In this Discussion

Mean Fiddler gig in london?

edited November -1 in OK Go
yesterday i was told by alie (who was told by the lovely angel) that okgo might be playing in london, as some sights say they are supporting whilst others say nothing at all

okgo does has a 1 day gap in there tour on the 21st

06/20/2007Van Andel Arena
The Fray Tour

Grand Rapids, MI· map
w/ The Fray, MAE06/22/2007Molson Amphitheatre
The Fray Tour

Toronto, ON, CA· map
w/ The Fray, MAE

i just phoned the mean fiddler, and the chap i spoke to on the phone didnt know either, they havnt had the flyers yet for the gig and so forth..and said to call back this time next week

anyone with anymore helpfull information?

Comments

• Oh god. The freaking out.

I have stopped shaking now. But no email back from Milosh yet...
  • I've had nothing from Milosh/Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore yet either...
    Ohhh the tension sad.gif

If it turns out people have been making stuff up I shall be rather pissed.
    But I will keep all fingers and toes crossed for luck.

Edit: Oh, to point where the info came from: Seetickets
  • Honestly, it's unlikely. It's just that, if I've got it right, we're talking Michigan one night, London the next night, and then back in Toronto (relatively close to Michigan again) the next. Maybe there are more direct flights that would make that possible, but it'd still be wayyyy crunched and difficult.
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ May 31 2007, 02:55 PM)
    Honestly, it's unlikely. It's just that, if I've got it right, we're talking Michigan one night, London the next night, and then back in Toronto (relatively close to Michigan again) the next. Maybe there are more direct flights that would make that possible, but it'd still be wayyyy crunched and difficult.

yeah, weve all pretty much signed onto the unlikelyness of it all

but untill its comfurmed one way or the other..
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ May 31 2007, 09:55 AM)
    Honestly, it's unlikely. It's just that, if I've got it right, we're talking Michigan one night, London the next night, and then back in Toronto (relatively close to Michigan again) the next. Maybe there are more direct flights that would make that possible, but it'd still be wayyyy crunched and difficult.

I hate to say it, but it looks like Karen's right, Allie, Andy, and Angel (ooh all A's!). That would be awfully cruel of Seetickets to do to you all though.

::HUGS::
  • Since they're in Toronto, Ontario on June 22, I'm wondering if someone confused London, Ontario with London, England. That's a little more do-able.

BTW, here's another site touting the UK show and they went so far as to include pictures:
    http://www.last.fm/event/227890
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ May 31 2007, 03:14 PM)
    I hate to say it, but it looks like Karen's right, Allie, Andy, and Angel (ooh all A's!). That would be awfully cruel of Seetickets to do to you all though.

::HUGS::

we burn them down if its all untrue...

QUOTE (ihave7stars @ May 31 2007, 05:03 PM)
    Since they're in Toronto, Ontario on June 22, I'm wondering if someone confused London, Ontario with London, England. That's a little more do-able.

BTW, here's another site touting the UK show and they went so far as to include pictures:
    http://www.last.fm/event/227890

this is true

having phoned the mean fiddler this morning, they would have known if okgo were supporting by now if it was as far to include pictures and such on that site...which very rarely loads at the moment

its all one big confuseing mess

i wanna see okgo darnit! its been a year already =(
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 31 2007, 05:10 PM)
    we burn them down if its all untrue...
    i wanna see okgo darnit! its been a year already =(

As said to Alice... seetickets go down in a hail of bullets if they be lying dry.gif It's not nice to toy with emotions sad.gif

As for the two Londons... that makes sense. Although MCS are in London (UK) for their own tour.
  • Milosh just emailed me back

No show. They're with the Fray and they can't take one day out of their tour with them to do one measly MCS gig on a completely different continent. Which is just what I thought.

I'm suing the relevant websites for false advertising leading to emotional distress dry.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 31 2007, 06:19 PM)
    Milosh just emailed me back

No show. They're with the Fray and they can't take one day out of their tour with them to do one measly MCS gig on a completely different continent. Which is just what I thought.

I'm suing the relevant websites for false advertising leading to emotional distress dry.gif

*sigh*

i feared this would be the truth
  • i love you alice. i am vury sorry about this... sad.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 31 2007, 06:24 PM)
    i love you alice. i am vury sorry about this... sad.gif

I love you too lass smile.gif

It's cool.
    I'll demand compensation from seetickets.com - free OK Go shows every time they're nearby. And free transport when they're not wink.gif
    This means, people - free flights to the US! Wooop!!!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 31 2007, 09:19 AM)

I'd say keep watching the Summer Festival line-ups in Europe. Many of the festivals are still adding acts. The Green Man Festival in Wales seems like an obvious venue, imho.

I don't know exactly how it works but I imagine if one were to start a groundswell demand from the audience for a band at a festival near you, it would be easier for that band to get on the lineup. Call the sponsoring radio stations (or whoziwhatzits). Maybe OK Go can't make it because of a schedule conflict but it will give them more options (persuade the Festival organizers that they are a band to pursue).

...just thinking outloud...
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 31 2007, 06:19 PM)

Awww that sucks so much sad.gif
    Apologies to ye and Andy for getting your hopes up.. stupid seetickets.
  • edit: didn't see that post... sad.gif aw, sorry, guys. But I bet they'll come back to London soon- it's one of their fav cities
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 31 2007, 01:30 PM)
    I love you too lass smile.gif

It's cool.
    I'll demand compensation from seetickets.com - free OK Go shows every time they're nearby. And free transport when they're not wink.gif
    This means, people - free flights to the US! Wooop!!!

That's the tack I'd take, personally.
  • QUOTE (Angel @ May 31 2007, 07:04 PM)

its alright =)

its nice to have somthing to look forward to sometimes! (even if they dont happen)

QUOTE (Tabetha @ May 31 2007, 07:06 PM)
    edit: didn't see that post... sad.gif aw, sorry, guys. But I bet they'll come back to London soon- it's one of their fav cities

but...nottingham is far greater!
  • QUOTE (Angel @ May 31 2007, 07:04 PM)

Oh, it's alright smile.gif
    Thanks for letting me know, just in case!

QUOTE (Tabetha @ May 31 2007, 07:06 PM)
    they'll come back to London soon- it's one of their fav cities

Well obviously tongue.gif I'm here. 'nuff said. Hehe!!

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 31 2007, 07:17 PM)
    but...nottingham is far greater!

No. Just... no.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ May 31 2007, 10:23 PM)
    No. Just... no.

you so mean...your the one coming here soon of your own free will =p
  • Only coz I get to learn how to do injections and other medical thingies with sharp tools.

Which will be my defense method in the most dangerous british city.
    Mwahahah