In this Discussion

Win Invite Only Tickets to see OK Go (yet again and again)

Comments

• Yay Theresa! Take thousands of pictures of Andy for me! Have Fun!!!
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Apr 23 2007, 09:04 AM)
    Yes! I'm going to this show!! biggrin.gif I got ticket vouchers from Jack Daniel's AND from the Juggling Club (although they just notified me and didn't send any vouchers yet.) A couple of questions for past JD show attendees: How early did you have to get there? and Is there an opening band? and Do the guys usually hang out afterwards?

How are you going to top the drums experience? Whatever happens, I can't wait to find out! Is this your first OK Go show with your husband?

Edit: Whatever you do, make sure lots of angels get their wings!!! wink.gif
  • yay! yeah, I third that- take lots of pics!
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Apr 23 2007, 04:04 PM)
    Yes! I'm going to this show!! biggrin.gif I got ticket vouchers from Jack Daniel's AND from the Juggling Club (although they just notified me and didn't send any vouchers yet.) A couple of questions for past JD show attendees: How early did you have to get there? and Is there an opening band? and Do the guys usually hang out afterwards?

as for the hanging out....i guess each night is different....but if it's a club setting your chances are much better....good luck and have a great time!

j
  • I wish I had some words of advice for you, dietpepsi, but I don't. Just have a great time! I'm sure you will. You're a fun person. We'll share stories on Monday!
  • AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just talked to Damian! This was ridiculously lucky and only mildly stalkerish. He was IN FRONT OF ME at the Starbucks by my house! biggrin.gif It was very quick and I hope I didn't bother him but here's the story:

As I've mentioned, the Jack Daniel's show tonight is really close to my house. The friend I'm going with called me and said she wasn't sure if she could still go because she wasn't feeling well. She works downtown in my city so I decided to drive to her work and talk her into it. I parked and went into her store, but she wasn't there, so I decided to walk around. As I was crossing the street, Damian walks right past me on the left really fast, headed straight for the Starbucks! He was talking on the phone. I was right behind him as we got to the door. I walked up to the counter behind him - and let me stress BEHIND. I *almost* took a camera phone picture, but I couldn't take a chance of it being too loud!! (sorry angels!) rolleyes.gif He had on a green long-sleeved lightweight sweater and two-toned black striped pants.

He ordered two cups of something and then stepped to the side. I asked for a diet pop and the guy told me they don't sell it, so I got a bottle of iced tea. Damian was on the phone still! So I casually sat down and waited for him to get off the phone, but he got the coffees, put some sugar in them, all the while on the damn phone. And then he started for the door! So, he was juggling two cups of coffee and talking on the phone, but I couldn't just let him get away like that! I stood up and smiled and got his attention as he was walking by.

Him: (to phone call) Just a minute. (to me) Hi.
    Me: I'm so sorry - I don't mean to bother you. Look at me bothering you...
    Him: Oh...
    Me: I just wanted to say I'm a big fan and I have tickets for tonight's show.
    Him: That's great. See you tonight.
    Me: OK. Bye. *wave*

So, tonight when I see him, I can say, "Hey, I saw you in Starbucks today!" cool.gif Maybe then he'll remember me. He never seems to, but that honestly doesn't bother me at all. He meets millions of people and has circled the globe several times in the past couple years, so why should he remember me?

Anyway! That's my great news!!! And my friend *is* going to the concert with me tonight! YAY!!
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Apr 24 2007, 11:44 AM)
    AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just talked to Damian! This was ridiculously lucky and only mildly stalkerish. (Well, you tell me...) He was IN FRONT OF ME at the Starbucks by my house! biggrin.gif

Holy shit! I couldn't even read further that was just too exciting! I"m so glad you're going to this, Lady Tea. If there's anyone who deserves to go, it's you! Ok, sorry, I"ll finish reading the rest of your lovely post now.
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Apr 24 2007, 08:44 PM)
    AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just talked to Damian! This was ridiculously lucky and only mildly stalkerish. (Well, you tell me...) He was IN FRONT OF ME at the Starbucks by my house! biggrin.gif It was very quick and I hope I didn't bother him but here's the story:

blink.gif You know, I think if that happened to me, I'd throw up. Maybe not, but gaaaahhhh. mellow.gif
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Apr 24 2007, 02:44 PM)
    AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just talked to Damian! This was ridiculously lucky and only mildly stalkerish. (Well, you tell me...) He was IN FRONT OF ME at the Starbucks by my house! biggrin.gif It was very quick and I hope I didn't bother him but here's the story:

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

OH MY G-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be screaming for you right now if I wasn't at work!!!!!! But my internal monologue is shouting and squeeing from the rooftops! And I'm semi-jumping in my chair.

Awesome. (I hope he wasn't bothered, but you don't seem like you were all that bothersome)
    I walked up to the counter behind him - and let me stress BEHIND.

LOL! laugh.gif Terrific story! I always like stories when it's outside of the normal concert setting. And stalkerish, schmalkerish -- you would have kicked yourself for not checking out all those places. And even though you didn't, I can totally picture you offering to help him carry his coffee back to wherever he was going since that's what Girl Scouts are supposed to do -- they offer help.

DK: So uh...where are you going?

DPD: Where are you going?

DK: I'm going back to the hotel.

DPD: That's where I'm going.
  • Theresa!!! How exciting is that?!?! Too cool. You are going to have so much fun tonight. Nothing like a chance encounter (the second was a coincidence, in my opinion) to get you psyched out for tonight's show. Ack!

P.S. I've got to see a show in the midwest. You guys always have the best experiences!

P.P.S. You are SO from Michigan; you say "pop." I find it very charming!! My friend Barbara says that, too, even though she's lived here a long time (she is from right outside of Detroit). We say "soda" here in California.
    Maybe then he'll remember me. He never seems to, but that honestly doesn't bother me at all. He meets millions of people and has circled the globe several times in the past couple years, so why should he remember me?

Ha, I was re-reading (because otherwise my life is Bo-ring) and I thought -

"You don't know me at all, but don't think that it bothers me at all. You're a bad habit Starbucks drinker baby but You're So Damn Hot."

And now I can barely contain the giggles.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Apr 24 2007, 03:08 PM)
    And even though you didn't, I can totally picture you offering to help him carry his coffee back to wherever he was going since that's what Girl Scouts are supposed to do -- they offer help.

Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't say that!! If only he wasn't still on the phone!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 24 2007, 03:18 PM)
    "You don't know me at all, but don't think that it bothers me at all. You're a bad habit Starbucks drinker baby but You're So Damn Hot."

LOL! Perfect!! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Apr 24 2007, 10:44 AM)
    AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just talked to Damian! This was ridiculously lucky and only mildly stalkerish. (Well, you tell me...) He was IN FRONT OF ME at the Starbucks by my house! biggrin.gif

I nearly squealed in excitement for you as well. I hope you have a terrifc time tonight! And lets hope that a few angels get their wings biggrin.gif
  • Theresa that's the coolest story ever smile.gif

QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 24 2007, 08:18 PM)

You are my new hero for this.
  • OMG!
    wow
    DUDE
    WOW
    thats all i can say..

he better remember you!
    ahhh wow im still amazed.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 24 2007, 07:18 PM)
    Ha, I was re-reading (because otherwise my life is Bo-ring) and I thought -

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Theresa that is amazing! I've always wanted to see them somewhere other than a show. I just love the thought.
  • Theresa!!!!! I...........have............no...........words.............Gah!
  • Oh, this is so funny, even on second hearing. It's fun reading everybody else's posts and reactions, too. (esp 7stars' one)

What I LOVE about this is that you were able to go HOME and write it up, and then later go to the concert tonight. That's so cool!

Starbucks is good for a lot of things. Now added to the list is "waiting for Damian Kulash to show up." You were like lying in wait for him, like those nature photographers who wait for hours in the dead of night in the middle of Africa to get close-up film of some exotic, nocturnal animal doing some remarkable thing. Like, you know that's where he's going to be, eventually.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Apr 24 2007, 06:32 PM)
    Starbucks is good for a lot of things. Now added to the list is "waiting for Damian Kulash to show up." You were like lying in wait for him, like those nature photographers who wait for hours in the dead of night in the middle of Africa to get close-up film of some exotic, nocturnal animal doing some remarkable thing. Like, you know that's where he's going to be, eventually.

hahahahhaha thats GOLD.
    if only i knew what area of LA he lived in.....

dietpepsidrunk i hope you come back with another kickass story! cool.gif