In this Discussion

okgocentral.com

Comments

Speaking of the board, Damian posted on here (under "okgoadmin" or something like that) in the summer of '05 a bunch of times in a thread about the "Oh No" lyrics. Pretty cool (I'm too lazy to search for the thread, but I think it was bumped sometime in the past couple months.)

http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...&#entry9101
    That link should take you right to his first post, if not, then his posts start about half way down the page biggrin.gif

Oh, and Sheri, is there like a last day to send you the questions for Trish? I want to send you some but I haven't had time to think straight.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Feb 28 2007, 08:47 PM)
    And back to wanting to be old-school, have I mentioned (yes, I know I have) that the friend who got me into the band (who isn't obsessed like me, but is a fan) saw them in 2001 when they were opening for TMBG????? T-shirts & jeans, they did "Women & Men," and Damian had a bandana on headband-style, keeping his hair back, and apparently was a serious cutie that night. (Yeah, when isn't he.) Gah!

I brought it up to Dan while we were talking to him in Milwaukee, and he got all excited and said to her, "Back when we were quirky!" XD

I love "Women & Men"!! Does anyone have a video of it?
    I think I read somewhere that they did it because something happened to someone's guitar? I can't remember, anyone know or have a link to where I may have read it?
  • They usually do stuff like that when a guitar string breaks. That's why they started the Les Mis thing.
  • I think thats what I read had happened.
    Thank you!
  • QUOTE (Nettie @ Feb 5 2007, 07:56 PM)
    Can I please ask. Is it possible to register at the gallery? I can't see a link...
    I'd love to leave some comments under the pix... wink.gif

Hey, Nettie smile.gif Okay, I've got it set to accept registrations. When you go to the gallery, there's a "Register" button in the top right corner. And I've got it set so registered users and guests can leave comments. Comment away!

QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 6 2007, 12:43 AM)
    I have coppermine too and can't figure out how to turn the comment section on. Sheri if you know how to do this let me know lol. Also I get notifications where people are registering to my photo gallery but cant figure out how to see the member list. If you have answers to this let me know here or in my e-mail lol.
    Adrienne

Yo, Adrienne, when you're logged in as an admin, there should be a "Groups" button. Go there and it should list three groups--Administrators, Users, and Guests (or Anonymous?). You can pick yes or no for comment leaving, e-card sending, etc., for each.

For the member list, go to the "Users" button (it's in that bunch that "Groups" was in--this bunch also has "Config," "Albums," etc.).

Hope this all works on yours--I have no idea if it matters what Coppermine version or theme you're using.

QUOTE (ytel82 @ Mar 1 2007, 01:19 AM)
    http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...&#entry9101
    Oh, and Sheri, is there like a last day to send you the questions for Trish? I want to send you some but I haven't had time to think straight.

Wed., March 7 (this Wed.).
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 2 2007, 07:05 PM)
    Wed., March 7 (this Wed.).

Thanks, I'm gonna get started then.
  • Hey, just a reminder--last day for questions for the Trish interview. smile.gif

And there is a bunch more pics in the gallery.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 7 2007, 05:31 PM)
    Hey, just a reminder--last day for questions for the Trish interview. smile.gif

And there is a bunch more pics in the gallery.

How's the interview coming along? I can't wait for it. An interview where fans get to ask the questions!
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Mar 15 2007, 12:55 AM)
    How's the interview coming along? I can't wait for it. An interview where fans get to ask the questions!

Me too! laugh.gif Sheri, did you get my questions? bah, doesn't matter. It's cool, no matter what.
  • Thanks--all I can tell you is "watch this space" smile.gif I'll let you know when it's up on the site. Yep, I got your questions, keaton.

Oh, and I got the idea for the fan question angle from the Unofficial Fan Club on MySpace--they did a similar thing last summer interviewing the band. And I should mention I got the idea to interview Trish from Katy (jedi_grrlie) pondering it on here months and months ago. Haven't seen any action from the Trinity (Holy Trinity of OK Go Fandom on MySpace, of which Katy is a third) in awhile, so I thought I'd do it. Anyway, thanks for the idea, Katy (credit where credit is due).
  • Videos!

A clip of the Cinnamon Lips dance from 2003 and several things from WireImageVideo: a Grammy red carpet interview, a clip of the boys getting their picture taken at the VMAs, a similar clip and interview from Stuff Magazine's Toys for Bigger Boys event on 12/5/06, and four songs from that show.

I've also added a bunch of stuff to the gallery (in many places--hitting "Last Uploads" up top is your best bet).

And I want to remind everyone you can leave comments on pics in the gallery now.

Go take a look!
  • I'd just like to say thanks for ur website. It's so awesome, and I couldn't have made my video without it.

thanks smile.gif
  • Aw, thank you! What video?
  • ^^^
    a fan video. w/ ok go pics and videos and stuff

here's my account u can see it from there if you want.
    http://www.youtube.com/vinca15
  • I have a technical question for you image experts out there. I'm looking for a way to resize many photo files at once. I know that you can select a whole bunch of photos in My Computer and hit the "email" feature and then save the new files when they show up attached to an email draft, but that makes them smaller than I want them. When I resize pics, I've been using the Kodak EasyShare software program and saving them at 50%, but (as far as I've been able to figure out) you can only do one picture at a time. Which is a pain.

It seems like this should be a basic thing that I've just managed to never learn yet ... Can anyone tell me a way to do this? And I don't mean with the Kodak software--I mean any way to do it.

(And thanks, Vinca--I'll check it out.)
  • Vinca, that made me feel all gooshy! That's awesome! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
    Do you remember where you got that 2001 Marjorie Galen Kitman photo (b x w, smiling Damian, in your vid)??? I've tried and tried and tried to find those pictures online and I can't find any anywhere. I've stumbled across two in the past year or so, but I can't find an actual source for them online that has more. >:/
  • Vinca, That was a really great video. It had some of my favorite pictures. Thanks! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 17 2007, 04:13 PM)
    I have a technical question for you image experts out there. I'm looking for a way to resize many photo files at once. I know that you can select a whole bunch of photos in My Computer and hit the "email" feature and then save the new files when they show up attached to an email draft, but that makes them smaller than I want them. When I resize pics, I've been using the Kodak EasyShare software program and saving them at 50%, but (as far as I've been able to figure out) you can only do one picture at a time. Which is a pain.

It seems like this should be a basic thing that I've just managed to never learn yet ... Can anyone tell me a way to do this? And I don't mean with the Kodak software--I mean any way to do it.

(And thanks, Vinca--I'll check it out.)

LOL, sorry about that, Sheri. I don't have an answer for you, either. (Otherwise I would've sent those pictures smaller)
  • Okay, Rachel just sent me some pics from the DC Non-Denom Xmas show, 12/9/06, to post on the site, and she got one of Damian's shirt lifting that's making me hyperventilate T-Dog style. Well, maybe not that bad. But ... yeeeeeaaah.

To which I say, THANK YOU, RACHEL!!!

Edit: Just saw your post, Rachel--no, lol, that wasn't sparked by you. I need to reduce a bunch of my own pics and I also want to know for further-future use as people send me things ... Besides, the bulk of yours can stay as is--I just shrunk the November ones.
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 17 2007, 04:08 PM)
    ^^^
    a fan video. w/ ok go pics and videos and stuff

here's my account u can see it from there if you want.
    http://www.youtube.com/vinca15

That was very nice, Vinca! You timed it well. You seem to like photos where they have that '60s look. I like those too!