In this Discussion

question about the cd- oh no

edited November -1 in OK Go
okay so i just got the new cd
and as i was listneing to all of then i came across the 14th track
now all i heard was silence all the way through...
so i thought it was avideo
but i can't see it i only hear it

please help

Comments

• QUOTE (Martha @ Apr 10 2007, 08:51 PM)
    okay so i just got the new cd
    and as i was listneing to all of then i came across the 14th track
    now all i heard was silence all the way through...
    so i thought it was avideo
    but i can't see it i only hear it

please help

Before someone rudely tells you this, I would like to direct you to some previous threads of this topic: http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=1552

We are not too sure what it is, but there are a lot of theories. What is your guess at it?

There is no video on it either. It's just a 30 min audio track.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Apr 10 2007, 08:57 PM)
    Before someone rudely tells you this, I would like to direct you to some previous threads of this topic: http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=1552

We are not too sure what it is, but there are a lot of theories. What is your guess at it?

There is no video on it either. It's just a 30 min audio track.

i know im sorry
    it will never happen again
  • Don't be sorry. It's a valid question. I'm just glad your interest in the band and their music brought you to this board.

Oh and if you have any other questions, you should post them in this thread instead of making a new topic: Don't Ask Me Thread- Questions from Newbies

EDIT: Oh and "Welcome" Martha! biggrin.gif
  • Welcome Martha!

Very gracious, Angela and Mia. Nice job spreading the OK Go love. smile.gif
  • Welcome aboard Martha! I hope you stick around and have fun on here.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Apr 10 2007, 11:57 PM)

Well, Damian has said himself that it's a recording of his wife sleeping. So that part isn't a mystery.
  • We mostly just don't know why the track is there... It supposedly has a purpose but it only works because nobody knows what that purpose is. It's a secret. wink.gif
  • A couple people have found out, but they're sworn to secrecy.
  • I forgot to say welcome. Welcome Martha!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 11 2007, 03:55 PM)
    A couple people have found out, but they're sworn to secrecy.
    Well, yeah. I figured it wasn't worth mentioning though, since those who do know aren't allowed to say anything... doesn't help Martha's question much. tongue.gif
  • Welcome, Martha! You'll like it here. smile.gif

QUOTE (Angela87 @ Apr 10 2007, 10:57 PM)

I like that thread. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 11 2007, 07:03 PM)
    Welcome, Martha! You'll like it here. smile.gif
    I like that thread. wink.gif

You really wanted to figure this track out, didn't you? I don't think I would've thought of making the connection between L.A. and Sweden.

I read something on YouTube that seemed like the most logical answer to this mysterious track. So I'm gonna stick with that until proven wrong dry.gif
  • Martha, you might not have read the other thread or listened to the recent OK Go interview, where Damian answers that question. Basically, they added a whole lotta nothing, in order to entirely fill up all the available space on a CD. Because they did this, their label Capitol wasn't able to add some nasty copy protection software that they wanted to add to the disc. Remember when it came out that Sony was using something like this? The CD would install a rootkit on your computer as soon as you put it in a drive. Rootkits can be very very bad, and definitely make your computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks. So, big KUDOS to OK Go for outsmarting the asshole corporate suits.
  • QUOTE (rkpetersen @ Apr 17 2007, 12:00 PM)
    Martha, you might not have read the other thread or listened to the recent OK Go interview, where Damian answers that question. Basically, they added a whole lotta nothing, in order to entirely fill up all the available space on a CD. Because they did this, their label Capitol wasn't able to add some nasty copy protection software that they wanted to add to the disc. Remember when it came out that Sony was using something like this? The CD would install a rootkit on your computer as soon as you put it in a drive. Rootkits can be very very bad, and definitely make your computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks. So, big KUDOS to OK Go for outsmarting the asshole corporate suits.

I very much agree, I love them for thinking of that! They're amazing!
  • Yea, totally. They are so completely Robin Hoods. I mean, steal from the rich and give to the poor kind of people.

GOD. THEY ARE SO GENEROUS AND KIND smile.gif They had the balls to stand up against the big bad Capitol. Very ballsy.

Welcome Martha, don't eeeeeven trip! smile.gif I gotchur back.