In this Discussion

April 13th - Pepperdine - Share your concert experience

edited November -1 in OK Go
I didn't see that anyone started a thread about tonight's show.

Please, allow me to have a moment here for just a second.

OMG!!!! DAMIAN IS SMOKIN' HOT! wub.gif

Okay, I feel better now.

I loved the show tonight. They are very good performers. What I was most impressed with was the crowd. I loved this crowd! I felt like one of the oldest ones there (I'm 33) but I still loved this crowd!

It was such a great show. They came out to the middle of the crowd and did an acoustic Million Ways. NICE! And I'd be interested in hearing from those who held Damian up during the crowd surf. smile.gif NICE!

I love this band!

--- littleroom

Comments

• Hey! I didn't see you there!

It was fucking short as fuck!! They didn't play DWYW! AND they censored Damian!!!!!!! AND we didn't meet them afterwards :'( Damian, Tim, and Andy just.. drove.. off..... sigh.

I loved Cavil at Rest! I hated Augustana, lol, because they were in the way of OKGO.

I missed Damian's angelic face, and I saw it again. I'm happy. I can die happily now.

I'm glad you had a good time smile.gif!!! I had fun too, there were so many hot boys there biggrin.gif Heheheheh

The show itself was good, too bad the speakers kept fucking up in the middle of the songs :/ But eh, it wasn't big, and I love them.

Dan has a belly now smile.gif I'll have pictures in a bit!
  • So how many boardies met up?! Was there some sort of boardie infestation? Or should I say, FAC! infestation wink.gif
  • What's FAC? .__. I'm too tired to think of words!

I met up with MY A&T GIRLS biggrin.gif:D:D Kimberly, Melinda, and Mia! I didn't know who else was there though :x but it was fun smile.gif

I uploaded some pictures of the concert, most of them are of Damian, my heart forever. Sigh. I just wanted to capture his cuteness! And I did.

lol I ran up to Dan in the beginning and he signed my shirt smile.gif I didn't get a picture because he was with his girlfriend and I don't wanna be a CB, 'na mean? smile.gif

Here's me and my fellow fanatic Willa:

But... uh.. I forgot that I jokingly put an OKGO sticker on my crotch. Ooopsie! I hope he didn't notice.

Yeah, so, here's all the pictures I took.

OKGO at Pepperdine, 4/13/07

Enjoy<33333333333333333333333333333333333
  • it was a great show but disappointing after since we didn't get to meet them when they only walked and drove right past us... thats sucks.

nice picture barbara.. haha i wonder who took it? =P

littleroom, were you there after they perform near the stage fence but not outside the fenced area? with the brown OK Go jacket and waiting for Dan? cause you know how you posted a picture in the other topic, i thought it was you.

i shouldn't have stand in the front. now i have this sound ringing in my right ear.
  • Littleroom, I'm glad you had fun! biggrin.gif

Barbara, your pictures are incredible! Wow - I love this one:

• ^^ Ah, look at the hot-osity....

Littleroom, glad you had a great time!
    Sorry you guys didn't get to meet them after tho... I spose they just wana rush off home, huh?

Censored Damian? But every other word he says is swearing!! How did he cope???
  • Yeah, dude.

One of his first songs was Don't Ask Me, and he said "don't waste my fucking time!" but then after the song, he was like, oh guys I have to say friggin now. And I was in the front row, so I yelled, "FUCK THAT!" biggrin.gif Tee hee.

And then...

he used "goodness" for HIGA.

Sigh. Well, Pepperdine IS a Christian school. So... well, when in Rome, right?

My throat is dead after screaming my lung out! I had to put one back in this morning :'(
  • Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the Pepperdine crew of workers got to go in the OKGO bus! sad.gif And we just stood outside the gate.... but somehow Damian and Tim managed to sneak out and they drove off. Sigh.

AH! And I forgot to add I met up with Rammy (rt802) but she's my RL friend, one from school, so it's assumed, right smile.gif Hi Rammy smile.gif Tell your sister thanks again for letting us follow her home!!
  • Yep, that was me! I was actually wearing a dark green jacket... but yeah, I was hanging around the fence hoping to meet Damian... but no. sad.gif

After they did their little acoustic number in the middle of the crowd Damian walked right by me. Okay, I'm a 33 year old woman running after Damian. wub.gif Sad! laugh.gif

I thought the show was a little short too. And I think since they were having some audio issues that the band seemed like they wanted to be on and off the stage. It felt a tad rushed. I'd love to see them again though. They have great energy.

Oh yeah, my hubby and I LOVE Tim!

--- littleroom

QUOTE (rt802 @ Apr 14 2007, 01:18 AM)
    littleroom, were you there after they perform near the stage fence but not outside the fenced area? with the brown OK Go jacket and waiting for Dan? cause you know how you posted a picture in the other topic, i thought it was you.
    i shouldn't have stand in the front. now i have this sound ringing in my right ear.
  • I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I had a hard time enjoying the concert. It had absolutely nothing to do with the guys performance, they did absolutely amazing of course. It was all the other factors going in that made it difficult. First, about an hour before the concert started waiting in line I got a sore throat which quickly let to full on sick. I could handle that, I have been to OK Go concerts sick before and managed and didn't affect my abilty to enjoy myself. This place had to make it difficult! The fog machines were pretty slow, barely putting out fog for the first two performers, but when it came to OK Go it was non-stop. Smoke + sore throat and sick = a whole lot of burning! I soon became irratable, and when anyone bumped into me I would shove them back.

That, plus the security gaurd up front was beyond rediculous. I put my purse on this barrier in front of me, something I do at almost every concert and no one EVER has a problem with it. Not this security guard. We set our drinks on the edge while we were situating ourselves, he came over and told us we had to move them. Barbara, god I love that girl said, "Why, they might spill and make the grass sticky?" to which he replied they could get the wires wet, and pointed kind of far away from where we were. And if a jacket was resting on it, oh no! You had to move it.

Basically, the best part of the night was being able to watch OK Go do their sound check. I mean, we were up by the stage watching them. It was pretty amazing. Showing Tim my tattoo, which I'm far too drugged up on cold medicine right now to remember what he said about it. And, getting another picture with Mr. A. Ross.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Apr 14 2007, 02:56 PM)
    I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I had a hard time enjoying the concert. It had absolutely nothing to do with the guys performance, they did absolutely amazing of course. It was all the other factors going in that made it difficult. First, about an hour before the concert started waiting in line I got a sore throat which quickly let to full on sick. I could handle that, I have been to OK Go concerts sick before and managed and didn't affect my abilty to enjoy myself. This place had to make it difficult! The fog machines were pretty slow, barely putting out fog for the first two performers, but when it came to OK Go it was non-stop. Smoke + sore throat and sick = a whole lot of burning! I soon became irratable, and when anyone bumped into me I would shove them back.

That, plus the security gaurd up front was beyond rediculous. I put my purse on this barrier in front of me, something I do at almost every concert and no one EVER has a problem with it. Not this security guard. We set our drinks on the edge while we were situating ourselves, he came over and told us we had to move them. Barbara, god I love that girl said, "Why, they might spill and make the grass sticky?" to which he replied they could get the wires wet, and pointed kind of far away from where we were. And if a jacket was resting on it, oh no! You had to move it.

Basically, the best part of the night was being able to watch OK Go do their sound check. I mean, we were up by the stage watching them. It was pretty amazing. Showing Tim my tattoo, which I'm far too drugged up on cold medicine right now to remember what he said about it. And, getting another picture with Mr. A. Ross.

Aw, what lame security. Sorry you're sick :/
    I was wondering if you'd gotten a chance to show them the tattoo!
    Show the pic w/Andy!
    Sorry to hear it was a bummer night sad.gif Next time will be better!
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Apr 14 2007, 07:56 PM)
    I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I had a hard time enjoying the concert. It had absolutely nothing to do with the guys performance, they did absolutely amazing of course. It was all the other factors going in that made it difficult. First, about an hour before the concert started waiting in line I got a sore throat which quickly let to full on sick. I could handle that, I have been to OK Go concerts sick before and managed and didn't affect my abilty to enjoy myself. This place had to make it difficult! The fog machines were pretty slow, barely putting out fog for the first two performers, but when it came to OK Go it was non-stop. Smoke + sore throat and sick = a whole lot of burning! I soon became irratable, and when anyone bumped into me I would shove them back.

aww I'm sorry! sad.gif

I too would like to see the picture!
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 14 2007, 07:40 AM)

awesome pics!

sucks that u guys couldn't meet the band

they should really play a smaller venue,
  • Seriously....

wub.gif

I love this man. (Shhh... don't tell my husband).

• QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Apr 14 2007, 12:56 PM)

Sucks to be you tongue.gif

No, I'm just kidding wub.gif Sore throats are a pain in the neck!

QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Apr 14 2007, 12:56 PM)

Just focus on the awesome parts of that night. Do you know anyone else who showed off their tattoo to Tim?! I think not! You're awesome Tabatha. And I'm sure taking another picture with Mr. FBI can make anyone smile biggrin.gif
  • YEAH. WTF. The security guy was totally on a totally fucked up power trip. He had SAMC (Short Asian Man Complex) which has symptoms of lots of yelling, feeling super important, and being totally faggy. He just wanted to push people around. He probably felt powerful, even though he was as tall as up to my nipples. Oh well. lol, but, I did leave my jacket on the rail and he gave it back to me, so, I guess I can't be too mean to him. So I won't call him ugly. smile.gif

I recently bought a nice new camera, so I didn't know that the video quality was the highest, and I recorded with that, so now I have like 300megs per video. And they're really pretty and large, except it'll be impossible to share with everybody :'(

Do you know why Damian's so hot? He looks SO YOUNG! He's like what, 31? When is his birthday? He has no wrinkles, his head is still full of luscious locks, and he's still rockstar thin. SEXY.
  • Tabbykins, when did you show Tim your tattoo??? What did he say?? If I get one in my inner thigh, do you think I could show them too? tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif I didn't know you had a sore throat :'( You sounded perfectly sexy, even at the end!
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 15 2007, 12:03 AM)
    Do you know why Damian's so hot? He looks SO YOUNG! He's like what, 31? When is his birthday? He has no wrinkles, his head is still full of luscious locks, and he's still rockstar thin. SEXY.

Well I think most 31 yr olds tend to look this way. Did you think that 31 is so old that they'd be all wrinkly by then? tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 14 2007, 12:40 AM)
    What's FAC? .__. I'm too tired to think of words!

FAC!=Fucking Awesome Club!
    Sheri and I were just throwing out some T-shirt ideas on what to call this board. tongue.gif
    http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...=2574&st=30

QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 14 2007, 12:40 AM)
    Yeah, so, here's all the pictures I took.

Oh Barbara, those pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • lol, I dunno, white guys usually age really fast. Like, highschoolers look like they're 25 already. And they're actually 15. Damian looks 17. Forever. Innocent and pure <3 even though he swears like a mofo.

I didn't like this concert very much ._. after all the previous fucking awesome shows.. this was a let down. Not the band's fault, of course! A lot of the circumstances sucked. But, we still saw them. And that's worth it. Sigh<3