In this Discussion

OK Go youtube awards!!!

edited November -1 in OK Go
i dunno if someone already made a thread for this but OK Go is nominated for the Youtube video awards...

vote here

Comments

• ooo i read an article about youtube awards and was totally thinking.. ok go better be nominated and then i forgot to check... and apparently they are - YAY! thanks for the link!
  • woot woot! i voted for ok go and the wired hyper active guy.
  • I made a thread about some YouTube awards a while ago, I guess not the same ones, but here's what they said:

YouTube Awards
    5. OK, stop: MTV turned 25 this year, but it became clear a long time ago that its programming doesn't have room for music videos anymore. YouTube's expanse is endless, of course, and the site turned a little-known power pop group into the music video sensation of the year. OK Go's video for "Here it Goes Again'' was made in one long take with the amateurish creativity that YouTube specializes in. Their playfully choreographed treadmill dancing was the most absurdly graceful thing of the year: YouTube saved the video star.
  • I just checked this morning and the guys are lagging behind some other video! Let's get voting people! You can vote once an hour!

OK, I was wrong. You don't only have to vote once an hour - you can vote more! SO DO IT!
  • Everytime I go to vote, Matt is in 1st place! Argh! So I think we should put Matt all the way at the bottom and OK Go at the top (of course!).

Keep voting!
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Mar 22 2007, 02:34 PM)
    Everytime I go to vote, Matt is in 1st place! Argh! So I think we should put Matt all the way at the bottom and OK Go at the top (of course!).

Keep voting!

heheh yeah i always do that... i wish there was a "go to bottom" button...

barf, and dancing matt is just so weird.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 22 2007, 03:48 PM)
    heheh yeah i always do that... i wish there was a "go to bottom" button...

barf, and dancing matt is just so weird.

i know im just like move down...move down...move down ugh

yeah im not really sure what kind of "dancing" dancing matt is doing ha ha
  • Edit: Said something dumb because I misread DJRose's post the first time LOL
  • I just had an over-one-hour voting spree... Help! I'm getting cross-eyed.

vote vote vote vote!
  • Seriously, this Matt person must be stopped. Every time I vote and refresh, he's still there taunting me!
  • AAH! So I voted and voted and on my fourth or fifth vote OK Go made it to #1! I like to think that it was me that booted them up, but something tells me that I'm not the only one voting right now..
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Mar 22 2007, 05:33 PM)
    AAH! So I voted and voted and on my fourth or fifth vote OK Go made it to #1! I like to think that it was me that booted them up, but something tells me that I'm not the only one voting right now..

Yes, you aren't the only person because for the last 30 minutes. I have been voting for them.
  • I'm voting too!! GahH!!!

BTW did you guys see that Free Hugs Campaign thing in the inspirational video? Amg, I cried :'( I have no idea why either, lol

Go hug someone today! smile.gif

AND VOTE FOR OKGO!

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Mar 22 2007, 10:34 AM)
    I think we should put Matt all the way at the bottom and OK Go at the top (of course!).

Keep voting!

OK Go is #1 so far. I've been voting for the past half hour. That dancing Matt is still in 2nd though. Ugh. Let's keep voting and push Matt to #10(move down, move down, move down, and repeat until in 10th spot) and OK Go to #1!!!!!!!
  • Was I the only one who saw a clip of HIGA on Good Morning America?
  • Maybe you all have figured this out already, but I think it's not enough to put dancing Matt at the bottom and OK Go at the top. I reverse the order on all of them (2 through 10). Most people are just going to put their favorite in the top spot and click submit, which will mean that whoever's in #2 will get a lot of #2 votes, possibly enough to out-seat what should really be #1 in the final tally. I'm probably over-analyzing this, but I can't help it.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 22 2007, 06:10 PM)
    Maybe you all have figured this out already, but I think it's not enough to put dancing Matt at the bottom and OK Go at the top. I reverse the order on all of them (2 through 10). Most people are just going to put their favorite in the top spot and click submit, which will mean that whoever's in #2 will get a lot of #2 votes, possibly enough to out-seat what should really be #1 in the final tally. I'm probably over-analyzing this, but I can't help it.

I thought the same thing. laugh.gif So next time I sit down to vote, I'll have to switch it up and move #2 to #10, #3 to #9, #4 to #8, and so on....
  • I'm horrible for saying this, but- it takes soooo long to do that. And I'm sooo lazy. I'll try though- just for Ok Go's sake, I'll try.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 22 2007, 07:34 PM)
    I'm horrible for saying this, but- it takes soooo long to do that. And I'm sooo lazy. I'll try though- just for Ok Go's sake, I'll try.

I have 3 computers at home and 3 kids voting lol. I will do it at work when I can too.
  • You people are kinda scary. And I mean that in a good way. image