In this Discussion

Hatin' on our boys

Comments

• YEAH I DO! What's it to you??
  • Not much, that's why everyone stopped posting about it over a month ago.
  • I agree. Everyone's forgotten about it. OK Go is rakin' in the cash. If you bring it up, you're only reminding people of what happened. Let bygones be bygones. People have different tastes. People say stupid things.

Que sera, sera.
  • Exactly. The band doesn't care, why should we.
  • Well, OK Go's obviously too busy to care, so I'll care for them. Forever.
  • uhhhh OK

I really don't mean to be rude but doesn't that seem a little unnecessary?
  • She's being facetious. wink.gif

And so am I when I say that NYers can win free tickets to see Hinder:
    http://www.timeout.com/newyork/static_cont...yfreestuff.html
    If I win, I may try to get my picture taken with Hinder and hold up OK Go stickers without them noticing or put the stickers on their backs or hang OK Go posters everywhere. Just kidding! See? Being facetious. tongue.gif

I honestly don't think OK Go cares, but Damian did have a great, subtle quote:
    http://www.kcchronicle.com/articles/2007/0...26020549944.txt

We were in San Francisco, eating at this awful restaurant. And the radio’s playing junk, just like Hinder or Creed or whatever. And it’s one of those moments where you’re like, “well, things might be bad for us sometimes, but I’m glad we’re not one of those bands.” And then, “Here It Goes Again” comes on and I’m like, “Awwwww, man ...”
  • I'll hate Hinder if I want to. And I'll add meaningless posts to a dead thread if I want to. So what!

smile.gif 7stars, you are so cute! I had to look up "facetious", though. Thanks for the links smile.gif It makes me feel better that they're not taking this lying down.
  • Sometimes it's difficult to get sarcasm on the internet, but with her previous comments, it honestly sounded more obsessive about something that happened a while ago, rather than sarcastic.

I'm pretty much beating a dead horse, but still, I just think it's a little unnecessary to resurrect a minor band feud that happened back in September. And whether we're just making facetious comments to other people's questions about why one is bringing back a dead topic or not, seems a tad unnecessary.

(Looking at this, it seems a little hypocritical to argue about an argument, but still...)
  • The end point is that I wanted to put in my 40 cents about this particular topic. You don't have to respond to this thread if you don't want to discuss it.

Jeez, you made this such an awkward thread now. I thought we're supposed to be on the same side.
  • How is Amy on Hinder's side? All she's saying is that it's pretty much a giant waste of time to worry about one snide comment made in SEPTEMBER that the band barely responded to and obviously isn't worth caring about.
  • Exactly. It wasn't a big deal then and it's not a big deal now.

"Same side?" Jesus, this isn't elementary school. I'm sorry, I'm sure you're perfectly nice and great and all that and I understand you're think that you're supporting OK Go, but support the band by listening to their music and going to see their shows. You're not making yourself a music martyr or any better a fan by "taking their side" on an argument that happened half a year ago.

And that's that. I feel ridiculous arguing about an argument on a music message board when I should be studying for my exam finals (yeahyeah procrastination), so that's my last say.
  • EXACTLY! Both of you didn't have to ridicule and go on forever about my one fucking small post about something I still care about.

Jeez! I didn't read this board for a while and I was looking at the past pages. I remembered this thread and just checked out what was going on. After reading the old posts, I had a surge of hate again. And I posted like, what, 2 sentences? But you had to be bitchy about my one little comment.

And I don't think you're on Hinder's side, I thought we were on the same side in general. Like, you don't have to scoff or belittle my opinion. Fuck. I didn't say, HEY TONETOILE AND MIXTAPE I STILL HATE HINDER! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THAT!? You guys jumped on me. I'm just defending myself.

We'll agree to disagree.
  • Jesus, calm down. I was just surprised that it was still an issue for people. Trust me, that wasn't ridicule.
  • 7stars, I think you should do it for real. I'll buy you a sandwich if you do it.
    And I also love that Damian quote.

I got that Barbara was being facetious.

I understand Kay and Amy's point, though, and pretty much agree (although I also resurrected the thread a couple months ago ... however, I did it to say that I also hate when people use the word "gay" as a pejorative, not talk about Hinder ... however, it of course started the Hinder bitching again ...)

That said, I wanted to mention that Hinder's new song is about OK Go!!
    It's called "Better Than Me."

laugh.gif laugh.gif *slaps knee* (Really, it is called that, though)
  • I don't see how her wanting to post on this thread is any more a waste of time than the energy you two are expending in berating her for doing so.

When she made the comment about being on the same side, she wasn't meaning it in a her and OK Go vs you and Hinder way, she meant it in a, why can't we respect each other enough as fellow boardies to not bash each other about meaningless things. Unlike you, she wasn't saying anything bad about anyone here. If you don't like the thread don't read it.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 19 2007, 07:31 PM)
    That said, I wanted to mention that Hinder's new song is about OK Go!!
    It's called "Better Than Me."

laugh.gif laugh.gif *slaps knee* (Really, it is called that, though)

Sheri, that's classic! Thanks for bringing some levity to this thread.
  • Berating? Are you kidding me? I never said I had anything against the thread or people posting in it, I just think it's silly to think we're doing the band any favours by reminding everyone about the Hinder comment or getting upset.
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ Apr 19 2007, 09:33 PM)
    Sheri, that's classic! Thanks for bringing some levity to this thread.

I try to levitate whenever possible.

Edit: Whoa, President of the United Boards of OK Go! That's an exciting level!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 19 2007, 10:34 PM)
    I try to levitate whenever possible.

Oh, man!! My best friend's brother, who's seriously really good at magic tricks, was macking on all these girls at the OK Go/Snow Patrol show in Toronto, and he LEVITATED for them! It was the coolest.