In this Discussion

Pepperdine April 13, 2007

Comments

• QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 27 2007, 09:57 AM)
    I figured the signature would get a laugh.

Too funny--I chose the same moment for the screenshot on OK Go Central. biggrin.gif
  • I about fell out of my seat when I saw the look on his face.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 27 2007, 05:27 PM)
    I about fell out of my seat when I saw the look on his face.

laugh.gif yeah me too. they have to be tired of being called that by now.
    at least you'd think. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 26 2007, 09:52 PM)
    Thats a great place to be. LOL Damian might climb over you there too.

It's also a great place to view the AMW dance (if they do it *crosses fingers*) so that you get the action of both Dan and Damian.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 29 2007, 05:27 PM)

Thanks for that ih7s! I can't believe that they have to give away tickets for students to attend. ohmy.gif And it's only $10 for them!

Anyways, I just need to save up some money so that I can get OK Go in my backyard laugh.gif (but I probably need a backyard first dry.gif ).

While he cannot disclose the total amount paid to an artist, Student Activities Coordinator Dustin Vyers said the total budget for concerts is $30,000

EDIT: Let's just hope that the budget includes food for the bands and their crew...
  • 7 more days! And it's on Friday the 13th. ohmy.gif

Amberdino- Get to organizing!!!
  • AHH!!
    rocksugar i can't go!! sad.gif
    or else i totally would!
    sigh so sorry - but i promise i will next time!
    *wish i brought my car with me to college*
  • OK who is still going besides rocksugar and myself??????
  • This maybe pointless, but those who want to meet up at the venue and hold the front line, PM me and maybe we'll exchange numbers. Adrienne, I have yours so don't PM me. tongue.gif JK. You can if you want to, but again, it would be pointless.... biggrin.gif

Amberdino, sorry you cannot attend. sad.gif Yes, next time, smaller venue in LA. Let's hope for the Troubador.
  • i really want to go but i have no money and i dont wanna ask my parents

hopefully i can go next time

this really sucks...esp. since i wanted to get to know the pepperdine campus...im planning to go to college there.

sad.gif

ill cheer for them from my room.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 6 2007, 11:52 PM)
    OK who is still going besides rocksugar and myself??????

Me!! Along with my brother. Maybe we can all meet up?
  • ^^^ yay! I'm so excited someone else besides myself and bakersfield fan is attending. I was beginning to think us SoCal OK Go-ers were boring and not quite as fun as the Midwesterners laugh.gif

How early is everyone arriving??
  • I'M GOING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have an extra ticket too, because my friend couldn't go sad.gif but i want to ask this guy that i really like! but it's gonna be so bad because he'll see the WORST SIDE of me. LOL. like, i'll be foaming in the mouth and crying and twitching.... and i don't want him to know that i'm crazy yet so.... what shall i do? hahhaha
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 7 2007, 10:57 PM)
    I'M GOING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have an extra ticket too, because my friend couldn't go sad.gif but i want to ask this guy that i really like! but it's gonna be so bad because he'll see the WORST SIDE of me. LOL. like, i'll be foaming in the mouth and crying and twitching.... and i don't want him to know that i'm crazy yet so.... what shall i do? hahhaha
    Who knows, maybe he'll like the crazy side of you wink.gif

Don't forget to bring back tons of stories, guys!!
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 7 2007, 06:57 PM)
    I'M GOING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have an extra ticket too, because my friend couldn't go sad.gif but i want to ask this guy that i really like! but it's gonna be so bad because he'll see the WORST SIDE of me. LOL. like, i'll be foaming in the mouth and crying and twitching.... and i don't want him to know that i'm crazy yet so.... what shall i do? hahhaha

Don't you just hate that?!?

It might be fun. This lovely innocent guy will show up to the show with barbaratheninja and leave the show with crazy-fangirl-foaming at the mouth-crying-twitching barbaratheninja. It'd be interesting, at least, for him. laugh.gif And for those of us watching. tongue.gif

But, don't bring him if he'll inhibit you from having too much fun. Afterall this is your "last" OK Go show. (last is in quotation marks because I just don't believe it smile.gif)
  • well I'm going for sure!! and i can't wait til this coming friday!!! yay! =D
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 8 2007, 05:03 AM)
    But, don't bring him if he'll inhibit you from having too
    much fun

Very good advice. It's really hard when you're the most excited fan among the group, by miles and miles. I had two concerts like that--one was Paul McCartney and the other was OK Go back in September. After the PM concert, I realized that I'd been monitoring my excitement and behavior all night and felt a little let-down. In Hamburg, I had the foresight to warn the non-fans we were with, and tell them that I was going to go temporarily crazy and regret it later. That helped me to have fun in the moment, but now it feels strange that they saw me in that state. So, in my experience, there's something to be said for being choosy about who you bring.
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Apr 8 2007, 09:17 AM)
    So, in my experience, there's something to be said for being choosy about who you bring.

Yes, definitely!!
    I took 2 friends and my sister with me to the first OK Go show I went to; one friend understood the insanity and the other looked completely terrified. My little sister met the band with me and subsequently burst into tears, she was so overwhelmed by it, and Tim had to comfort her... so I didn't feel so crazy compared to her.

Last show I went to, I only brought the understanding friend. And that is the way it will always be from now on. No one else can really handle the "ahhhh I just hugged DAMIAN FUCKING KULASH!!!" side of me. Hehe biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 8 2007, 03:59 AM)
    Last show I went to, I only brought the understanding friend. And that is the way it will always be from now on. No one else can really handle the "ahhhh I just hugged DAMIAN FUCKING KULASH!!!" side of me. Hehe biggrin.gif

That is how I feel too. I usually bring my brother, who likes OK Go, but he knows that crazy side of me and is cool with it. He just laughs and thinks its funny. I'm bringing my co-worker/friend to this one and although she knows I love OK Go, she doesn't know the extent of it. So it is nice to be around others who are understanding to all your craziness because it makes you feel sane because they may be the same way. That is why I'm trying to get all of us together on this one. Being around eachother shouldn't make us feel crazy, but we would be "normal". laugh.gif