In this Discussion

The OK Go Unofficial Fan Club on Myspace

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hi everyone! I tried to find an earlier thread to put this in, but the closest I could find was Sheri's vague announcement in the okgocentral.com thread.

Recently, Sheri and I were discussing the fact that the Unofficial Fan Club was sorely missed after its wonderful founders decided to step aside. She suggested, since I was looking for a project anyway, that I take it up again, and put me in contact with Kelli (one of the original founders). I got Kelli's blessing, wrote to Milosh and got his blessing, and re-started the UFC. It's here: www.myspace.com/okgounofficialfanclub.

Here's the thing - I really need help with the content! I'm learning html and photoshop (well, GIMP anyway) to make graphics and fun things, but I can't do it by myself. Also, I want to hear suggestions from you guys as to what the page needs and how I could make it better. I definitely want this page to be "by fans, for fans" even if that is a little cliche.

Thanks in advance for all of your help, everyone!

Comments

• Good on you, Rachel!
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ May 19 2007, 02:25 PM)
    Good on you, Rachel!

Thanks Melinda!!

I wanted to post the announcement on the Grownups Board AS the UFC, but myspace won't let me do that for another few days.
  • Wooop!
    Thanks for doing this Rachel
    You're a star.
  • Hi Rachel! biggrin.gif It's beautiful! I like the Visitor's Map thingy. (I will be providing moral, not technical, support!)
  • I'm really excited to hear this! If you need any help let me know, I do website stuff for the soccer program in my town so I can convert things into HTML. I don't know if it will be helpful but it's worth a try.
  • Rachel, that is so wonderful and awesome for you to take on such a great task! I'm happy that you can take over. I'm sure you'll do great!
  • That's really sweet of you to do for the Ok Go community!
    I think you'll do awesome on your own - it looks great already!- , but if you ever want any help on anything, I "speak" four programming languages decently (am trying to learn 2 more, so far unsuccessfully) and have experience with Photoshop (myspace doesn't need all that garbage anyway).
    I think you'll be great! And already are!
  • I will help with stuff if you need any. If you want some pics let me know too. IM in the process of moving this summer so I will be on and off the net quite a bit.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ May 21 2007, 12:59 AM)
    I will help with stuff if you need any. If you want some pics let me know too. IM in the process of moving this summer so I will be on and off the net quite a bit.

Thanks, Adrienne! Can I have an OKGoWeb banner to put with the rest of the affiliate banners?

And thank you to everyone else too - Tell your friends! Post banners!
  • I'm not very good with HTML and things of that sort, but I'm on ALL the time, so if you need any help let me know! wink.gif
  • Well it looks great already, and I've added you (the person with the Let It Rain profile, haha).
    I fail at HTML, although if you ever need bits and pieces done or touched up in photoshop, feel free to ask =)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ May 21 2007, 05:49 AM)
    Thanks, Adrienne! Can I have an OKGoWeb banner to put with the rest of the affiliate banners?

And thank you to everyone else too - Tell your friends! Post banners!

Here is a link to my little affiliate button. http://www.okgoweb.com/okgoan.gif I will make a bigger banner when I get some time not sure when though. I will add a button to my affiliates section too when I get a moment.
  • Reasons you should join the new UFC:
    1) All the cool kids are doing it.
    2) There's a new video of Damian on the page, special for the UFC (Thanks Sheri)
    3) Get in on the ground floor - you can say you were one of the first!
    4) Super neat "Thanks for the Add" and Birthday banners left as comments on your space
    5) Convenient links to all your favorite OK Go fansites, right there on our page.
    6) There is NO...... reason number 6.
    7) Kick-ass Monty Python references randomly thrown in - NO OTHER fansite offers that.

As of yet, anyway.
    8) Srsly? The new vid of Damian mentioned in reason 2 is so awesome that it deserves a second mention. (As does Sheri, for filming it)
    9) We have great icons and banners for your Journals, Instant Messages, Forums and Websites so you can proudly show your OK Go fandom.
    10) Dave Letterman may have his home office in Sioux City, Iowa, but our home office is in Newark, Delaware, which is WAY lamer. Take pity on our lamitude and join the UFC!!!!

And besides, all the cool kids are doing it. Did I mention that all the cool kids are doing it? (I figure that it worked on the Afterschool Specials, it was worth a shot here)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 5 2007, 02:36 PM)
    Reasons you should join the new UFC:
    1) All the cool kids are doing it.
    2) There's a new video of Damian on the page, special for the UFC (Thanks Sheri)
    3) Get in on the ground floor - you can say you were one of the first!
    4) Super neat "Thanks for the Add" and Birthday banners left as comments on your space
    5) Convenient links to all your favorite OK Go fansites, right there on our page.
    6) There is NO...... reason number 6.
    7) Kick-ass Monty Python references randomly thrown in - NO OTHER fansite offers that.

As of yet, anyway.
    8) Srsly? The new vid of Damian mentioned in reason 2 is so awesome that it deserves a second mention. (As does Sheri, for filming it)
    9) We have great icons and banners for your Journals, Instant Messages, Forums and Websites so you can proudly show your OK Go fandom.
    10) Dave Letterman may have his home office in Sioux City, Iowa, but our home office is in Newark, Delaware, which is WAY lamer. Take pity on our lamitude and join the UFC!!!!

And besides, all the cool kids are doing it. Did I mention that all the cool kids are doing it? (I figure that it worked on the Afterschool Specials, it was worth a shot here)

im cool! and im a member

infact im on there right now

*cheesy thumbs up*
  • yay! I just joined biggrin.gif
  • what a neat vid!!

I'd join but I don't have a myspace.

It looks really pretty, Rachel! Great applause to you!
  • I added you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Jun 6 2007, 10:30 PM)
    I added you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

• Hi Everyone! I'm bumping this thread for two reasons.

1) The UFC home office has relocated to a mildly less lame place. We're in Wilmington Delaware now, instead of Newark. Hopefully, this doesn't entirely negate reason #10. We're still lamer than Sioux City, IA.

and (significantly more exciting)

2) The UFC has had a very wonderful opportunity to interview OK Go Drummer Dan Konopka! (Like you don't know who he is. But whatevs.) The interview has been completed and posted on our blog. Go check it out! Http://www.myspace.com/okgounofficialfanclub

Love you guys! Enjoy the interview! And friend us!
  • ^^ This interview is adorable and fucking awesome! Thank you so much!!