In this Discussion

Wierd Phobias.

Comments

• QUOTE (sprocket @ May 7 2007, 11:48 AM)
    Oh my gosh, darbie, I have that, too! I'm a really visual person, and I think I have some sort of deficiency over the phone because of it. Have you ever had to write down what you were going to say before you called someone, just to make sure you didn't forget it out of nervousness?

I'm chiming in on this one, so that makes 3 of us (so far). I have indeed written down what to say beforehand, on more than one occasion.... and all my friends seem like they're phone-people, and they just don't understand why I can't pick up the phone and call them once in a while... dry.gif
  • I hate talking on the phone, too. It's especially weird with boyfriends or even just friends who don't understand why you really don't feel the need to talk to them on the phone every night. Part of it is, if the conversation gets awkward, there's nothing you can use as a distraction. When you're talking in person, you can just mention something that's happeneing around you.
  • QUOTE (missaggie @ May 7 2007, 06:47 PM)
    I'm chiming in on this one, so that makes 3 of us (so far). I have indeed written down what to say beforehand, on more than one occasion.... and all my friends seem like they're phone-people, and they just don't understand why I can't pick up the phone and call them once in a while... dry.gif

..now four including me =/ I do the same too when I call other people but when people call me I'm never completely aware of what I'm saying/hearing since I'm always multi-tasking.. especially when I'm watching tv. I'm always paranoid because people can't see what I'm doing so most of the time they think I'm blanking out on them lol

But anyway, I absolutely can't stand port-a-potties. I can't even look at one without feeling sick.. Til this day I still don't understand how people can use them
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ May 7 2007, 12:12 PM)
    phones... more so, making a phone call, i have severe anxiety attacks anytime i have to make a call... i get a little nervous when someone calls me, but i can usually bring myself to pick up the phone and be fine... but making a phone call is like a 20 minute effort (anxiety attack, calm self down, mini anxiety attack, dial number, hang up, calm self down, try and call again....)

ugh yes. thats what five/six now? i hate when i have to make a call to someone i barely know or dont know. my mom is cruel she always makes me order the pizza, shes like "someday you'll have to make all the calls so start learning now" and then if i dont do it, she wont do it so its all up to me or no pizza. haha. i'm soo strange wow

and i totally second the needles fear. i just hate them. i dont think i am ever going to give blood haha. sorry all you dying people out there in need, its not gonna come from me anytime soon
  • I hate talking on the phone but only because I'm a bad conversationalist and can't hold a convo for more than two minutes. At which point I awkwardly make up an excuse to hang up and then feel bad for blowing whoever I'm talking to off. Oh well.

I'm terrified of being stung by a jellyfish. Not of jellyfish themselves, which are sooo easy to kill (haha long ridiculous story) but of the sting itself.
  • i can pretty much turn anything into a phobia of mine.

so i guess you could say i'm scared of everything. seriously, you can ask anyone i know..they will tell you about me and my fears.

-germs
    -sick people
    -diseases
    -death
    -huge bugs
    -people looking at me
    -making eye contact with people (only sometimes, i can normally handle it)
    -vomit
    -the dark

those are just a few.
  • Spiders
    I'm including toy spiders in that.
    They terrify me.

And jammy dodgers creep me out insanely.
    not a fear as such, but i cannot bear to look at them without shivering.... :S
  • QUOTE (mundum @ May 7 2007, 02:48 PM)
    I'm afraid of shower drains. I have no idea why though. blink.gif

I'm also afraid of water. (I guess they both go together somewhat)

Everytime I go swimming or something I refuse to jump in, or stay under for more than a few seconds. Once my frend tried to push me in the pool, and I freaked out so much that to stop me from falling in the water I threw my self back and ended up scrapping the entire back side of my leg. dry.gif
  • QUOTE (sprocket @ May 7 2007, 12:07 PM)
    I haaaaaaate needles.

I can't even watch people get shots on television - don't even get me started about that scene on Pulp Fiction - I screamed in the theater the first time I saw it.

Whenever I give blood, I get so pale the workers think I'm going to pass out. Hate them.
    I can't STAND watching people get needles. I can stand seeing myself get needles and I have no problem actually getting them but watching other people get them is like ohmy.gif wacko.gif
  • OMG im so scared of needles i try to repress that they exist and that they are needed for health reasons.... when ever i get one i start to tear up and get on the verge of crying: which is pretty sad considering im 17.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 7 2007, 05:08 PM)
    Spiders
    I'm including toy spiders in that.
    They terrify me.

Jammy dodgers? Boy, you British people are so hard to understand... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Claret @ May 7 2007, 07:40 PM)
    I can't STAND watching people get needles. I can stand seeing myself get needles and I have no problem actually getting them but watching other people get them is like ohmy.gif wacko.gif

We must both be naturally empathetic. I have to agree, I loathe seeing others get stuck more than myself.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 7 2007, 06:08 PM)
    But they're so GOOD mellow.gif

High five, Sprocket. biggrin.gif
  • im real fuckin afraid of bein held down under a blanket
    afraid of drowning, suffocating.
    afraid of being immensely alone
  • Jammy dodgers?? Anyone? Bueller?
  • You can't see the problem with jammy dodgers? SERIOUSLY???
    Eurgh they're hideous. I can't tell what it is... they just.... Ew I'm actually shivering at the thought....

I can't understand the needle thing tho, personally. But I guess I'm just used to four shots a day, so...
  • Dude, no, we just have no idea what jammy dogers are!
  • Oh, sorry! laugh.gif
    I thought when Dani said "they're so good" that you all got me...

Jammy dodgers are a kind of biscuit... two layers of biscuit with this jelly layer in the middle (we call jelly jam, hence the name 'jammy' dodgers....)

Look at the utter revoltingness :
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 7 2007, 11:08 PM)

I don't mind jammy dodgers... but I DESPISE tomato ketchup. Seriously, if there's some on my plate I'll begin to feel sick unsure.gif
    Also, like meliswilis, I'm horribly afraid of being alone. Even though I'm incredibly shy and don't make friends easily. Huh.

My cousin has a fear of needles though.. she can't take her cat to the vets herself anymore after she passed out whilst it was getting its shots.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 11 2007, 06:30 PM)
    Jammy dodgers are a kind of biscuit... two layers of biscuit with this jelly layer in the middle (we call jelly jam, hence the name 'jammy' dodgers....)

Dude....who names a cookie a "jammy dodger"???

That just makes it sound so sketch.

QUOTE (Angel @ May 11 2007, 06:40 PM)
    I don't mind jammy dodgers... but I DESPISE tomato ketchup. Seriously, if there's some on my plate I'll begin to feel sick unsure.gif

Hee. I find it amusing that you specify tomato ketchup....
  • I'm afraid of lots of things, the "weirdest" probably being Pelicans