In this Discussion

Chicago 6/12 - 6/14/07

Comments

• whoah. I'm speechless. What an incredible time you had!
    And a HUG! eeeeee!
    I have to say, Sheri- I really admire how calm you are and how you can chat with them like that. I think I'd be screaming and gushing and squealing idiotically if I were even standing near them.
    3 shows though- that's like, the most awesome thing ever. You can officially be our OK Go queen.
    And Damian gave you a dollar! See, I can't even respond to that- I'm just speechless. Sheer awe.
    My favorite thing is his interest in Korea. My family is not Korean but we're, um, extremely obsessed with Korea right now. My sisters and I watch Korean shows all day with my parents and my parents watch all night too (subtitled- a surprising amount of shows are subtitled- but we've picked up some words). And now, thanks to you, Sheri, I'll be thinking about Damian whenever I watch.
    And I also loved what he said about their indie roots- it made me misty-eyed.
    Thanks, Sheri, for sharing your experiences with us!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jun 17 2007, 10:26 AM)
    3 shows though- that's like, the most awesome thing ever. You can officially be our OK Go queen.

See Sheri, I told you. Queen. biggrin.gif

No, you weren't on the phone with me while you were waiting at the bus stop (I only say this because you said you weren't sure if you were). You already know what I think of your adventures, but I loved the little extra tidbits you threw into the post that you didn't tell me about over the phone. And don't worry about the post being self-indulgent. Mine always are. ;-)

::HUGS:: YAY SHERI! YAY OK GO!!!
  • Yay, Sheri! How are you even up and around after your encounters instead of in some bliss-induced coma???

P.S. Damian in the shorts suit? Classic!
  • Great story, Sheri! Just think of it as having plenty of time to prepare for the next tour; it'll be great with a slew of new songs to boot.

Yes, Korean BBQ beef is delectable! I don't know whether Damian was kidding or what, but I could have lived on the stuff over there!

Edit: I just realized that now I'M being the dork talking about beef because I don't know what to say after that story, lol. I'm going to go play with my cat now. rolleyes.gif
  • Well, well, well, Sheri's story was just heavenly. I KNEW I should have gone with my instincts to stay with you after the show, but the boy and I were exhausted from driving and sleep seemed like a good idea (but I could have gone without after hearing THAT story, dammit). My recap is much, much, much shorter. smile.gif

My experience with the Wednesday (13th) show wasn't as great. The set was excellent. The fans were not. It was very, very obvious from the teenybopper, constant-texting, sorority-wannabe crowd who everyone was there to see. Even though I was pretty close to the stage, it just wasn't enough considering the mass amounts of fourteen year-old girls, screaming for The Fray two hours before they played. Not to mention that a swarm of them attempted to block my OK Go-sight minutes before they ended their set. I wanted to say "I am only here to see this band. Could you please wait a few minutes to rudely cut in front of me? I am leaving immediately after." What came out was a giant f-bomb and a violent shove that kept the sororitutes at bay until OK Go finished. Don't f*ck with my OK Go viewing pleasure.

Regardless, the show was wonderful. Cameras were not allowed, but of course my anti-authoritative nature got the best of me two minutes into the set and I started taking non-flashers (minus my polaroids, which are so sentimental).

As usual, I got my picture of Damian jumping, but I also managed to catch Andy in the act as well!

It was very weird being outside and without a personal fanbase close by. The only song everyone knew was HIGA, and people started screaming for them to do the treadmill dance. (insert eyeroll here) Very obvious everyone's source of music was whatever was on the radio. Going from a bar setting in 2003 to a pavillion setting now is awful, especially when they weren't even headlining. Regardless, I would have driven longer and further if it meant seeing the boys before they stopped touring and make a record. OK Go is love.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jun 17 2007, 12:58 PM)

I love this picture, Jennifer. Damian looks very theatrical!
  • well, i'm afraid i can't add much word-wise to this...but i can add lots of pics...the lovely and talented sallygal (east coast tabetha)is attempting to teach this old luddite how to post photos....the main problem is i took incredibly huge files/pics and don't really want to shrink them...but i copied a few of the so-so ones and shrunk those....hey it works!!!! sally's the best!!!

let's start you kids with this while i load in the rest, it's gonna take me awhile to finish this...

jackeroooooooni
  • I [heart] Tim's suit!

Seriously, that is the coolest article of clothing I have ever seen.

Is it just me that gets uber annoyed at Damian's open cuff sleeves thingy? No? Just me. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Awesome pics jackie!
  • Jackie, eeeeeee, these photos are awesome! Look at Andy! The cuteness is overwhelming!
    I can't wait to see the others! You really are a very talented photographer. Thanks sooo much for sharing.
    You're the bestest.
  • OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you got some great shots!!!
  • here's a few more...

[ image
    enjoy
    j
  • here we go again....
    j
  • and again...

j
  • and that's it for tonite, i'm toast....

my favorite...too bad i couldn't have done better for poor andy...i started out in the middle and got slowly shoved right in front of him...not where i wanted to be....i hate the "mic in the face" shots...whaddya gonna do....

more later...

j
  • you are fabulous. i'm loving this. smile.gif
  • these are AMAZING! I'm super jealous and excited at the same time!
  • Especially love the one of Dan beaming Happy into the camera! Too great!!
  • Thank you, Lola, Alice, Andy, Rachel, Katie, Sally, Melinda, Karen ... did I forget anybody? Thank you!!
    Sally--he was being jokey about the losing touch with indie roots; sorry I didn't make that clear smile.gif
    He was also being jokey when he said the thing the night before about the early years not being their best. Just don't want anyone to read too much into any of the things he said.

Jackie, these pictures look even more incredible here!!! Can't wait to see the rest. Can't wait can't wait can't wait

Karen--I love that Dan-looking-in-the-camera one too!!

Jennifer--love your pictures, too! Especially the the one Mumblo (Melinda) mentioned and the one after it.

Btw, since my vids aren't working yet and I never gave details on this, all Tim took off during the striptease was his jacket. lol I figure you guys figured that, but just in case I got anyone worked up *coughAlicecough*, I wanted to cool the fires a bit so you won't be let down. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (jackie j @ Jun 17 2007, 09:02 PM)
    my favorite...too bad i couldn't have done better for poor andy...i started out in the middle and got slowly shoved right in front of him...not where i wanted to be....i hate the "mic in the face" shots...whaddya gonna do....

Oh but Jackie they are so very lovely!!!!!
  • QUOTE (jackie j @ Jun 17 2007, 07:20 PM)
    well, i'm afraid i can't add much word-wise to this...but i can add lots of pics...

My gosh, where were you sitting? Up on stage with them? Thanks for sharing those amazing photos with us!