In this Discussion

Hot Topic

edited November -1 in OK Go
woo. Sorry I was just there today and I finally saw an OK Go shirt. Its a white one with a lot of funky designs. I haven't seen it online before so I kinda freaked out in the middle of the store. I'm gonna go back and buy it so I'll get a picture. Sorry if this was kinda useless information.

Comments

• Finally! Ever since seeing a Plain White T's shirt there a few months ago I wanted them to start selling an Ok Go shirt so bad. Weeee, an excuse to go shopping! That store is so fun.
  • This one?

I have to say...especially for a hot topic exclusive, they sure know how to pick a design that doesn't go with any previously used theme(tesselated flowers, wallpaper designs, ect) whatsoever. It's like whoever created the design didn't do any research on the band and threw random objects(lips and an eye? wtf?) all over.

Still, it's pretty astounding that there's finally something in hot topic worth paying outrageous fees for.. rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Mar 15 2007, 04:12 AM)
    This one?

I have to say...especially for a hot topic exclusive, they sure know how to pick a design that doesn't go with any previously used theme(tesselated flowers, wallpaper designs, ect) whatsoever. It's like whoever created the design didn't do any research on the band and threw random objects(lips and an eye? wtf?) all over.

Still, it's pretty astounding that there's finally something in hot topic worth paying outrageous fees for.. rolleyes.gif

I bought that very shirt except in green at the Cheap Trick show in Philly last November. Not much of an exclusive.
  • oooo! that is cool!
    I never go in Hot Topic, but I def'ly will now!
    Thx!
  • Blarg. Not very pretty. I'd rather go to the online store and buy one directly off them, so hot topic gets no munny.

But that means they're getting more mainstream now! I am happy... slightly...
  • I bought the green one at the DC show back in November. Pretty much the raddest shirt I've ever owned.

There's a picture of me wearing it: http://photos-735.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v4...211735_7350.jpg

Look at it for the shirt part, but not the Kristine part.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 15 2007, 09:11 AM)
    I bought that very shirt except in green at the Cheap Trick show in Philly last November. Not much of an exclusive.

Yeah, I bought this in green at the merch table in Chicago/Logan Square. You're right that it doesn't go with the rest of the OK Go visual vocabulary, but I still like it. I wonder who did design it, if it wasn't DK or anyone connected with the band. I assumed it was.
  • huh weird i went into hot topic today saw that shirt came back to the board today and saw this......must be fate XD
  • ya they had this at the NY show as well
  • i wanna attempt making that....
  • bah. I don't like that one. It's just a shirt that happens to say OK Go on it. It's not very inspired. I like my OK Go merch to be inspired. like with Andy's shoe, etc.
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Mar 16 2007, 12:16 PM)
    bah. I don't like that one. It's just a shirt that happens to say OK Go on it. It's not very inspired. I like my OK Go merch to be inspired. like with Andy's shoe, etc.

^^^ I know! I agree. I think all of us have created more beautiful shirts from scratch to show off to the boys.
  • Well, Hot Topic really had nothing to do with the design, since the guys sell that shirt as part of their official merch at shows.
  • Ha ha, good point. That went right over my head wink.gif
  • It's not my favourite OK Go shirt, but I'm excited to see it at Hot Topic, and want to reward Hot Topic for selling something OK Go-related, so I'll probably buy it anyway! Plus, you can never have too many OK Go shirts!
  • wow the time finally came now that hot topic is cool now. haha. i've been wondering if they'll ever sell OK Go shirts there. now they do and now i need to go to the mall. =D
  • I had the unfortunate fate of seeing this shirt yesterday while browsing the mall...and honestly it made me happy with a little bit of sickness creeping in there. It was great to see something related to the band being marketed to a bigger crowd but the band just doesn't fit with the hot topic style...at all. It's hard enough trying to defend them when they're called out for just being those guys who dance on treadmills but no they've got a shirt in hot topic...what's next? I shudder to think.

I still would have bought it if they had had a medium available so I guess I'm not that angry. tongue.gif