In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 2 2007, 11:55 AM)
    Wow. I've never heard anyone say that before.
    biggrin.gif There's a first for everything, darling.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jul 2 2007, 04:53 PM)
    It's sooo weird. I feel like I am anti-summer-logic or something, because everyone is like "let's get boyfriends and stuff" and I'm like... "I want to go back to school unsure.gif "

believe it or not...i'm kinda in the same mood...
    at least when you're at school you don't have time to ask yourself stupid questions and feeling miserable about yourself...
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 2 2007, 04:55 PM)
    Wow. I've never heard anyone say that before.

you obviously don't have geek friends tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 2 2007, 12:10 PM)
    you obviously don't have geek friends tongue.gif

I do! You guys! Haha JK JK.

I don't like school. I feel the opposite way than you guys do. When I'm at school, I've always got this bad feeling.
  • no problem, i'm so geek and it's so cool sometimes tongue.gif

there's always a time that we don't actually love what we're doing. Last year i've started a minor that i've HATED! i couldn't stand the contents or my collegues. So i'm going to change to a different college and a diffrent major this year...i'm tired of having hell on earth sad.gif
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 2 2007, 12:15 PM)
    i'm tired of having hell on earth sad.gif

Aw...sad.gif
  • but everything's going to be great now, i'm sure laugh.gif i have to think positive
    maybe it's the same with you courtney, you're not liking what you're studing...
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 2 2007, 12:18 PM)
    but everything's going to be great now, i'm sure laugh.gif i have to think positive
    maybe it's the same with you courtney, you're not liking what you're studing...

Yes, I hope so.
    But I don't like studying at all, haha!
    It's mostly because of homework - how I detest it.
  • they should renovate the education system and remove homework... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 2 2007, 12:23 PM)
    they should renovate the education system and remove homework... tongue.gif

They SHOULD!
    Then I wouldn't mind it so much.
  • Personally I love school because

1. I love learning..
    2. I get to flaunt my school's reputation. Best non-private secondary school in the country!
    3. My english teacher is awesome. Mr. Pizzuti, the most stylin' man in Canada according to the Globe and Mail... he won $5000 for it. He was supposed to go on a huge shopping spree with the money, but they just gave him $5000 cash so he went to Peru for two weeks... soo looking forward to the stories at summer school.

Heeee biggrin.gif
  • at least it's not a project, those wonderfull (disgusting things) that they made you do through the semester untill you piuck the subject of the project...
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jul 2 2007, 12:26 PM)
    2. I get to flaunt my school's reputation. Best non-private secondary school in the country!
    3. My english teacher is awesome. Mr. Pizzuti, the most stylin' man in Canada according to the Globe and Mail... he won $5000 for it. He was supposed to go on a huge shopping spree with the money, but they just gave him $5000 cash so he went to Peru for two weeks... soo looking forward to the stories at summer school.

Heeee biggrin.gif

2. That is really something!
    3. Just by his name, he sounds cool.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 2 2007, 01:27 PM)
    2. That is really something!
    3. Just by his name, he sounds cool.
    He's absolutely fantastic. I hated grade 9 and 10. Grade 11 was fabulous, which was possibly his fault =p He doesn't give homework on wednesday nights because he wants us to watch America's Next Top Model HAHAHA
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Jul 2 2007, 12:33 PM)
    He's absolutely fantastic. I hated grade 9 and 10. Grade 11 was fabulous, which was possibly his fault =p He doesn't give homework on wednesday nights because he wants us to watch America's Next Top Model HAHAHA

I love that show!!
  • man all i want for my birthday is a laptop, and a sweet boyfriend i cant take care of... (and that can take care of me.. how does that work.. )
    does anyone else feel like everyone is dating everyone but us?
  • usinthis has been in my head all week. my friends are getting sick of hearing about this, so i figure i'll post it here.

up until about a year ago, i had this friend i'll call j. we were -- i thought -- tight; we collaborated on a few short films and had a charged friendship. (i had a huge unrequited love for him, and would have laid down in the street for him.) he seemed -- maddeningly -- unaware of my feelings for him, which we never discussed. i was operating under the belief that if i loved him enough, and if i was a good woman, he would wake up one morning with the realization that i was, in fact, a good woman, and would fall in love with me. about a year ago, he came back through town with this twenty year old girl who he claimed was not his girlfriend, and asked me to work on a film he was directing. the moment i saw the dynamic between him and the girl, i knew he'd been bullshitting me. i walked off the set of his film and stopped talking to him.

a few days ago a friend of mine posted this whole thing about how you cannot will someone else into loving you. this got me to thinking about our friendship/relationship -- the fact that i was always, unfailingly, there for him, that he would disappear for months and then call me expecting that our friendship would be exactly where it was, the times i held his hair back when he puked, the garter-stitch scarf i knitted for him. the fantasy i had that we would be like patti smith and tom verlaine, having a romance based on our shared artistic endeavors. i thought about how badly that failed, and how i wish he realized how much i meant to him and reciprocated.

and then i realized that he did realize how much he meant to me. unfortunately, instead of acting on that realization for good, he used me to get what he needed.

i've been in some pain about this, but i've also thought less about our friendship in the past few days -- like this was the last piece in the puzzle i needed to move on. i still wonder about him a lot, though -- where he is, what he's doing, whether the thought of his behavior keeps him up at night.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Jul 1 2007, 02:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=121585
    It's sooo weird. I feel like I am anti-summer-logic or something, because everyone is like "let's get boyfriends and stuff" and I'm like... "I want to go back to school unsure.gif "

I'm in a bit of a similar boat. Being busy with school is nice b/c not everyone is so fixated on finding boys, but at the same time, Fall makes me want a boyfriend... I don't know what my deal is.

QUOTE (Claret @ Jul 2 2007, 01:26 PM)
    Personally I love school because

1. I love learning..

Heeee biggrin.gif

DUDE!! That's QUITE a lot to brag about!! Especially your badass teacher!! I'm insanely jealous!

QUOTE (Claret @ Jul 2 2007, 01:33 PM)

I'm so watching ANTM right now... Caridee's season smile.gif Love your teacher even more wink.gif

Stany... almost word for word, feeling for feeling, everything sounds SO similar to a friendship/relationship I couldn't really describe any better. To sum it up, he basically used me because I would do ANYTHING for him, at ANYTIME... he wouldn't disappear so much, but just, not return my phone calls or whatever. It wasn't like that at first, or for the first year of knowing him, but last summer, that's what happened. Like, got a girlfriend who he said wasn't, etc. I'm feeling with you right now because I'm STILL dealing with it, and I thought for the longest time "WHAT have I done wrong?! Why am I not good enough?" all of that.. I'm so sorry you're feeling the same. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Stany @ Jul 7 2007, 09:55 PM)
    usinthis has been in my head all week. my friends are getting sick of hearing about this, so i figure i'll post it here.

up until about a year ago, i had this friend i'll call j. we were -- i thought -- tight; we collaborated on a few short films and had a charged friendship. (i had a huge unrequited love for him, and would have laid down in the street for him.) he seemed -- maddeningly -- unaware of my feelings for him, which we never discussed. i was operating under the belief that if i loved him enough, and if i was a good woman, he would wake up one morning with the realization that i was, in fact, a good woman, and would fall in love with me. about a year ago, he came back through town with this twenty year old girl who he claimed was not his girlfriend, and asked me to work on a film he was directing. the moment i saw the dynamic between him and the girl, i knew he'd been bullshitting me. i walked off the set of his film and stopped talking to him.

a few days ago a friend of mine posted this whole thing about how you cannot will someone else into loving you. this got me to thinking about our friendship/relationship -- the fact that i was always, unfailingly, there for him, that he would disappear for months and then call me expecting that our friendship would be exactly where it was, the times i held his hair back when he puked, the garter-stitch scarf i knitted for him. the fantasy i had that we would be like patti smith and tom verlaine, having a romance based on our shared artistic endeavors. i thought about how badly that failed, and how i wish he realized how much i meant to him and reciprocated.

and then i realized that he did realize how much he meant to me. unfortunately, instead of acting on that realization for good, he used me to get what he needed.

i've been in some pain about this, but i've also thought less about our friendship in the past few days -- like this was the last piece in the puzzle i needed to move on. i still wonder about him a lot, though -- where he is, what he's doing, whether the thought of his behavior keeps him up at night.

sad.gif

I'm sorry for what happened to you

but, you know what? i've found out something in my life...if a guy sees you as a solid friend, he rarely will see you as girlfriend material...unless he was you friend at first place because he thought you were girlfriend material...well, less confusing, they don't have the same tendency as we do to mix up stuff unless they're drunk... mellow.gif
  • Stany, as much as it hurt and though it's a trite thing to say, you are better for realizing that you deserve to be treated better. I'm so sorry you were hurt, but this really isn't the end all be all. You WILL find better.