In this Discussion

New interview with Damian and Tim

2»

Comments

• Ahhh, so that's why they have 9027 km. Hmm. The story's not quite as romantic as I had hoped but, oh well. happy.gif
    I buy albums, Damian!!!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 15 2007, 01:06 PM)
    Haha! I can imagine it being like that too. But it has to be Tim saying it. And he has to be sitting in a bit black leather chair, with his back facing the Capitol Records person. He should be stroking a fluffy white cat too.

The other option is Damian, frantically pacing up and down the room going "No! No no no no NO!!!" a lot like a child having a tantrum.

OR!!!! Andy and Dan saying "yeah... we're doing it our way..." and then running off to avoid pens being thrown at them.

Oh god why do I make up this crap??

laugh.gif I love these!!
    Ooh, they talk about 9027KM.

Wow. blink.gif

Actually, I think their reason for doing it is awesome.

Far cooler than all the romantic theories.

Mess with Capitol.

Excellent.
  • I hope they don't cover Gigantic. I don't want to hear Gigantic without Kim Deal singing. And the song really doesn't make any sense for a guy to sing it. But I have hope, from Damian's comment that they might do something from Come On Pilgrim instead. Yeah, I would definitely like to hear OK Go do Levitate Me!
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Apr 16 2007, 02:02 AM)
    I appreciate your imagination, and I know you're just having fun with this, but I have to say that none of those scenarios sounds right to me. I don't think of them as sinister or petulant or mischievous. I just imagine them saying it seriously and directly; saying it with every thing they do.

Oh, totally, in reality I know they're nothing like that. They're just sort of... caricatures.

But I reckon Tim is sinister. Deep down. He just hides it well. wink.gif

Sheri - I live to make you laugh, darlin' !
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Apr 17 2007, 02:39 PM)
    I hope they don't cover Gigantic. I don't want to hear Gigantic without Kim Deal singing. And the song really doesn't make any sense for a guy to sing it. But I have hope, from Damian's comment that they might do something from Come On Pilgrim instead. Yeah, I would definitely like to hear OK Go do Levitate Me!

Agreed. I died a little inside when I heard Tim singing Kim's part on Wave of Mutilation.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 17 2007, 02:52 PM)
    Oh, totally, in reality I know they're nothing like that. They're just sort of... caricatures.

Of course. Understood! And I do like your imagination.
  • I tried the link but they've exceeded bandwidth. Can anyone fill me in on the 9027 and Pixies discussions?
  • 9027 KM - They created an empty track to completely use up all the space on the CD, so that Columbia couldn't add copy protection software to the disc.

Pixies - They might do Gigantic for the upcoming Pixies tribute disc, but might do something from Come On Pilgrim instead.
    9027 KM - They created an empty track to completely use up all the space on the CD, so that Columbia couldn't add copy protection software to the disc.

Pixies - They might do Gigantic for the upcoming Pixies tribute disc, but might do something from Come On Pilgrim instead.

Wow, you get right to the point! I like it! wink.gif
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Apr 19 2007, 12:52 AM)
    9027 KM - They created an empty track to completely use up all the space on the CD, so that Columbia couldn't add copy protection software to the disc.

Thanks, RKP!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 19 2007, 05:47 PM)
    Thanks, RKP!

You're welcome!

(Except I meant Capitol, not Columbia! image)