In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 6 2007, 07:11 PM)
    Darn, you guys figured it out before I could act all smart. laugh.gif I was just reading this conversation now, knew the answer from the start, and was thinking, "I hope no one figured it out, I hope no one figured it out ..." biggrin.gif Now I feel all fancy-pants for having heard that plainly early on--I thought everyone knew about it (?).

Dang, I've never heard the counting. I still can't. What's wrong with me?
    *listens again, really hard* Oh, wait, there they are. Just barely. Man, how could you hear that?

Will we be hearing "Paul is dead" on the next album, I wonder? ;D
    biggrin.gif

And I agree about Dan at the beginning of the album--sounds a lot like him to me.

I first thought it was the other DK, but now I agree, it's definitely Dan.

About J0rge, he and Damian met when they both worked at NPR in Chicago, I think. Damian was an engineer there for awhile. (He mentioned this in some interview.) And I think J0rge used to be a merch guy at their shows early on ... ?

I think Damian and Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore were neighbors at one point - don't know if that's how they met, or if they knew each other first. (All hail the collective knowledge of the board - we are our own mini-Wikipedia. On just the one subject. biggrin.gif )
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 10 2007, 01:55 AM)
    Dang, I've never heard the counting. I still can't. What's wrong with me?
    *listens again, really hard* Oh, wait, there they are. Just barely. Man, how could you hear that?

At first I thought it was a voice in my head blink.gif I can be so weird sometimes.
    Could it be louder on the british version of the CD or something?

I think Damian and Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore were neighbors at one point - don't know if that's how they met, or if they knew each other first. (All hail the collective knowledge of the board - we are our own mini-Wikipedia. On just the one subject. biggrin.gif )

That's what I thought - that they had been next door neighbors.
  • Yeah that's what I thought too. That Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and Damian were neighbors when they lived in Chicago.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 9 2007, 07:47 PM)
    T-dog, this isn't an answer to your question, but I got 4 tickets to this show in Section C Row V, seats 7-10, which by my count is about 16 rows back on Tim's side. NOT great, but there are a lot of seats further back than these, and at least I'll be there (and bring friends to convert).

I missed the presale!! ARGH!! When I checked ticketmaster Monday morning before work, it showed Indy going on sale that day at 10, but not Columbus. By the time I found out (about 2pm Monday), there were no GA pit tickets left (if they were available at all - sometimes those are set aside for fan club VIP and that kind of thing).

Did I ask if you wanted to go to this show? I'll feel REALLY bad if I didn't. sad.gif

I missed the presale as well. I wasn't planning on going to Columbus, but then I thought it would be fun, as it is on a Friday and I could peruse the city for the weekend (and obtain better memories, as I don't have the greatest of it due to a creepy ex). But then I realized that it was a sit-down only and I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. I tried ordering two tickets, but ticketmaster wouldn't let me so I attempted ONE, and I got row K, Andy-side. Damn, I probably should have went ahead and bought it, seeing how you would be there.

I think you DID ask me if I was going, but at the time I wasn't sure. If I am able to come across a decent seat, I'll go ahead and buy it and maybe see you there!
  • Anyone know where I can download the 'Million Ways' video from the internet?
    I'd like it on my phone, and since I can't convert it from my PC to my phone, I need to get it online... in WMP format if possible
    Thanks!
  • How did Milosh get involved w/ the band?
  • From the Unofficial Fanclub Myspace:

"well I first met ok go in 2001 when they were an unsigned band opening for They Might Be Giants.
    they were a young and eager bunch ready to take on the world. I was selling merch for the GIANTS at the time (which answers the next question) while a young lad known as Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore was selling ok go merch..
    that is when I met Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore as well. The tour was about a month long. Eventually I started to hang with the guys after shows being that I was a good ten years younger than any one in the giants touring entourage.
    soon after that ok go was sighed to capitol records..and the Hornblow group management company. After being a full time road warrior/ merch selling machine for about 13 months,(jan05-feb06) I now work full time out of the Hornblow group offices in new york."
  • QUOTE (crazyfrogg @ Mar 10 2007, 03:05 PM)
    Yeah that's what I thought too. That Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and Damian were neighbors when they lived in Chicago.

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. Can't remember where I heard/read that either about them being next-door neighbors, but since we're all convinced of it, it must have come from somewhere. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Mar 18 2007, 09:52 PM)
    From the Unofficial Fanclub Myspace:

"well I first met ok go in 2001 when they were an unsigned band opening for They Might Be Giants.
    they were a young and eager bunch ready to take on the world. I was selling merch for the GIANTS at the time (which answers the next question) while a young lad known as Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore was selling ok go merch..
    that is when I met Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore as well. The tour was about a month long. Eventually I started to hang with the guys after shows being that I was a good ten years younger than any one in the giants touring entourage.
    soon after that ok go was sighed to capitol records..and the Hornblow group management company. After being a full time road warrior/ merch selling machine for about 13 months,(jan05-feb06) I now work full time out of the Hornblow group offices in new york."

Milosh is thanked (as Mike Clark) on at least one TMBG album--as is Pete.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Mar 18 2007, 07:52 PM)
    From the Unofficial Fanclub Myspace:

they were a young and eager bunch ready to take on the world. I was selling merch for the GIANTS at the time (which answers the next question) while a young lad known as Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore was selling ok go merch..
    that is when I met Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore as well. The tour was about a month long. Eventually I started to hang with the guys after shows being that I was a good ten years younger than any one in the giants touring entourage.

Oooh thanks for this, as I was wondering what relation he had to the band.

But what does he do currently for Ok Go? Anything, or does he just work at Hornblow?
  • Runs their MySpace and I think helps with the store. Probably assorted duties ...

I've wondered for awhile if Pete & Milosh are exclusively OK Go guys or if they handle other bands (and subsequently their fans, haha), too. Anyone know?
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 18 2007, 09:11 PM)
    Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. Can't remember where I heard/read that either about them being next-door neighbors, but since we're all convinced of it, it must have come from somewhere. laugh.gif

This is from memory, that Damian mentions in an interview that J0rge is his best friend and was his neighbor in Chicago. I think it was in the Broadjam 4part interview, but again this is from memory. I've got a bunch of work to do today so I don't have time to research it, sorry (this is a good thing, since I work for myself - NOT starving this week -;D).
  • I happen to know that Mr. Milosh still does the occasional work for The Giants, but that Mr. Pete works pretty much exclusively for OK Go. He may take a call for The Giants, but he's basically there for OK Go. Both of them work out of the Hornblow offices.
  • Cool.

I want to mention here, as long as we're on the topic, that J0rge works there, too (I'm 99% sure he works in the offices with them). He lives in New York. A lot of people are convinced for some reason that he still lives in Chicago, but he doesn't. And he tells a hilarious story about moving to New York in a This American Life piece. Which can be heard here.

Sorry if talking about you like this weirds you out, J0rge--it's not intended ...
  • I also happen to know that J0rge does stop in to the office from time to time, but he's not there full time either. I'm not exactly sure who he works for.

Maybe he'd like to let us know at some point...
  • *BUMP*

For the new boardies, this is where you can ask all of your miscellaneous questions instead of creating a new thread. Just FYI. smile.gif
  • Ooh, I have a question ... *puts hand in air* ... pick me, pick me!

Where can I watch the guys on that UK sports show thingy that I've forgotten the name of ... Soccer FM is it?
    A mate told me about it and I so wanna see it

Ta
  • What kind of treadmill did ok go use in their HIGA video?
  • Damian said they used Vision Fitness treadmills.

I am somewhat certain they used this:

But there are like 30 of the treadmills on the site and they look alike. Haha.