In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• ^^^ yes and no. i work at the Australian equivilent to Jamba (according to the little girls i babysit who used to live in cali)

sooo many people come up with fake names. it's funny when they forget and you'll be calling out to them and they just ignore you

Four Leticias in a row!?!?! that is supremely intense
    lol
  • Yeah, we wer shadrack meshack and abindigo once...it was kinda confusing to the people. Thats really cool you live in Australia, my sister lived in Australia for two years and to bring it back to the topic, over those 2 years i had my first taste of OK Go, but then i forgot about it, but as soon as I heard get over it again I knew alllllll the words....I was so happy to be reunited with the song i loved so much.
  • haha it's so confusing when people say names like shadrack cause you have to type it up and then whoever ends up calling out the names has to come over and ask if it's right etc

back on topic:
    near the beginning of my obsession and when Oh No had just been released in Australia i had an incident in my local cd shop
    as soon as i stepped in the store i recognised It's a Disaster blasting through the store speakers ........ and we all know what song comes next, dont we?!?!

needless to say my friends had to drag me out of the store, while i continued to do the dance, arms flailing and legs kicking

it was quite a sight
  • this is late but OMG ELECTRA'S SISTER IS AWESOME!!!

i was looking back at this thread as it amuses me a lot and whoah! she is hardcore

I'm so jealous, my sister hates ok go for the simple reason that i like them. hmph

yours must be THE coolest little sister ever!!

ahaha I'm double posting in the 'you know you're obsessed when' topic. This must also be a sign of being obsessed
  • ^^ Haha, thanks
    She is rather brilliant smile.gif

The newest example : I take the piss out of her a lot. I call her grub, tell her she's fat, ugly, smells, etc. Don't worry, she does it to me to - it's the way we work. Anyways usually she just laughs it off, but the other day I suggested that she wasn't a true OK Go fan. She responded by growling (I mean, this noise was unhuman...) and leaping on me, catching me by surprise and pushing my face into the floor, shouting "Take it back!! Take is back NOW! I AM a true OK Go fan!!!"

I was genuinely scared, if not for my life, than at least of carpet burn on my face. unsure.gif
  • Mental note: DON'T go there with Marina.

You know you're obsessed when: YOU're preparing a power point presentation for a conference of hundreds of people for work, and insist on putting OK Go songs in the background. And your co-workers aren't remotely surprised.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 24 2007, 07:49 AM)
    ^^ Haha, thanks
    She is rather brilliant smile.gif

The newest example : I take the piss out of her a lot. I call her grub, tell her she's fat, ugly, smells, etc. Don't worry, she does it to me to - it's the way we work. Anyways usually she just laughs it off, but the other day I suggested that she wasn't a true OK Go fan. She responded by growling (I mean, this noise was unhuman...) and leaping on me, catching me by surprise and pushing my face into the floor, shouting "Take it back!! Take is back NOW! I AM a true OK Go fan!!!"

I was genuinely scared, if not for my life, than at least of carpet burn on my face. unsure.gif

I might need to take responsibility for that one, Allie. After all, I did put the whole "stay true to OK Go fandom" stipulation on her Chocolate bribe...

Sorry 'bout that. sad.gif rolleyes.gif
  • Haha, s'all cool, Rachel. Her loyalty to OK Go (and now you) surpasses her loyalty to me now... I have learned to live with it. rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 24 2007, 08:48 AM)
    Haha, s'all cool, Rachel. Her loyalty to OK Go (and now you) surpasses her loyalty to me now... I have learned to live with it. rolleyes.gif

Should I add a "no violence" stipulation to the bribe? Just to protect you from carpet burn, that is. ;-)
  • When you feel truely guilty for going a few days with out posting all that much. rolleyes.gif
  • All of 30 seconds ago, this woman I work with asked me to schedule a conference room for her. I was happy to do so, but made sure she knew that it was something she could do on her own (for a variety of reasons, don't think I'm trying to pass the buck or anything). And she said that yes, she did know, but that she wanted to u.tilize the knowledgable front desk coordinator (ie, me).

And I said, "I feel so used." ;-)

You know you're obsessed when you have a random conversation with people that includes OK Go trigger words and you IMMEDIATELY run to the boards to post about it.
  • That would be brilliant, thank you!!! tongue.gif

I just decided to test the waters, and asked her, if a madman threatened to either kill OK Go or me, and she could only save one of us (ie just me, or the whole band), what would she chose...

She said she couldn't decide.

I thought, you know, sisterly love and all that... but no. *sigh*
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 24 2007, 06:51 PM)
    She said she couldn't decide.

I thought, you know, sisterly love and all that... but no. *sigh*

On the other hand, judging by your previous recounts of what she's done.. you could take that to be a compliment laugh.gif

YKYOW... your psychology class is talking about something to do with treadmills, and as soon as the subject comes up you and a friend meet eyes across the classroom and giggle. I don't even remember how the class linked to treadmills in the first place.
  • QUOTE (Angel @ May 24 2007, 02:53 PM)
    YKYOW... your psychology class is talking about something to do with treadmills, and as soon as the subject comes up you and a friend meet eyes across the classroom and giggle. I don't even remember how the class linked to treadmills in the first place.

you know... that chimp who learned sign language... well he put on an adorable suit and started dancing on treadmills! unsure.gif ...

i feel so wierd for writing that... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Felster @ May 24 2007, 01:37 PM)
    you know... that chimp who learned sign language... well he put on an adorable suit and started dancing on treadmills! unsure.gif ...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif That's the best line I've heard all day!! Reminds me of Craig Ferguson's desperate attempt to create a tv show about a chimp who comes back from the grave to practice medicine and solve mysteries.
  • OH MY... I was thinking about that... thats why i wrote it... YOU ARE PSYHIC! ...and a psy chic....
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ May 3 2007, 11:48 AM)
    Dear Marina,

Now I'm going to buy you TWO chocolate bars when I come to England again. You're Awesome.

wub.gif,
    Rachel

In other news, I went to my favorite coffee shop on my lunch break to order my favorite drink - The Rockstar. The Rockstar is basically an Irish Creme latte with an extra shot of espresso. But I don't want all that coffee, so I order it without the extra shot, and with skim milk. Today the barista looked at me as he handed me the drink and said "You ordered the double skinny Rockstar, right?" I smiled, nodded, and thought to myself, "Yes. Yes I did." happy.gif

I took pictures of the Tall Skinny Rockstars together this morning. HA!
  • YKYOW.... You're standing in line at Trader Joe's when you see a bottle of Jameson's on the liquor aisle and you have to suppress your urge to grin.
  • You have a countdown in your school diary leading up to August 3.

Tomorrow it will be officially 63 days and 9 weeks til I see them.
    Tonight i will print off pictures to decorate the entire countdown.
    I've also been showing everyone my "ok go" that i copied from the plastic around oh no, which was done from memory in the middle of Biology
    For some reason it doesn't make them as happy as it does me...

wooo I'm getting really excited smile.gif
  • When the boards being down makes you grumpy.
    And when the possibility of a show that may not happen but has been brought to your attention and would be near you sends you into a frenzied panic to find out if it's true. And other fans have to try to stop you from shaking. Oh dear....