In this Discussion

okgocentral.com

Comments

• Another update: I just added a video from the January Sennheiser show I'd forgotten I had. (Aren't those nice moments? lol) And there's another wallpaper in the media section--another one of the old okgo.ascreamingflower.com ones. It's a Damian Colt 45 t-shirt one. I know how you gals are with that shirt.

Edit: Sorry to bombard you with updates--had I known how much I was going to do, I'd have waited till the end. Anyway, I've added the 1/31/07 WMMR Philadelphia interview w/Damian and Tim (which is quite funny) and the hedgestop.com Tim one from January, which is a good interview.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 17 2007, 03:13 PM)
    I have a technical question for you image experts out there. I'm looking for a way to resize many photo files at once. I know that you can select a whole bunch of photos in My Computer and hit the "email" feature and then save the new files when they show up attached to an email draft, but that makes them smaller than I want them. When I resize pics, I've been using the Kodak EasyShare software program and saving them at 50%, but (as far as I've been able to figure out) you can only do one picture at a time. Which is a pain.

It seems like this should be a basic thing that I've just managed to never learn yet ... Can anyone tell me a way to do this? And I don't mean with the Kodak software--I mean any way to do it.

Yes! I figured out a way. I just noticed that when you use that email feature in My Computer > My Pictures, there's a further options option you can click, and then you can choose to reduce the pics to small, medium, or large when they're attached to the email. And the large & medium options suit my purposes just fine.

Just mentioning it in case anyone else wanted to know how to accomplish that ...
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 17 2007, 08:22 PM)
    Vinca, that made me feel all gooshy! That's awesome! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 17 2007, 08:37 PM)
    Vinca, That was a really great video. It had some of my favorite pictures. Thanks! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 17 2007, 10:50 PM)
    That was very nice, Vinca! You timed it well. You seem to like photos where they have that '60s look. I like those too!

awww, thanks guys. im glad u liked it. smile.gif

Do you remember where you got that 2001 Marjorie Galen Kitman photo (b x w, smiling Damian, in your vid)??? I've tried and tried and tried to find those pictures online and I can't find any anywhere. I've stumbled across two in the past year or so, but I can't find an actual source for them online that has more. >:/

Oh, and sry...i dont remember. chances r i got it off photobucket or this message board. sry i can't help any more.
    Do you remember where you got that 2001 Marjorie Galen Kitman photo (b x w, smiling Damian, in your vid)??? I've tried and tried and tried to find those pictures online and I can't find any anywhere. I've stumbled across two in the past year or so, but I can't find an actual source for them online that has more. >:/

Hey Sheri, ihave7stars posted that picture in Another Thread. Maybe you should try asking her.
  • Ooh, nice--thanks.
  • XD

Wow.

Well, there is no way, I don't think, To batch resize all your pictures like batch conversion.

When I have pictures, and want to upload them, or send them through e-mail, I use our @okgocentral.com email because it has no bandwidth >_>
  • Well no, I wanted them shrunk to a reasonable size for when you click on the gallery pics to see them full size--when you're taking pics straight from digital cameras, they're usually huge, so when you click on the regular size gallery pic for the full-size version, you wind up looking at someone's huge eyeball or nostril and not much else, lol ... Plus when they're smaller it takes less time to upload them on FTP in the first place ... A bunch of pics at 100 or 200 KB = much less pain than 800 or 900 KB.

I only brought up email as a way to get a bunch resized all at once.

Anyway, I got it figgered out--all's great smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 17 2007, 05:22 PM)
    Okay, Rachel just sent me some pics from the DC Non-Denom Xmas show, 12/9/06, to post on the site, and she got one of Damian's shirt lifting that's making me hyperventilate T-Dog style. Well, maybe not that bad. But ... yeeeeeaaah.

To which I say, THANK YOU, RACHEL!!!

Edit: Just saw your post, Rachel--no, lol, that wasn't sparked by you. I need to reduce a bunch of my own pics and I also want to know for further-future use as people send me things ... Besides, the bulk of yours can stay as is--I just shrunk the November ones.

You are So welcome. They were up on my site too, but I don't need the whole of OK Go fandom coming to my personal pictures site when they can just as easily be posted on the fansites.
  • I added a crapload of pictures over the past couple days, so wander over and take a peek, everyone. smile.gif

(And Rachel--I don't have your live pics up yet, as they are currently held hostage in my Outlook Express, which has decided to completely freeze up on me--it's quite weird. Anyway, it's been screwed up for a day now--just letting you know why the pics aren't there yet.)

Sherispazzamundo
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 19 2007, 01:17 AM)
    I added a crapload of pictures over the past couple days, so wander over and take a peek, everyone. smile.gif

(And Rachel--I don't have your live pics up yet, as they are currently held hostage in my Outlook Express, which has decided to completely freeze up on me--it's quite weird. Anyway, it's been screwed up for a day now--just letting you know why the pics aren't there yet.)

Sherispazzamundo

Ack! I swear I didn't do it! (If I did though, I'm sorry)

I did see my pictures with the boys though - Yay! I love how you put up both of my pictures with Damian at Irving Plaza!
  • No problem smile.gif

No, I had already gotten and viewed all the pics you sent me, so I don't see how that could be the problem. It freezes up after the automatic Mcafee email scan starts--the one that scans the messages you've already got (?). I've never had trouble with that before. So I went into Mcafee to disable all the email-related scanning, and yet when I open Outlook, that scan still starts and it freezes. I think if I get rid of Mcafee I can log back into their site and reinstall it, so I think I'm going to get rid of it and see if it helps. If not, I guess it's really an Outlook problem and I can download another email program and temporarily (or permanently maybe) export my inbox, etc., into it so I don't lose all my stuff ... Anyway, sorry to make this the technical difficulties thread, but if anyone's got a hot tip on this problem, send it my way. But not through email. wink.gif

Yeah anyway, I think this thread was about a website before I started rambling. Go look at the pictures I added, everybody. biggrin.gif
  • Woo!! I got my email to work and boy, I'm glad I did. I had a nice little email sitting there from Anna Dickson, the photographer who took those pics of Damian & Andy for Guitar World. She very sweetly sent some to us to put up on the site (she'd had to wait awhile before granting permission)--and they don't have watermarks!

SWEET.

Check out the non-ping pong one over on the site. It's *big*.

Whee! I'm doing my happy dance!!
  • ^that picture is awesome!! wub.gif

edit: nevermind i answered my own question. laugh.gif
  • Trish interview TOMORROW!

I have it, I've read it, and it is fucking awesome. I'm not kidding--this thing is soooooooooooooooooooooo great.

I'm not putting it on the site tonight because I'm on a total sleep deficit and I'm fucking evil.

I'll give a heads-up here when I've got it up over at said site, sometime tomorrow evening.

It's awesome!! Did I mention it's awesome?
  • AAAHHH! Can't wait!
  • Oh that is VERY exciting.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 21 2007, 05:36 PM)
    I'm not putting it on the site tonight because ... I'm fucking evil.

evil, Sheri, Pure Evil! (where's that little devil emoticon when you need her?)
    ^ ^
    biggrin.gif
  • YAAAAAY!!!!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 22 2007, 02:36 AM)
    Trish interview TOMORROW!

I have it, I've read it, and it is fucking awesome. I'm not kidding--this thing is soooooooooooooooooooooo great.

I'm not putting it on the site tonight because I'm on a total sleep deficit and I'm fucking evil.

I'll give a heads-up here when I've got it up over at said site, sometime tomorrow evening.

HURRY UP!

Well, we're going to have a movie night starting soon, so that'll kill several hours of waiting...

/impatient wink.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 21 2007, 06:36 PM)

QUOTE (keaton @ Mar 21 2007, 07:25 PM)
    evil, Sheri, Pure Evil! (where's that little devil emoticon when you need her?)
    ^ ^
    biggrin.gif

Well she is currently the cutest puppy in HELL!

Edit: Cutest Little Puppy IN HELL!
    QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 21 2007, 06:36 PM)

Haha, this reminds me of Tim's audioplay with Andy as the guest character: "Awesome?"
    Haha! Yeah.