In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (crashtheparty @ Apr 14 2007, 02:42 PM)
    okay, this is more of a.."you know your friend is obsessed when", since technically this was her doing this and not me, but hypothetically...YKYOW...

so earlier me and my friend were walking through the park. there were these guys on the grass part that we were walking past, and i guess they were playing frizbee or something, but we couldnt tell at this point. anyway, one of them was repeatedly shouting "GO. GO. GO. GO. GO. GO..." at one of the others, and in between each of the 'go's my friend shouted back "OK. OK. OK. OK. OK...". it took me a while to get what she was doing - at first i just thought she was agreeing with him laugh.gif

hahhaha that would so be me doing that! tongue.gif
  • OK, one..the OK Go tattoo--amazing, when I can legally get one and I am old enough and have enough money that when my parents disown me for getting one I don't go broke, I'm getting an OK Go tattoo.

two, I'm not sure if someone said this becuase I didn't feel like going through 15 pages, but you know you're obsessed when the merch guy remembers you from previous concerts.
    Also when you meet one of the guys from the OK Go crew and he actually knows who you are from the million and 2 emails you sent him.
    Thirdly (if that's a word), you feel like you missed something important over the summer with your non-OK Go obsessed friends because you spent your entire summer practicing The Million Ways dance with your OK Go obsessed friends.

*sorry if these are repeats, I just really didn't feel like going through all of these pages.
  • YKYOW you're doing a project on the 1960s, and you slip subtle OK Go references all throughout.

Oh and also! YKYOW you have a fire drill at school, hear someone say "There's a fire," and shout out "That's the name of an OK Go song!!" as you jump up and down wearing your treadmill shirt, red pants that you call your Damian pants, and shoes that you call your Dan shoes.
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Apr 19 2007, 05:15 PM)
    YKYOW you're doing a project on the 1960s, and you slip subtle OK Go references all throughout.

I've done that before!
  • YKYOW your sister looks at you and says "Oh"
    And you both burst into "So now you're headed to your car...!"
    I've made her just as obsessed as me. It's wonderful smile.gif

And I got my mum to put Don't Ask Me on her mixed tape for the car. The only line she knows is "don't waste my fucking time" so she and I turn it right up and shout it out of the windows as we drive alone a busy road... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 19 2007, 05:13 PM)
    YKYOW your sister looks at you and says "Oh"

And I got my mum to put Don't Ask Me on her mixed tape for the car. The only line she knows is "don't waste my fucking time" so she and I turn it right up and shout it out of the windows as we drive alone a busy road... biggrin.gif

Hahaha thats great, wish my mom would let me play OK Go in the car. but nnoooo she has to listen to shitty music. blink.gif

I still haven't accomplished my mission.... My best friend is only a normal fan and not obsessed yet.....

But I have managed to recruit a " Damian is Hot Fan" laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Apr 19 2007, 12:15 PM)
    Oh and also! YKYOW you have a fire drill at school, hear someone say "There's a fire," and shout out "That's the name of an OK Go song!!" as you jump up and down wearing your treadmill shirt, red pants that you call your Damian pants, and shoes that you call your Dan shoes.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 19 2007, 05:13 PM)

I will be that mom one day. I'm making that vow now. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 19 2007, 03:13 PM)

Haha, this is hilarious.
  • I just thought I'd join in on this thread... since I am totally addicted now. (begins twitching).

Oh yeah, and Damian is so damn hot! laugh.gif

--- littleroom
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 19 2007, 03:13 PM)

Haha, that's great! I've gotten my family a bit into them, but not quite enough for them to do that.
  • Haha! Glad you guys approve of my family... Both my sisters love OK Go, the 9 year old one (who insisted on joining the JC lol) is like a mini-me so she's obsessed. And my mom likes them, but not overly. She's got Get Over It on her mixed tape now as well, she sings along to that in the car too. laugh.gif

But when I first showed my mom and a friend of our family a picture of Damian, saying "this is my future husband. He doesn't know it yet tho", they both said that he looks like my Dad when he was young. I screamed at them to shut up and go away and they are not allowed to look at pictures of the Kulash anymore. Grrr dry.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 21 2007, 06:57 AM)
    But when I first showed my mom and a friend of our family a picture of Damian, saying "this is my future husband. He doesn't know it yet tho", they both said that he looks like my Dad when he was young. I screamed at them to shut up and go away and they are not allowed to look at pictures of the Kulash anymore. Grrr dry.gif

Bahahaha!! That made me lol laugh.gif . I hope your mom's comment didn't scar you too bad.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 21 2007, 04:04 PM)
    Bahahaha!! That made me lol laugh.gif . I hope your mom's comment didn't scar you too bad.

I decided that she can't have been wearing her contact lenses or something.
    And erm... the friend is wrong.

Argh the annoying thing is, I know they're sort of right.
    My dad's hair is like Damian's. And I guess they look the teensy tiniest bit alike.
    But still, what a kill. sad.gif
  • At least you can say that your mom has great taste in men smile.gif
  • That is true
    He plays guitar too.
    He's been in rock bands his whole life.
    He's also fairly arrogant in a jokey kind of way and is left-wing/liberal

The similarities between my Dad and Damian, whom I love in a completely different way (I'm sure you get my meaning), scare me IMMENSELY. unsure.gif
  • Gosh, Electra, what with all the similarities, I hope you don't start thinking your dad is hot! wacko.gif
  • I just saw OK Go for the seventh time in Minneapolis the couple of weeks ago. It ceases to amaze me how good they continually get. A new album is definatley in need!
  • I just saw OK Go for the seventh time in Minneapolis the couple of weeks ago. It ceases to amaze me how good they continually get. A new album is definatley in need!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 21 2007, 07:57 AM)
    Haha! Glad you guys approve of my family... Both my sisters love OK Go, the 9 year old one (who insisted on joining the JC lol) is like a mini-me so she's obsessed. And my mom likes them, but not overly. She's got Get Over It on her mixed tape now as well, she sings along to that in the car too. laugh.gif

Wow, I would be waaaay traumatized! I'm already traumatized when I find a guy attractive and my mother's like "he's getting really good-looking isn't he" and I'm like "OH GOD!"

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 21 2007, 08:51 AM)
    That is true
    He plays guitar too.
    He's been in rock bands his whole life.
    He's also fairly arrogant in a jokey kind of way and is left-wing/liberal

The similarities between my Dad and Damian, whom I love in a completely different way (I'm sure you get my meaning), scare me IMMENSELY. unsure.gif

Haha, Oedipal Syndrome.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Apr 21 2007, 10:37 PM)
    Gosh, Electra, what with all the similarities, I hope you don't start thinking your dad is hot! wacko.gif

QUOTE (hyannah77 @ Apr 22 2007, 03:04 AM)
    Wow, I would be waaaay traumatized! I'm already traumatized when I find a guy attractive and my mother's like "he's getting really good-looking isn't he" and I'm like "OH GOD!"
    Haha, Oedipal Syndrome.

Ew ew ew ew ew ew ewwwwwwww
    Please guys, I just got over the traumatic experience...

My mom and I find the same kinda guys attractive, she likes Johnny Depp etc...
    That's not a problem.
    And apparently, girls often go for men who remind them of their fathers. And guys go for women who remind them of their mothers. Genetic make up type situation. But it's a subconscious thing - when I'm watching Damian I don't think of my Dad. Ewww no.

Anyway, there are a lot of differences too.
    I'm not a freak. Honest. unsure.gif

And Hannah - the oedipal syndrome is men falling in love with their mothers.
    The female equivalent - and I kid you not - is called the Electra Complex. So I was basically screwed from birth... laugh.gif