In this Discussion

You Rock, Dan!

Comments

• Holy crap, QUINTUPLE post. My FIRST multiple post is a QUINTUPLE post. blink.gif HAH. I had a feeling it was coming though considering how incredibly laggy the boards were when I clicked submit
  • QUOTE (missaggie @ Mar 9 2007, 07:37 AM)
    Since it was Rusty's birthday yesterday, Damian (idk if Tim was in on it too) presented him with a new guitar onstage... it was absolutely adorable. I was surprised because Dan said that he had no clue that was going to happen.

Awwww. How incredibly awesome. That's funny that Dan had no clue. Damian just wanted to show up Tim and Dan. JK. laugh.gif Nice story missaggie!!
  • QUOTE (missaggie @ Mar 9 2007, 11:37 AM)
    Since it was Rusty's birthday yesterday, Damian (idk if Tim was in on it too) presented him with a new guitar onstage... it was absolutely adorable. I was surprised because Dan said that he had no clue that was going to happen.

ahahah, how do you hide something like that on a tour bus?

Also, any idea what kind he got him?
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 9 2007, 05:05 PM)
    i luv that he called you rockers tongue.gif

ahhh me too!!

QUOTE (oknat @ Mar 9 2007, 05:58 PM)
    I enjoyed reading that as well! I'm glad you got to meet him. He sounds so nice and sweet.

My brother and I went to the show this past Saturday in San Diego and we saw him watching Silversun Pickups from the side of the stage. I really wanted to just yell out "DAN!" but thought better of it and figured it would be rude since Silversun Pickups were in the middle of their set.

yeah... I felt sort of rude/weird going up to talk to him at first... but he didn't seem to mind.... I really hope you get to meet him next time!!

QUOTE (Kikky @ Mar 9 2007, 08:15 PM)
    ahahah, how do you hide something like that on a tour bus?

Also, any idea what kind he got him?

Yeah that's what I was wondering... maybe he knew they bought it but didn't know they'd bring it out to him... I'm not sure. I could never hide something like that, especially not when you're all trapped on the same bus..

I wish I knew more about guitars, because I have no clue what kind it was.... I know that it was either white or ivory with a bit of black on it... I think... but as far as brands go, Damian didn't' say. It was really sweet because right before they brought out the guitar, he was talking about how they had also flown Andy's girlfriend out to see him... I thought that was great.

I really wish we'd been able to take pictures so you could see the guitar!.. Of course I bring the camera and all it does is die. dry.gif
  • QUOTE (missaggie @ Mar 11 2007, 12:25 PM)
    It was really sweet because right before they brought out the guitar, he was talking about how they had also flown Andy's girlfriend out to see him... I thought that was great.

Awww that is so sweet of them!
  • Aww that is really adorable smile.gif

Ooo I wana know what kinda guitar now!! If anyone has any pictures, show us!!!

Dan's by far the easiest to go up to, I've found. Damian obviously expects it, Andy seemed kinda taken aback when I said hi... I think Tim may have been drunk and it took him a moment to work out what was going on. LOL.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 11 2007, 04:01 PM)
    Aww that is really adorable smile.gif

Ooo I wana know what kinda guitar now!! If anyone has any pictures, show us!!!

Dan's by far the easiest to go up to, I've found. Damian obviously expects it, Andy seemed kinda taken aback when I said hi... I think Tim may have been drunk and it took him a moment to work out what was going on. LOL.

it was basically the same for us. Dan was so friendly and wasn't scared by us giving him cakes and stuff haha. plus he gave us love by twitching his eyes at us (kinda hard to explain) lol. It was the best. and then (because we had Oliver) Damian walked right up to us. and Damian had to make Andy come out from off his computer. and when Tim finally came out, he had already seen us a couple times but said that it took him a long time to make the connection that we were fans or something (even when my friend waved at him) haha. he blamed that on jet lag.

but basically Dan is amazing. he's so approachable and non-intimidating, and he's always so friendly when he could be scared by us fans. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Mar 11 2007, 11:08 PM)
    but basically Dan is amazing. he's so approachable and non-intimidating, and he's always so friendly when he could be scared by us fans. laugh.gif

Too true.
    He was having a conversation with some friends, and I was standing nearby talking to my friend, and he said to his friends "Excuse me..." and came over to where I was to say hi again and ask how I was. smile.gif
    So lovely!
  • aww that's so sweet and considerate. yeah we met him beforehand (to give him the cakes lol) and we asked if they were going to be hanging out after the show, and he said that they were and he'd love to say hi to us again afterwards. gosh they are all so down to earth and non snobbish band guys lol.
  • QUOTE (missaggie @ Mar 11 2007, 08:25 PM)
    ahhh me too!!
    yeah... I felt sort of rude/weird going up to talk to him at first... but he didn't seem to mind.... I really hope you get to meet him next time!!

Yeah that's what I was wondering... maybe he knew they bought it but didn't know they'd bring it out to him... I'm not sure. I could never hide something like that, especially not when you're all trapped on the same bus..

I wish I knew more about guitars, because I have no clue what kind it was.... I know that it was either white or ivory with a bit of black on it... I think... but as far as brands go, Damian didn't' say. It was really sweet because right before they brought out the guitar, he was talking about how they had also flown Andy's girlfriend out to see him... I thought that was great.
    I really wish we'd been able to take pictures so you could see the guitar!.. Of course I bring the camera and all it does is die. dry.gif

Was this the one?

• QUOTE (mundum @ Mar 11 2007, 08:17 PM)
    Was this the one?

Weeeird, that looks like my POS Washburn.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Mar 12 2007, 02:04 AM)
    Weeeird, that looks like my POS Washburn.

Kikky,
    My sources say it is a Gibson Les Paul double cut (DC) with P90 pickups.

Penelope
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Mar 12 2007, 09:23 AM)
    Kikky,
    My sources say it is a Gibson Les Paul double cut (DC) with P90 pickups.

Penelope

You mean like this one?

Dang, I wanna be in a band with Damian now and have him get me a nice guitar, haha.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Mar 12 2007, 02:54 PM)
    You mean like this one?

Dang, I wanna be in a band with Damian now and have him get me a nice guitar, haha.

I think that's the one, just in a different color.
    Lucky birthday boy indeed!
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Mar 11 2007, 08:17 PM)
    Was this the one?

yes! that's definitely the one! I'm glad you got a picture of it cool.gif
  • Dan is so lovely.

Seriously. It is such a pleasure talking to him at every show. And I can't imagine there is anyone in this world sweeter than him. Multiple hugs and pictures and chats is just wonderful.

I finally got to ask Dan about his major in college. Apparently, Dan first majored in sound/lighting? when he first started at Columbia College (Chicago), and then moved to a music major later on.

And his tattoo? A cocktail sword, on his upper-arm.

So there you go! More and more and more information about the sweetest man in the world. I just hope he doesn't mind me sharing with everyone else.
  • Alright.

I'm kind of late in replying to the topic. BUTTT:

"Damn straight."

Kdone.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Mar 16 2007, 01:47 AM)
    And his tattoo? A cocktail sword, on his upper-arm.

I've always wondered what it was!
  • There's a nice picture of Dan as the cover boy for the 2007 ddrum catalog:

http://www.ddrum.com/pdfs/DDRUM07.pdf

• Ha--sweet!