In this Discussion

Reliving Childhoods

edited November -1 in General Discussion
My friend and I are going. I don't even care what it takes, but we WILL be at the New York show.
http://www.easier.com/view/Lifestyle/Enter...cle-125252.html

ITT: discuss your favorite Spice Girls Memory and/or how fucking creepy Victoria Beckham looks.

Back in the day, when I was a Girl Scout, we used to go on "camping trips" all the time (read: we'd go to really nice camp sites where everything was indoors. It really didn't count as camping at all). At one camp, they had a talent show for the girls. All the other troops came onstage and performed cute little skits about picking up litter or being nice to everyone and other Girl Scout values. When it was our turn, we ran onstage and performed a coreographed dance to "Spice Up Your Life." We shook our 7 year-old bottoms and, according to my mom, the troop leaders all just stood there, in shock. Shaking one's booty is apparently not a quality that's recommended by the Girl Scout council.

Comments

• yea i registered to get my tickets

i sued to love them with a passion , collected all them gay photos tht they did aswell probs cost my mum a fourtune =p

i hope posh and co are enjoying my photo money lol

scary looks fitest now btw
  • I used to adore Baby Spice.
  • I used to collect those stickers that came in Spice Girls bubble gum...
  • THERE WAS SPICE GIRLS BUBLE GUM??!!
  • there was even spice girls' DEODORANT!!

A friend of mine wants to watch them at Madrid or maybe at LOndon (because, believe it or not, it's cheaper to go to London than to Spain...). I called him nutts...but it would be awesome, honestly...

My greatest memory about those wonderfull days was when i was in like 3rd grade, we used to have a little "show" every recess, me and my friends, singing spice girls songs. I used to be Mel C... such good times rolleyes.gif
    the funny part was the way we had no idea what the lyrics meant because none of us understood english at the time eheh
  • Wow. Haha.

My sisters and I used to do Spice Girls shows for our parents, but there were only 4 of us (this was before one of them left).

It was really really bad, since we could neither dance nor sing.
  • that's the magic of it...not being serious! if we were we would be in one of those kid's talent shows..
  • I move that five of us ladies from the boards gather to remake and film a video of thier famous song "Wannabe."

If it really doesn't get me killed, I think Electra should be Ginger Spice. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 2 2007, 01:22 PM)
    I move that five of us ladies from the boards gather to remake and film a video of thier famous song "Wannabe."

If it really doesn't get me killed, I think Electra should be Ginger Spice. tongue.gif

Electra won't kill you - she's an old hand at being Ginger Spice. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 2 2007, 12:26 PM)
    Electra won't kill you - she's an old hand at being Ginger Spice. wink.gif

Old Spice? tongue.gif
  • OMG I had the deodorant!!!!!!! it was so good! there's some new deodorant that smells just like it and it makes me happy smile.gif

I move that five of us ladies from the boards gather to remake and film a video of thier famous song "Wannabe."

i was always Baby, being the only blonde in my group, but i'm not blonde anymore... i don't know who i am anymore!!

hey does everyone remember the day they found out what that song "2 become 1" actually meant??

hah that was a sad day... I remember singing it in public!!!! imagine what adults thought of me/us!
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jul 2 2007, 08:35 PM)
    hey does everyone remember the day they found out what that song "2 become 1" actually meant??

hah that was a sad day... I remember singing it in public!!!! imagine what adults thought of me/us!

Huh? I don't remember that, or that song...plus I was only a little girl back then!
    I suppose i will have to go find out now.
  • here is an extract of the lyrics from said song:

I need some love like I've never needed love before
    Wanna make love to ya baby
    I had a little love, now I'm back for more
    Wanna make love to ya baby
    Set your spirit free, it's the only way to be
    Be a little bit wiser baby, put it on, put it on
    'cause tonight is the night when 2 become 1

so very dirty! laugh.gif
  • "Put in on, put it on..."

Hey, at least it's safe. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jul 2 2007, 06:35 PM)
    OMG I had the deodorant!!!!!!! it was so good! there's some new deodorant that smells just like it and it makes me happy smile.gif
    i was always Baby, being the only blonde in my group, but i'm not blonde anymore... i don't know who i am anymore!!

hahhahahaha
    yes! well i remember awhile ago i was listening to spice girls after a long time.. and i was like whoaaa this isn't very kid friendly.. haha

and wannabe is just hilarious.
    "if you wanna be my lover.. you gotta get with my friends" hahahaha

hmm i wonder how much these tickets are gonna be.. it would be fun to go!!
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 2 2007, 07:51 PM)
    "Put in on, put it on..."

Hey, at least it's safe. wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • "...make it last forever...friendship never ends!"

Yes, so fun...and we could all dress up as different Spices.
  • gosh, I missed out on most of the Spice Girls insanity.
    I mean, I was there, but I wasn't a part of it at all.

I was still listening ONLY to Oldies at that point..... I wasn't very in tune with popular culture hehe. It was kind of pathetic, to be honest. But oh well.

I remember it though, they were everywhere, I couldn't really avoid it. Birthday parties, Roller World, school... everyone was obsessed. EVERYONE.

And then Hanson came along, and Spice Girls were history as far as my fellow classmates were concerned... cause you know, they were in second grade, and the drummer was in fifth grade, and that's only THREE YEARS!!! hahaha ohman, elementary school.

And yet, I'm still nostalgic and excited when SG do a reunion tour... huh. I guess that's how much they were a part of culture back then.
  • you know how there was the initial stage where spice girls were the best and they were cool and everyone loved them and then there was that SG are lame stage.... well during the lame stage i scratched all my SG Cds!! i'd completely forgotten i did that, i was a stupid bratty child, and now i can't listen to all the memories sad.gif
  • ^^ haha that is actually really funny haha