In this Discussion

Pepperdine April 13, 2007

edited November -1 in OK Go
Ok raise your hand if you are going to Pepperdine. Maybe we can plan a big meet and guard the front. Also We need to find out if they are going to allow cameras and what kind.

Comments

• I know you can't see it, but I'm raising my hand up really high! I got my tickets in the mail just minutes before going to the LMU show smile.gif

see you there!
  • Yeah I got my tickets right before LMU too. Im taking two of my kids to this one. The little one is dying to see Tim live.
  • That's fantastic! How old are your little ones, if you don't mind my asking?
  • QUOTE (weirdwolf76 @ Mar 19 2007, 12:45 PM)
    That's fantastic! How old are your little ones, if you don't mind my asking?

My oldest is 14 shes not going to this one because her school has a field trip to another college. My son is 12 and my youngest the Tim obsessed one is 8.
  • *raises hand*

I just got my tickets in the mail yesterday! Actually, they probably have been down there for a while, but since I'm almost never home I didn't open them up until yesterday. I'm so excited!
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 19 2007, 11:47 AM)
    My oldest is 14 shes not going to this one because her school has a field trip to another college. My son is 12 and my youngest the Tim obsessed one is 8.

I think it's so great that you've got a whole family of OK Go fans! I plan on taking my nieces and nephews to shows once they're old enough.

Now we're really going to have to hold the front so that your kids don't get hurt in the middle of any ensuing chaos that might take place.
  • The front seems to be the most dangerous, I think. Depending on the crazyness of fans, behind you of course. I have been smashed and smushed into the front barrier several times.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Mar 19 2007, 11:58 AM)
    The front seems to be the most dangerous, I think. Depending on the crazyness of fans, behind you of course. I have been smashed and smushed into the front barrier several times.

Yeah, I guess it really depends on the craziness of the fans, but I've found that at least you can hold on to the barricade/stage and brace yourself in the front, whereas being in the middle, you're being pushed around like a ragdoll. But I highly doubt it'll get that crazy....at least I'm hoping it's not smile.gif
  • QUOTE (weirdwolf76 @ Mar 19 2007, 01:03 PM)
    Yeah, I guess it really depends on the craziness of the fans, but I've found that at least you can hold on to the barricade/stage and brace yourself in the front, whereas being in the middle, you're being pushed around like a ragdoll. But I highly doubt it'll get that crazy....at least I'm hoping it's not smile.gif

I don't think it will get as bad as it got at LMU. The reason being this is a paid concert and people are going to be there that want to see okgo. LMU was full of drunk immature people who could care less about the band. They where there because it was free and the beer was cheap for students. If it gets bed we will move of course but my 14 year old and I survived My Chemical Romance two weeks ago. A fight even broke out and I grabbed her and put her out of harms way. I also kneed a huge guy in the ass that was shoving very petite 14-16 year old girls. All I know is that there security better not be bad like the crew at LMU. I have been working concert security for years and let me tell you they where the worse. When guys started doing there mosh crap all the gals around started pointing at them and trying to get the security's attention when they did finally come over all that security did was watch them until they stopped and of course they started doing it again. IM bringing a flash light to the next show too in case I have to get security's attention.
  • Amagad! Can I get them at Pepperdine straight up??? I didn't buy tickets yet! But I'll be going!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • *raises hand*

I'll be there! My tickets just came today. Woohoo I'm excited. This will be my third show and I still have yet to meet the guys. Hopefully this will be the one. I think I'll also be promoting the band on behalf of the Capitol Records Street Team there. What time are you all planning to get there?
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Mar 19 2007, 06:41 PM)
    Amagad! Can I get them at Pepperdine straight up??? I didn't buy tickets yet! But I'll be going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can still get the tickets at Pepperdine or any Ticketmaster location. If you know a student there they can get the tickets for 10 bucks otherwise they are 20 which is still a great price. Also Augustina is still playing but they arent advertising it because they are playing at another venue somewhere near there and can't advertise it until that one is over. I e-mailed the coordinator that is incharge and asked him about security, cameras and what other info he can give me so when I get these answers I will let you guys know.
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Mar 19 2007, 08:25 PM)
    *raises hand*

I'll be there! My tickets just came today. Woohoo I'm excited. This will be my third show and I still have yet to meet the guys. Hopefully this will be the one. I think I'll also be promoting the band on behalf of the Capitol Records Street Team there. What time are you all planning to get there?

I may get there around noon again and bring sack lunches for my kids and I. We will just hang out and get in line and see what I can get pictures of. They do not like pre-show pics to much but they did let me at LMU so we will see. Street Team wasnt there for the LMU one but they where selling stuff. I think they need to have a bigger sign for the merchendise table I do not think she sold much.
  • I am SO going to this show!

This will be my 1st OK GO show.

---littleroom
  • Oooo. Me too. Me too. I'm glad you started this thread Adrienne, otherwise I would have. It was great meeting fellow OK Go obsessed fans. laugh.gif I will try to make it as early as I can, especially since it'll be a Friday night with crazy traffic. We should all make some sort of similar sign so that we all know who eachother is. I hope the guys do a meet and greet afterwards. I plan on making them some treats. smile.gif

Littleroom, I hope this show will be fantasic since it'll be your first. And "Welcome" to the boards. This will be my 6th show!!
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 19 2007, 10:08 PM)
    Oooo. Me too. Me too. I'm glad you started this thread Adrienne, otherwise I would have. It was great meeting fellow OK Go obsessed fans. laugh.gif I will try to make it as early as I can, especially since it'll be a Friday night with crazy traffic. We should all make some sort of similar sign so that we all know who eachother is. I hope the guys do a meet and greet afterwards. I plan on making them some treats. smile.gif

Littleroom, I hope this show will be fantasic since it'll be your first. And "Welcome" to the boards. This will be my 6th show!!

We had a blast before, during and after the show. I look forward doing it over again. Anyone here know tha campus at all? I know its outside again.
  • yay! i'm going to this one too! I got my tickets last week already. So I know that they won't tell me to make a U-turn and go back home like LMU....=l hopefully I won't be too late to this one because I still have school. And it'll probably be interesting to meet everybody there since there is a lot of boardies going. biggrin.gif see you guys there!

I've been to Pepperdine several times but that was years ago so I forgot how the whole campus looks like... sadly
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 19 2007, 10:08 PM)

Thanks!

I wondered, is this show only The OK Go or are other bands performing that night?

I am so glad it is on a Friday so I don't have to work the next day.

--- littleroom
  • QUOTE (littleroom @ Mar 20 2007, 07:02 AM)
    Thanks!

I wondered, is this show only The OK Go or are other bands performing that night?

Augustina is playing as well.
  • QUOTE (littleroom @ Mar 20 2007, 06:02 AM)
    Thanks!

I am so glad it is on a Friday so I don't have to work the next day.

--- littleroom

OK Go, without the 'The'. laugh.gif Although there is a dance cover group on myspace called The OK Go-Go's.
    QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 20 2007, 06:19 AM)
    Augustina is playing as well.

Augustana. I feel like Damian correcting everyone's grammar and spelling mistakes. laugh.gif