In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• oh man this thread really picked up..

MILKY: i know what you mean about how it seems like everyones dating.. its like when people say "wow i love being single!" i'm like wtf.. but for them single means dating around.. not sitting at home with ben and jerry haha. and i know what you mean when you say you want a guy to take care of you.. i don't quite want that, cuz i have a bit of a girl power ego, but sometimes, after a long day.. you just want someone to hug you know? gah sometimes i sound so emo..

STANY: i can kinda relate to you're going through right now.. i've been there myself, though not quite at the same level.. i mean i would do A LOT for the guy i liked forever in high school.. send him all sorts of homework stuff, tell him i could give him a ride the moment he said he might need one (he crashed his car junior year), etc.. and i mean we were sorta close, but not super close either.. and i although i knew i really really didn't have a chance with this guy, i still would hope that maybe he would appreciate everything i did and reciprocate in some way.. but then when you realize the only time he talks to you is when he needs something.. its like wtf..
    so yeah i mean i know what you're talking about.. and you should try to let go and move on, because you deserve better. and if you need to confront about your feelings and get it all out, consider just doing it, because i didn't fully get over this guy until i told him.. and he was sorta stupid about it all, which made me not like him even more.. haha.
    and you know what, view this whole mess as a learning experience (yeah that sounds lame).. but seriously like, now i don't always go the extra mile for the guy a like.. cuz in real life, they don't notice, apparently that only works on tv.. instead in real life, guys are TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS.. and thats why, unfortunately, nice girls finish last =/

KATIE: thanks so much for the encouraging advice. your words, in addition to andy's, gave me courage to just write something rather generic to scott.. so i'll keep you all updated on that whole situation.
  • i know this maybe isn't an issue for this thread but here it goes...

i have a best friend, i'll name him J now and we've been pretty tight since the last 4 years, i really love him in a friendship kinda way. he's always been there for me, always made me laugh when i was so sad... he helped me get trough one of the most difficult times of my life.

then last year, college came and we split into different citys, but both live in the same place, next to each other. we could barely see each other even though we're like 5min away by car. Anyway, we would still talk almost everyday on msn or on the phone and on weekends we used to catch up conversation or go to cinema.

but now, is so "far away" from me that i feel like i can't reach him because he's always with his college buddies. I really think the girls are nice and all, and I know how selfish I'm being, but I really miss being his best friend...I'm an awfull person I know... sad.gif

he keeps saying to me "you're my number one, you'll allways be in my heart", but you know that song, "more than words"?

"How easy it would be to show me how you feel
    More than words is all you have to do to make it real
    Then you wouldnt have to say that you love me
    Cos I'd already know" (really sheesy and all but true)

gosh I feel so selfish to think this way... sad.gif
  • OK Go boardies are the best boardies.

I love you all.

I got my cards read today, and was told that J. is in a bad place right now and that it's best I'm not in touch with him.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 8 2007, 09:23 PM)
    but now, is so "far away" from me that i feel like i can't reach him because he's always with his college buddies. I really think the girls are nice and all, and I know how selfish I'm being, but I really miss being his best friend...I'm an awfull person I know... sad.gif

You are not awful at all and please don't beat yourself up over being upset. You care about him and he was very close to you. To transition away from that would be hard for anybody. I hope things work out (they tend to), but please don't accuse yourself of being selfish; you're not selfish at all, you're his good friend.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 8 2007, 05:23 PM)
    i know this maybe isn't an issue for this thread but here it goes...

i have a best friend, i'll name him J now and we've been pretty tight since the last 4 years, i really love him in a friendship kinda way. he's always been there for me, always made me laugh when i was so sad... he helped me get trough one of the most difficult times of my life.

then last year, college came and we split into different citys, but both live in the same place, next to each other. we could barely see each other even though we're like 5min away by car. Anyway, we would still talk almost everyday on msn or on the phone and on weekends we used to catch up conversation or go to cinema.

he keeps saying to me "you're my number one, you'll allways be in my heart", but you know that song, "more than words"?

"How easy it would be to show me how you feel
    More than words is all you have to do to make it real
    Then you wouldnt have to say that you love me
    Cos I'd already know" (really sheesy and all but true)

Sorry to hear about all this. Next time both of you are free, is there any way you could get together for some activity (NOT going to a movie, but something where you can talk) so that you can say some of this? I think if you say everything, you run the risk of scaring him, but if you say "I really care about you and miss having you in my life", that might do the trick.

In any event, you're not being selfish. I'm sorry your friendship is going in such a hard direction. Take care of you, okay?
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 8 2007, 05:23 PM)

Please please PLEEEASE don't think you're being selfish at all!! Not only can I relate all to well to Stany's story, but this one too... one of my best guy friends, who has slowly started to drift away never thinks twice about telling me how much I mean to him and how we'll always be friends, but his actions speak otherwise... I still care about him a lot, we used to be in a really f'd up, complicated, no-title relationship, but that didn't change the fact that I was one of his best friends, and he was one of mine. Simply put, but not understood... people change. But you have every right to talk to him about everything you want... Go for it! I gotta do the same...
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 9 2007, 03:52 AM)
    You are not awful at all and please don't beat yourself up over being upset. You care about him and he was very close to you. To transition away from that would be hard for anybody. I hope things work out (they tend to), but please don't accuse yourself of being selfish; you're not selfish at all, you're his good friend.

QUOTE (Stany @ Jul 9 2007, 03:26 PM)
    Sorry to hear about all this. Next time both of you are free, is there any way you could get together for some activity (NOT going to a movie, but something where you can talk) so that you can say some of this? I think if you say everything, you run the risk of scaring him, but if you say "I really care about you and miss having you in my life", that might do the trick.

In any event, you're not being selfish. I'm sorry your friendship is going in such a hard direction. Take care of you, okay?

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jul 9 2007, 03:33 PM)
    Please please PLEEEASE don't think you're being selfish at all!! Not only can I relate all to well to Stany's story, but this one too... one of my best guy friends, who has slowly started to drift away never thinks twice about telling me how much I mean to him and how we'll always be friends, but his actions speak otherwise... I still care about him a lot, we used to be in a really f'd up, complicated, no-title relationship, but that didn't change the fact that I was one of his best friends, and he was one of mine. Simply put, but not understood... people change. But you have every right to talk to him about everything you want... Go for it! I gotta do the same...

Thank you so much for cheering me up girls!!
    I really apreciate the support and the tips...i've tryied to talk to him without overreacting of course and i think he kinda got the message. I really having him by my side.
    Sometimes i'm just afraid that i ask too much from my friends because i give them too much too...it's complicated.

I love you guys for the support wub.gif

(and good luck Katie...go easy but speak from your heart wink.gif )
  • Ugh. Damnit.
  • ^^^ sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

what's up?
    if you feel like sharing, that is...
  • Argh, it's nothing, I just don't know what to do about something that's bothering me at the moment.
  • o well, if you feel like telling us, we can try to help, and if that, then that's ok too
  • it's always good to share stuff because other people have points of view of your problems way different than yours and suggest solutions that you've neer thought about before! smile.gif go ahead
  • Ahhhhh!!!!
    OK, those of you who've read in other threads about Lukass the amazing guy from my medical course? Well we're talking on msn at the moment and he's amazingly flirty and lovely!! And we're both going to try and apply to the same med schools so hopefully we'll be together there... that'd be amazing. because at the moment he lives in Leeds, which is MILES away from London.

*sigh*
    I wish he wasn't so far away!
  • yayy! it'll work out.

..or at least it sounds like it will..
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Jul 10 2007, 10:35 PM)
    Argh, it's nothing, I just don't know what to do about something that's bothering me at the moment.

it has to be something if it's bothering you this much. we might actually be able to help you through this time of distress if you tell us. but if you'd rather not tell us, we respect that.
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Jul 10 2007, 10:35 PM)
    Argh, it's nothing, I just don't know what to do about something that's bothering me at the moment.

Heh that's not as bad as knowing EXACTLY what you need to do, but not being able to bring yourself to do it.

Or maybe it's worse. What the hell do I know?
  • why are all the good ones taken or gay?!?!
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

and this isn't about scott, whom i've been rambling about recently, because i got distracted by math boy, who apparently has a gf.
    gaahh its not fair!!!!!!!! i know i'm not hot, but i'm somewhat cool! sad.gif
    sigh.

sorry had to let that out.
  • i'm sorry Ambie...it's a though when we find out after all the hope that he has a gf...but it would be worst if he was gay! But it's true, there are no guys avalable in the "market" right now, the older generations of women are always mocking us because of that!!! It's just not fair!

Alice, i'm so glad you guys are probably going to the same college!! biggrin.gif see, after all distance is sometimes relative wink.gif
  • newboynewboynewboynewboy!

nothing really all that thrilling to report as of yet... but. he's cute. he lived in my town for several months but i never hung out with him, and just recently moved back home (2 hours away) boo. BUT... he's very, very interesting. sounds like a fun kid. he's a musician (crap). plays drums, bass, guitar and sings. we have far too much in common... not TOO much, but a lot, if you get what i'm saying...

ANYYYYYWAYYY. smile.gif
  • Ah fuck it. There's this guy in the year below me who recently started messaging me on facebook, and he's really nice but SO not my type (short hair, rugby player... I need skinny and long hair) and I thought we were just getting on great as friends. So then I get this message:

"and the reason i started e-mailing you is because your
    sooo
    fukin hot
    xxxxxx"

Fuck. what do I reply? blink.gif