plus.

I'd also really like to see OK Go at a club like Neumos or the Crocodile Cafe or even the Showbox some time...

April 13?? theres a show in pepperdine on april 13... i'm confused.. unless its an early show?
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Mar 2 2007, 11:19 PM)
    I finally got around to writing down my experience at the show!
    Warning: the following is written as a long journal entry. If you do not wish to proceed, please take the nearest exit.

You forgot to mention that when they took the stage was right about when the earthquake hit. OK Go really DOES rock the world.
  • That sounds so awesome!!!
    awww, i must see them again!!!!
  • QUOTE (rt802 @ Mar 3 2007, 09:21 AM)
    April 13?? theres a show in pepperdine on april 13... i'm confused.. unless its an early show?

April 13 is OK Go with Augustana at Pepperdine Univ. <--- We're going to this one.

QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Mar 3 2007, 12:35 AM)

April 13 is the Silversun Pickups at Seattle, no OK Go. <---- Not this one.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 3 2007, 12:03 AM)
    Yay! Golden star for me. Aww. No pics, but I'm sure the memories will last a lifetime. So were most of the people there for Snow Patrol then since you and pushing girl were the only ones singing and jumping?

My show is tomorrow! I can't wait. I'm glad to hear that Silversun Pickups is good though. I haven't bothered listening to any of their music.

I'm sure I'll never foreget that night! I expected the crowd to be ther just for SP, but they gave a warm welcome to OK Go. Have fun at the show, I hope you like Silversun Pickups!
    Here is your star!

QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Mar 3 2007, 12:35 AM)

They really are. they kept thanking the San Fran crowd because they were the ones who kept asking for them. And thanks to them they were now touring with SP.

QUOTE (Angela87 @ Mar 3 2007, 05:39 AM)
    Beautiful write up Lety. Very well done. I really felt your pain in some of your citations. I have quickly learned to not go to any OK Go events with people who don't really want to be there. I experienced this with my other friend that we took to our first concert. We actually didn't tell her what time it started because she wouldn't have let us leave as early as we did. We also couldn't wait after because she was in pain for standing 8 hours or something. I tried telling her that there is no pain when it comes to OK Go. We ended up leaving early. I mean I love her and all, but I just don't take her to OK Go concerts unless she drives up separately. Sounds mean, but that the way of the world.

I am glad that you had a good time! I would have jumped with you, and then we could have created a mosh pit or something. It sucks that you forgot your camera, but I am pretty sure that pictures from the show will be surfacing soon. Oh how is your Aunt? Being attacked by a pick must have been very traumatic for her. It is very hard to find a tiny guitar pick in a sea of people. I am glad that you had fun. Now I want my gold star, like right now so if you leave...lets just get crazy and say now, you'll be hear before 2.

Thanks! I learned my lesson, from now on, I will only be taking my cousin to see OK Go. I told my aunt she could come along too as long as she caught the next killer pick. You should've sent you friend to wait in the car while you guys stuck around after the show. But the good thing is you don't take her out anymore, those who cant stand for more than 8 hrs have some serious issues. My aunt is very traumatized, mainly because I was screaming at her like the raving lunatic that I am. She is no longer on pick patrol.
    Congratulations on your golden star!

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 3 2007, 06:55 AM)
    thx for sharing- what an awesome time you had!
    My favorite part is Damian's "I don't want any penis jokes." smile.gif

You're welcome! Lol.

QUOTE (Kareh @ Mar 3 2007, 07:04 AM)
    Nice review, thanks!

Not quite as bad as the Andy pick thing, but I lost a brooch in Bielefeld, and it would have been nice to have kept it because... I looked up at Damian's and he was wearing the same one! Really, I had no idea and don't study these things. I'd gotten mine for a wedding back in January. Same brooch but his was green and mine was orange. mad.gif Maybe one of the moshers around me nicked it.

I think loosing your brooch is equally as bad or maybe even more. I mean, you weren't seriously hurt like my aunt was, but having the same brooch as Damian is pretty awesome.

QUOTE (mundum @ Mar 3 2007, 07:15 AM)
    wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Man I can't wait to see them next weekend! I may have crap seats, but I'll get to see Andy after so it's not that bad. rolleyes.gif

Don't worry about the crappy seats you got. Just make the best of it and don't worry about he people around you. have a great time!

QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Mar 3 2007, 07:23 AM)
    Seemed like so much fun. smile.gif Hope you get to meet them [again]!

It was even more fun than fun. It was funner! <--is that a word?

QUOTE (keaton @ Mar 3 2007, 10:40 AM)
    You forgot to mention that when they took the stage was right about when the earthquake hit. OK Go really DOES rock the world.

Hell yeah! OK Go rocked the earth! My uncle actually called my cousin when we got out and told her that there had been an earthquake, we didn't believe him at first dry.gif
  • okay i don't want to start a new thread so here is my review of the concert in LOS ANGELES MARCH 2ND...
    okay its more like me ranting/raving about the adventure.. sorry i could write a good review but i need to get this out first.

okay so my friend and i are currently at ucsd so we had to drive up to LA for the concert.. we thought hey no problem we live in the greater LA area and it'll take about an hour and a half.. but we decided to leave early and beat traffic and visit some of our friends at ucla before the show.. so we left san diego at 1:45.. and we got to ucla at about 5:15.. yeahhhh i've lived in LA area all my life and apparently i had forgotten infamous LA traffic while i was in SD.. okay so anyway we got to ucla and visited friends and got directions to gibson amphitheatre/universal citywalk which was supposed to be 20min away. we left ucla around 6.30 and it took us an hour to get to the citywalk parking lot...
    okay so then we make our way to gibson and we get through security etc whatever
    then we spot the ok go van (and two guys asking people to sign up for the mailing list)! we were very excited and i immediately asked the guys if ok go was meeting fans after the show and they said they didnt know.. we wanted to take pictures with the van but we we thought the show might start kinda soon and i wanted to get a tshirt so we went in and i got an ok go tshirt and snow patrol buttons (i was very disappointed in the lack of ok go merchandise). very random, but we saw greg beranhart (sp?) that dude who wrote 'hes just not that into you' and has a talk show..

anywho, we made our way to the pit and soon thereafter silversun pickups took they stage. they were pretty good but i couldnt understand a word of what they were singing.

okay so during this time we notice on one side of the venue people are walking to what says "stage entrance" and theres some security around it but most people got through without a problem. so we decide that after ok go we would try to get through there.

then ok go went on! yaay they were soo awesome (of course)! before they went on we wrote on a post it 'we <3 ok go can we meet you?' and we tried to hand it to damian but he didnt see sleep.gif but whatever they still had an amazing set and the crowd was into them and did the cell phone thing etc. then they were done and we went to the stage entrance place and realized that you had to have a backstage pass and it was incredible how many people had them! so we decided to go back to the van to take pics with it and i asked the guys there again if they knew of a way to meet the guys after the show or how to get to the back entrance.. they said no and it was their first night so they had no clue. ugh so we took pictures and they gave us stickers cuz they felt bad for us.. then we walked around the venue and found where we think the back entrance is but of course it was blocked off and there was security all over.. so we couldnt get through and we went back to the van and i told the guys to give the post it we wrote to the band and they were like how are they gonna know who you are? so then they made me write my name and info on the back yeah that felt pretty stalkerish and im sure the boys will get a kick out of it if the van guys even give it to them. by this point were sad we couldnt find a way to get the guys so we went back in and waited for snow patrol.

during the waiting i saw people with backstage passes and asked about eight different people how to get them.. they all answered 'connections' or 'through a friend' one lady told me she had two more she would give me if her friends didnt show up.. but of course they did =/
    oh and i was really bothered by the fact that most of the people with backstage passes were old! i dont have a problem with older fans but these people seemed like they barely knew about ok go or snow patrol... gosh i guess i had also forgotten about LA and its superficiality (is that a word?) and how you need connections for everything. sigh

so snow patrol went on and they were amazing. i honestly didnt have very high expectations of them - i liked them and all but i wasnt crazy about em either... but wow their performance was realllly good!!

okay then it was over we left etc.. but im still realllly sad i didnt get to meet them because we really tried SO HARD =/ sigh oh well another time perhaps.. theres the LMU show and the pepperdine show but im gonna be in san diego and i dont think i'll be able to make it.. im just going to hope they have shows in the summer - preferably at a smaller venue so i have a better chance of meeting them.

okay if you read all of this thanks for listening to me complaining. cool.gif
  • I'm sorry you didnt get to meeth them! Maybe next time. smile.gif
  • Man. I'm so late for this, but the board died for awhile, so that's my excuse.

Lety (I should have yelled out your name at the show) did an amazing job describing the concert. Much better than I could ever do, so I'm just going to add some stuff that happened to me.

I got there at around 3:30 with my friend. We walked around the venue twice, but we didn't see anyone and I had no idea which bus was their's because they didn't have the pretty blue bubble bus. 2 hours later, my sister arrives and I walk around with her and I see Dan, Mike, and Jordan smoking by the backstage door. We went up and my sister gave them cupcakes that she had made for our tenth show. Half of them had a 10 on them and the other half had the OK Go logo. I gave them my brownies. We asked Dan if he would be around after the show and he said that he would try. Mike said that they were leaving pretty early because they wanted to get down to L.A. Then we left because we had just given them a ton of stuff and they probably didn't want to stand there and hold it. Then my sister remembered that she forgot to give Mike and Jordan something, so we went back, but they were gone.

During the show, I was in front of Damian, second row. I couldn't see Andy or Dan at all and a tall girl blocked my view of Tim half of the time. When they were playing Oh No, my sister and I used our lighters instead of cell phones, but mine is an OK Go lighter, so it's okay. After they had finished and packing up the stuff, we yelled at Jordan for the set list, so he ripped one off of Damian's monitor and handed it to a guard, who handed it to my sister.

During Snow Patrol, me and my friend walked around, but we couldn't find any of the guys, so we watched the rest of their set. After the show was over, we went near the barricades by the side of the stage and we saw Dan standing off in the distance talking to some people, but we were too polite to yell at him to come over. Then we got kicked out by security. We walked by the tour buses and I saw Jordan loading things into one, so we went over. Mike was there too and I asked him if he knew where the guys were. He said that Damian was sick, so he left a long time ago. Andy was working on a website. Dan had just left with some friends and Tim had been playing ping pong earlier, but then he left. I had knitted a scarf for Tim and I wanted to give it to him personally, but since he was gone, I gave it to Mike. This is the scarf if you want to take a look.

If anyone is going to a show soon, I would be forever grateful if you asked Tim whether or not he likes it or if you can take a picture of him wearing it. Too bad it isn't as amazing as that black and pink scarf with the logo on it.

Then we talked to Jordan for a little bit and then we left. Not my favorite OK Go concert, but it was still fun and I got to talk Jordan, who is super nice and he thinks like me and my sister, so that's probably why I like him.
  • I also did not want to start a new thread.... (Same review as the one on my myspace blog, so if you already read it, don't bother reading it here smile.gif

Full Review of the March 3rd 2007 events. (Scroll down if you only want to see pictures.....oh and by the way, my brother takes crappy photos.)

We (Me, my brother, and his friend) left Riverside at 3pm. We were driving and hit traffic around Temecula. Ugh. Traffic!! Oh no. About 10 minutes into the traffic, we spot sirens. So there was an accident. A car was flipped over into the center divider. As we drove by, the officers waved the cars by to go (we were in the fast lane). The officer ended up stopping the car right behind us so that they can close the freeway to clean up the mess. We barely made it! We were the last car to pass the accident.

It took about an hour and a half to get to San Diego. We stopped for early dinner/late lunch at Toyko Sushi near SDSU. They were well understaffed for a Saturday night but the food was fantastic! I highly recommended it.

7:00pm, we arrive at SDSU, and picked up our tickets at Will Call. I inquired all around if anyone knew if OK Go was going to have a meet and greet after the show. No one knew anything, of course.

7:30pm on the dot, Silversun Pickups perform. They were great!!!

At about 8:15pm or so, OK Go came out. The set list included :

1. The House Wins

2. Television, Television

? No Sign of Life

? Invincible

? Don't Ask Me

? Get Over It

? Oh Lately it's So Quiet

? A Good Idea at the Time

9. Here it Goes Again

10. Do What You Want

Please correct me if they played any others.

Their performance was great. As expected, there was no AMW dance, no covers, and no acoustics. You can tell they were tired, especially Damian. Due to his illness, his voice was not all there. Also, there was no drinking, except for water. So, no drunk Damian. What does that mean? Well, less bantering. But their onstage presence was never-the-less brilliant and wonderful.

On stage bantering included how Damian noticed that the SDSU Open Air Theatre is like vertical. And that most venues are like horizontal. And he said something like, I'm not on mushrooms. (BTW, someone lit a joint near us during OK Go's set and security guards came down to try to find the pothead). Damian dedicated Get Over It to Greg from Snow Patrol stating that he hit on Damian. I thought he would dedicate Your So Damn Hot, but I was wrong. Damian also told us about their soccer experience in Germany. He said something like, "There are over 60,000 people at the soccer stadium and they can't do a wave." So what did he make us do, The Wave, as he pointed to each section. It was AWESOME. Since everyone was seated, before they played HIGA, he told everyone to stand up. "It's a rock n roll concert. Who cares if you're blocking the person behind you." So, we stood up. We are your monkeys Damian. Then they finished with DWYW and Damian let us know that they just made a video, like last week.

Intermission. Snow Patrol. No, we didn't want to see them. As we walked up to leave, I gave our tickets to poor SP people who were in the nose bleeds. Thanks to us, they got to sit up closer. You're Welcomed.

We walked around, not expecting to run into them or anything but I sure was hoping to. We spotted the tour bus and then DAN!!! Holy crap. It was Def Def Definately DAN. I asked him for a picture and he gave me the "just one minute" finger and entered the tour bus. Then I saw DAMIAN and he came up to us. I asked for a picture and he was so nice. Damian noticed my OK Go bag that I made and was like, "Were you the one who sent us the paisley bag, but it's opposite to what yours is?" And I was like, "Uhhh, no." Then Tim came up. TIM!! I was like, "Uh, I made you guys treats." And handed Damian a bright box. He was like, "I like the box. Should I open it up right now?" Me, "Of course." On top was a bag of Ricola. He chuckled. And underneath were 2 dozen Rice Krispie Treats. He said to Tim, "Look they're individually wrapped." And handed one to Tim. I inquired to whether Andy would come out. Tim was like, "I think he's still backstage." They were in a hurry to get home and "sleep in their own bed" as Tim puts it. I told them, "I'll see you on St. Patrick's day!!". And they drove off together in Damian's car...

A few minutes later, Dan came out. I got a picture with him. He was the only one who crossed the Red Line for the picture. I asked him whether Andy was still here. He said that he already left. Ahhh. So, I asked Dan if he can give Andy his early birthday present from me. He said, "I'll put it in his box. He should get it on or before his birthday." BTW, Dan has beautiful eyes. The elusive Andy was not seen this time. Maybe next time it'll be different.

Thank you guys. You were all so nice and wonderful. You made my day.

It was a long story. Thank you for reading. Here is your reward, some pictures of the guys. And as I mentioned earlier, my brother takes crappy pictures.

• Amberdino: You were really trying to meet the boys, I'm sorry it didn't happen sad.gif And I know how you feel about Silversun Pickups, I couldnt understand a single word either but I really like their music. I've been listening to it for the past couple of days smile.gif

Kalinda: That scarf is beautiful! Man, I need to get a hobby. I can't believe you were in the 2nd row and still couldnt see the rest of the guys! Some tall girl kept covering Tim from me, argh! But I'm glad we both had a good time. SInce my digital camera didn't make it in, I took tons of pictures with my phone. Unfortunately this was the best one I got:
    The rest are red and blurry. I really hate those red lights!
  • I'll make a better post later, but I can't hold back the urge to say ROCKSUGAR I AM SO JEALOUS. We waited for over an hour after Snow Patrol were finished, only to find out how early OK Go had left. *le sigh* I even had an early birthday gift for Andy. sad.gif It got put on the bus, though, so that's okay. I'm glad that the boys got to go home for a day, but I really wanted to meet them. Luckily I really enjoyed Snow Patrol, so I don't feel like a complete idiot.

*JEALOUSY*

*talks self down* There will be another chance to meet the boys, there will be another chance to meet the boys....
  • omg im jealous you met them at the sdsu concert! i was going to go to that one but then i found better tickets for the LA one.. and i freakin go to ucsd so it would've been way more convenient to go the sd concert ahhhh aslkfjalsdkjf okay okay i must remain calm and optimistic that i shall meet them in the future..
  • omg im jealous you met them at the sdsu concert! i was going to go to that one but then i found better tickets for the LA one.. and i freakin go to ucsd so it would've been way more convenient to go the sd concert ahhhh aslkfjalsdkjf okay okay i must remain calm and optimistic that i shall meet them in the future..