In this Discussion

Trish Sie interview with okgocentral.com

edited November -1 in OK Go
I love this interview.

If I were to describe it in three words: substantial, touching, and hilarious.

http://okgocentral.com/TrishSieinterviewMarch07.html

Thanks for your patience--it took a lot longer tonight than I expected to get it formatted.

Go on, do it now!

And please leave comments here if you would. I'm itching to hear what people think!! smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif Maybe Trish will happen upon this thread and see your comments, too--that'd be cool.

Thanks smile.gif

Comments

• Oh Sheri, that was lovely. Thank you for getting that for us.

"Damian and Tim were these two little highly-coiffed, pegged-pants-and-Sebago-wearing, Run-DMC-listening coxcombs."

Who's House? RUN'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D I'm so lame.
  • well done, gal.

great job, keep up the good work, i'm proud of ya!

jackeroooooooooooooni
  • What a wonderfully entertaining, intelligent, and insightful interview! By far one of the best Ok Go related interviews I've ever read. Everyone who contributed asked such wonderful questions. Thank you Sheri and Thank you Trish!
  • ooo! that was so sweet! just so incredibly sweet! Trish is awesome and she and Damian are the perfect siblings smile.gif (she makes me wanna stop bickering with my 3 sisters, hehe)
  • wow that was absolutely brilliant.
    thanks a bunch sheri.
  • That's such a great interview! I love that she was so detailed in most of her responses.

Thanks for bringing that to us Sheri!
  • ah ha ha ha ha! I like how even the question I DIDn't ask got in there (sly Sheri). laugh.gif ...and Trish's response rolleyes.gif

really, I'm rather delighted and speechless; I think I need to cogitate on it for a few days.

**sneaky snookers...ah, that's who they are!
  • This is probably the best interview I've read, because of three things: 1.) the fans got to ask questions, 2.) the fans asked GOOD questions! and 3.) Trish was perfect for this and gave great, entertaining and detailed answers! This was an interview like no other. I'm so happy she did this. Plus--Way to make fans feel appreciated!

Please pass along our hearty THANKS to Trish! (Or maybe she'll read this)
  • Thanks so much, guys!

I'll pass on the warmth from you guys. smile.gif

Oh, and I may not have said this enough: thank you, you guys, for your great questions!!
  • Wow, Sheri, what a great interview! biggrin.gif My first reaction was that Trish and Damian's parents must be so proud of them. It's quite an accomplishment to raise two creative, intelligent, grounded, loving children. Trish sounds like a riot to be with. (Favorite quote: "...none of us had eaten all day and we were getting a little glassy-eyed-speak-in-tongues-low-blood-sugarish-overwhelmy.") I like how she thinks and talks - something I like about Damian as well. I love the brother/sister relationship stories, too. If you're reading this - Great job, Mr. & Mrs. K! biggrin.gif
  • sheri that's brilliant!!
    thank you so much smile.gif
    it was great that WE got to ask the questions this time, so it wasn't just the usual "who came up with the treadmill idea..?"

I'm loving the image of Damian with dreadlocks and all sorts of crap stuck in his hair. Can't you just see him breaking eggs over his own head..? biggrin.gif

well done sheri and trish, you've done us proud!!!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 23 2007, 09:20 AM)
    I'm loving the image of Damian with dreadlocks and all sorts of crap stuck in his hair.

Damian actually mentioned that once in an old interview:
    http://www.popzineonline.com/okgo.php

QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 23 2007, 12:22 AM)
    And please leave comments here if you would. I'm itching to hear what people think!! smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

I loved that interview, Sheri. Good job in getting that done and for sharing with us. Also, nice page formatting with photos interspersed througout. Trish is definitely an entertaining interviewee and the questions were so much more interesting than the usual ones that journalists (who don't know anything about OK Go) ask. My favorite:

Q: Do you know if Tim ever had a crush on you (the classic crush-on-best-friend’s-sister)? Was it expressed in classic love/hate fashion?

A: Wow. You guys are sick.

Too funny.
  • oh man! what a rad interview!

so much insight into the Kulash clan.

good job !
  • Cool, groovy, thanks biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 23 2007, 01:01 PM)
    Damian actually mentioned that once in an old interview:
    http://www.popzineonline.com/okgo.php

Cool--I've never come across that one before. It's great!

Thanks about the formatting. That stuff can be such a pissy process.
  • Damian: Can you think of anything embarrassing that’s happened onstage?
    Tim: Someone called me a fucking dork once.
    Damian: Someone called you a fucking dork once?
    Tim: Yeah, it was at a They Might Be Giants show.
    Damian: Oh. Oh, but see, that was funny though.
    Tim: I don’t think it’s funny. But of course he thinks it’s funny ‘cause he’s not getting called a fucking dork. Know what I’m saying?

omg, they have such awesome dialogue. thx, ihave7stars!
  • Sheri! You are all kinds of CrAzY aWeSoMe!!!!! Thank you so much for doing this. I totally spazzed out and forgot to send in my questions, but I'm glad most of them got in! I guess we all sorta think alike when it comes to anything related to OK Go!

And thanks to TRISH for answering all those awesome questions! You are truly a wonderful person!
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 23 2007, 02:01 PM)

PZO: For people who haven’t heard your music, how would you describe yourselves?

Damian: Uh, rock ‘n’ roll. Okay, you’re driving on a highway and there’s...it’s really too hot, kind of gross, and the person you’re with is smoking too much and you’re kind of disgusted by it, and then you notice that in the car next to you there’s someone just flying along in a convertible and is just like having the best time and their stereo is cranked; we’re on their stereo.

biggrin.gif
  • wow, I laughed out loud to every answer in that interview.

it might just be one of my new favorites.
  • If I could stop laughing about "Star Tart," I would more eloquently respond to the interview, but that was fucking great!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 24 2007, 09:47 PM)
    If I could stop laughing about "Star Tart," I would more eloquently respond to the interview, but that was fucking great!

haha they should put THAT on youtube