In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• I don't want school to end. I want to be a freshman forever...without having to fail over and over, of course.
  • ^^^

awww, freshman year was awesome

i wanna stay a junior forever!!! next year i have to worry about going to college and all that stuff....im scared
  • I don't want this year to be over cause then the seniors are leaving D=
    but ideally, I'd be in their grade, graduating with them, and getting ready for college.
    I DONT WANNA SPEND A YEAR IN THIS PLACE WITHOUT THEM!

it's their last week of classes.... I'm seriously gonna cry at graduation and probably before then.

ugh.
  • at the end of this year we have to pick our uni preferences. i have NO idea what to do.
    Everythings happening so quickly, it's scary

eeeek
  • I don't want high school to end.
  • I've applied for 8 jobs since I got home because I desperately need a summer job for money while I'm abroad, but not one of those places has called me back yet. Whatever I get won't be that great, but I'm going crazy with boredom and also starting to worry that I'm not going to get a job that I like at all.
  • because of my "atopic dermatitis" i'm not allowed to have hot showers. It's the middle of Autumn in Oz and luke warm showers are not enough!!!

my skin hates me
    sad.gif
  • I'm picking up a second job this week. sad.gif
  • why do u need a second job?
    ive got a 'friend' that has a second job and usually does just for no reason.
    then she complains about how tired she is.
    dont care. lol
    but why do u need one?

and does anyone know any good remedies for a never ending cough?
    i cought non stop and then it ends and starts up again like 15 mins later.
    very annoying.
  • i got totally screwed over for housing next year.
    fuck ucsd. mad.gif
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ May 23 2007, 07:27 PM)
    why do u need a second job?
    ive got a 'friend' that has a second job and usually does just for no reason.
    then she complains about how tired she is.
    dont care. lol
    but why do u need one?
    and does anyone know any good remedies for a never ending cough?
    i cought non stop and then it ends and starts up again like 15 mins later.
    very annoying.

Money, life is not cheap, I need a new amp because I sold mine to fix my car, and I want to move out of my parents house.
  • INTENSE ANGER TOWARDS:

[1]
    Freaking private schools with airheaded advisors and their "oh well, we can't tell you if those credits will transfer or not, so i don't know what to tell you, k bye" banter. So now I don't know if I should just go ahead an apply at another community college and take the courses(intro to psychology, creative writing[wtf does that have to do with Interactive Media Design?], and physics[again, wtf does that have to do with anything related to my degree?], and some other random crap) before starting at the Art Institute.

-advantage of taking those classes at the CC = my Florida Prepaid and Bright Futures will cover all the costs at a lower price than the Art Institute's $461/credit hour cost.
    -disadvantage = classes may not be accepted by the freaking school. Therefore, could potentially waste scholarship money.

Since I was planning on just taking 4 classes that are entry level introductory courses, I do think that they'd be transferrable. But since the advisor spoke to the Dean(who apparently decides by the course description if the class if transferrable) couldn't even give me a definitive answer, I really don't know what to do.

Options:
    -go ahead and take the classes at AIJ at a rate of $1200+ a class, with scholarships paying for probably 1/4 of that.
    -take the classes at a community college and hope they transfer
    -try and track down the Dean, bribe him with cake, then if he doesn't comply, lock him in a basement(not that there are any basements in Florida, but I'll find one, dammit!). If the basement plan doesn't work, then threaten to not to go the school and then they'll be without my $80,000 and first born child.

Any suggestions on dealing with the idiots who are employed at private schools and ways to get around their "for profit/screw the student" outlook?

[2]
    Apartment hunting in Jacksonville.

Half the places are in terrible condition and demand outrageous prices, half are nice places but the pet fee is completely outrageous. I just want a 2B/2B with W/D hookups and a low pet fee for my cats.

After reviewing apartmentratings.com, I discover the place my friend and I have pretty much settled on has a 23% approval rating. Furthermore, the city's crime stats list that home/vehicle burglary is the largest problem of that immediate area. While I could stand having a high assault/battery problem as I am a lean mean fighting machine (I have a degree in "Bust a cap in yo' ass" from the Rockstar Games Academy of the Grand Theft Auto Series), I don't like the idea of someone getting into my apartment and endangering my cats:

I mean, come on she's freaking deaf, I really don't think she needs to be exposed to the dangers of the outside world after someone decides my tv looks nice enough to steal.

And if anyone even looks at this one wrong, I will start punching faces. I haven't seen him for 3 weeks as I've been living at my friend's house here in Jax, and as it's been the longest we've been apart, I don't want to bring him over here to be finally relieved of his intense separation anxiety then suffer the consequences of being too approachable and friendly to an angry burglar with a blunt object.

[3]
    Living with a vegetarian.

While I'm totally fine with my friend being earth friendly/potential candidate for the treehugger award of the year(as I am one as well), I feel really awkward when we decide what to eat. The one time I've had actual meat was the first day I got here, and it was some greasy and gross IHOP bacon. We've been using soy milk in our cereal, which tastes incredibly much better than regular milk(it's sweet and reminds me of Lucky Charms marshmallows), so I've probably not been getting enough calcium. And since we like baking things, most of the cakes and various desserts we've made contain fake egg product(therefore, lacking quite a bit of protein) or applesauce and bananas. I made this awesome checkerboard cake two days ago, and since there wasn't enough egg substitute, internet sources recommended a banana to replace it. As I've heard applesauce is another good substitute, we added some of that as well. So the cake turns out really soft and maleable, very crumbly, which I can work around. But then I try it and find it tastes of bananas. While I'm okay having an occasional banana, the sensation of eating chocolate and french vanilla cake with the taste of banana is just unsettling to me. So now after I've eaten all of my cereal, I have mint ice cream and that cake left for my main souces of nourishment(I should probably add that I don't like vegetables and most friuts). Oh, and Dunkin' Donuts as well, as one of the dogs decided to eat my free doughnut that I got from AIJ, which caused me to crave them(THAT WAS MY FREAKING DOUGHNUT, DOG!).
    So since I'm not sure how long I'll be here, I can't necessarily go out and buy turkey or chicken(the leftovers would go bad during the 5 hour drive home; though it'll probably be much longer due to Florida being on fire all along the interstate) unless it's at some resturant or something. And since my friend is currently searching for a job that allows facial piercings(because the last three jobs she had told her two days into training that they don't allow it), we're avoiding spending unneccessary money. Which means eating whatever's in the kitchen.

So all I'm eating is basically the most unhealthy junk ever(with the exception of fast food, of course). It's driving me crazy, as I'm sure I've gained back some of the weight I lost. I had freaking 10lbs left to lose before this, and since I don't have access to a scale, I've been trying to determine if my stomach just appears larger or if it really is.

Luckily, I've been able to aquire more Propel(as that's the only thing I ever drink nowadays), so hopefully my diet and vitamin intake will magically be balanced by it. But then I'm pretty positive that's a freaking lie.

EIHFAIHNFAKHNRGAREGIKHNAERG!#!@OE))#O <--- this is how I feel. And not just because it's 530AM.

[4]

The giant folder of financial aid papers that I have to fill out for AIJ.

Most of the papers are the most random loan applications that no one's ever heard of. As I can't get a straight answer as to how much my scholarships will pay, I have no idea how much of a loan to apply for, or if I even need to. And I don't know what half of the content even means, as it pertains to taxes and governmenty things I've never had to file. If I had known that going to a real college would require this much confusing work, I would have stayed at the fake college at home. Freakin' dang. I almost feel like I need a lawyer to explain all this junk to me, as I feel like I'm signing away my soul to this school. FRUSTRATION, ARRRH.

END COMPLAINT/RANT!
  • Kikky, love, I hope you're calmer!!

Right, my latest complaint regards my sister Jude. She's been sitting next to me for the past 30 minutes, and the stream of ridiculous pointless talking is never ending. She's reading this as I write, and is acting outraged. It's truly annoying.
    Her only comment - "Annoying is a bit strong. You could change it to 'It's truly... erm...." that's as far as she got. But she managed to make that sentence last another 10 minutes or so....

So the latest is - she's decided she's really Judas my male homosexual sibling, and her aim in life is to make me unhappy so that when I am happy, I appreciate it more. Oh my god, the noise is incessant. I might cry.

Someone, please, like... shoot her? Or something. Just with tranquilisers....

To illustrate my point, this is her current stream:

"Oh, wait, now Alice, shoot is strong too... at least say poke or something, they'll get ideas, they'll follow me home, oh I've just poked myself in the eye, wait was that real life or tv... you know, i can play puddle sticks, no thats not the word whats the word? Tiddlywinks, that's is!!"

ARGH!!!!
  • I'm such a wimp.
  • I have a splitting headache...

and it's really freaking hot and humid and gross in the computer room/office...

and I didn't get to go to Earthfest =(...

and my friend is being depressing...
  • I went to see Pirates 3 tonight, and I wanted to stay after the credits to watch the clip thing and my friend's parents were rushing me for no reason and really wanted to leave. I was really mad because I didn't get to see them because they wanted to leave. I'm like, this is freaking Pirates of the freaking Caribbean, you don't leave. I don't know these kinds of things piss me off.
  • QUOTE (ktlou7492 @ May 26 2007, 08:20 PM)
    I went to see Pirates 3 tonight, and I wanted to stay after the credits to watch the clip thing and my friend's parents were rushing me for no reason and really wanted to leave. I was really mad because I didn't get to see them because they wanted to leave. I'm like, this is freaking Pirates of the freaking Caribbean, you don't leave. I don't know these kinds of things piss me off.

Totally random and off topic, but was Keith Richards in it or not?
  • Yeah, he's in it.
  • this board was gone for wayyyyyyyyy too long, but i'm so thrilled its back smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 31 2007, 01:45 PM)
    this board was gone for wayyyyyyyyy too long, but i'm so thrilled its back smile.gif

amen!

I failed my maths test. FAILED!
    even though pretty much everyone failed and my fail was above average it still sucks and i'm going to go have a cry now...