In this Discussion

Formoz Youtubery & blog entry (in Chinese - ha ha!)

Comments

• Way cool pic!

From Flickr, by ianCTWu

Oh wow

pic w/dance contest winners

More with contest winners:

Too funny!
  • Awww, thanks for posting those, Sheri. smile.gif
  • A really nice video of the dance! Looks like they're having tons of fun.

Thanks, person from Taiwan who sent it to me!

There are many cool things, but my favorite bit in this one is Damian's hula.
  • OOOMG, my new Taiwanese friend (who is named Egg, btw) sent me this today!

:::Sheri Hyperbole Alert:::
    This may be the most ridiculous, hilarious OK Go thing I've seen yet. Okay, maybe not the most hilarious, but it's pretty dang funny, and it's the most ridiculous! laugh.gif

Video:
    OK Go get foot massages in Taiwan--and it makes the news

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

*Edit:
    I made a downloadable, iPoddable version. Watch this one instead--the one at the link delays a lot.
  • OMG Sheri! That is hilarious!

I hope you thank your friend heaps for that one! Aww I'm crying with laughter!
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Aug 10 2007, 07:51 PM)
    OMG Sheri! That is hilarious!

I hope you thank your friend heaps for that one! Aww I'm crying with laughter!

Isn't that funny????!!!!!

Oh, I just did, don't worry biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Dan is sososo funny in this. The whole thing is crazy hilarious--the absurdity of it all.

**Edit: I put up a downloadable version, much easier to watch, in my previous post.
  • Yes! Dan was so funny! I loved his line apologising for whatever bad things he did in the past laugh.gif

Andy was the only one who didn't seem in any pain.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 10 2007, 05:35 PM)
    OOOMG, my new Taiwanese friend (who is named Egg, btw) sent me this today!

This may be the most ridiculous, hilarious OK Go thing I've seen yet. Okay, maybe not the most hilarious, but it's pretty dang funny, and it's the most ridiculous! laugh.gif

Video:

*Edit:
    I made a downloadable, iPoddable version. Watch this one instead--the one at the link delays a lot.

Little help... when I click on Sheri's link, either to view or download, all I get is text.
  • aaaaw, Dan is crying! Poor Danny sad.gif
    And Damian is wincing so hard!
    But Andy looks so cute! Look at his shirt!

Little help...

Do you have quicktime? It opens with that
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 10 2007, 08:35 PM)
    OOOMG, my new Taiwanese friend (who is named Egg, btw) sent me this today!

Video:

*Edit:

OH MY GOD
    HAHAHAHHHH
    I've been laughing for the last three minutes, literally.
    Thank you, Sheri and awesome Taiwanese friend for making my life.

Ohhhh Dan. laugh.gif And Damian, LOL.
    I wonder what the woman is saying the whole time... and why Damian talks about naked performers.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • Ahh, I just decided to tackle this thread, and oh my, there is some magical stuff in here smile.gif

Hahaha oh my I loved that video!
    ...And I was wondering why Damian was talking about naked performers too... laugh.gif

Sheri, do you think your friend could give us a translation (or anyone else for that matter)?
    (...weird, I almost called you Trish.... huh.gif )
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Aug 10 2007, 07:14 PM)
    OH MY GOD
    HAHAHAHHHH
    I've been laughing for the last three minutes, literally.
    Thank you, Sheri and awesome Taiwanese friend for making my life.

Ohhhh Dan. laugh.gif And Damian, LOL.
    I wonder what the woman is saying the whole time... and why Damian talks about naked performers.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Lol!!! I'm watching this on mute and they (esp Dan) look like they're in so much pain. Must turn on sound. Bushy haired Damian toward the end makes me drool
  • BAHA. That was great. It looks like Dan opted out of the upper body massage after going through the pain of the foot massage. He does look quite happy just sitting there though. LOL.
  • Haha biggrin.gif

I was wondering the same thing about translation. Maybe I'll ask, at least for a general summary. Something that would explain the naked performers thing at least. laugh.gif

Did you get it working, Melinda?
  • http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

biggrin.gif Google Language Tools again... it worked a lot better on this site than on that blog. Now we can read the article!
  • For some reason, that page wont load completely for me sad.gif I only get two lines above the video, and then the video only switches from one picture to another (but I already saw the video so that doesn't matter)...?
  • well actually the news didin't say much.since my english is not that good (..sigh) i'll try to translate it as much as i can XD
    1. Introducing OK Go as an American Rock band that comes to Taiwan@ Formoz Festival.(...please,do come again!!XD)
    2. They went to their foot massages for the first time, and Dan was too painful to say a word.
    (every specific spot in your foot stands for some health conditions. For example, if it hurts here, there could be some problems in your stomach, etc..
    That's why the reporter said "Apparently Dan is not as strong as we think.(LOL)")
    3. on 7/28, the lead singer of the Japanese band "Hatsukoi Boyz" took off ALL his clothes on stage (...and being naked, of course XD). His fans went nuts about him. The same thing happened to another Japanese band "RIZE"(but this time he just took off his t-shirt.) so Damian was asked about his opinions on "singers who took off their clothes on stage."
    4. Compliments on their neat suits(despite the hot weather and foot massage, they just don't take off their shirts.) Saying that "Therefore, you don't have to take off your clothes to rock'n'roll"
    5. The final part is them saying Taiwanese, "Da-gey-ho, Whom si OK Go", means "Hello everyone, we're OK Go."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    as for my blog (*blush*) it's just like, a fangirl's diary XD a quick summary here:
    so we went to Formoz early on that day, and happened to see them rehearse (yeah, we're so damn lucky.)
    and were in the first row of the show.
    that's why there's a blackout on the "Prove My Love"vid. because DAMIAN IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. (what can i say? we're just so damn lucky!!)
    after the show, three of us went to the airport,where the photos were taken.
    P.S. there are three things i regret at the airport:
    i forgot to bring them gifts which i've prepared at home.
    i mistook Dan for Tim.( because i was too f***ing nervous. although i apologized later, i still felt guilty...(*tears*)
    i misworded "funny" for "interesting". (i knew "funny" was a very inappropriate term to use... WHAT WAS I THINKING?! i was too f***ing nervous!)
    I AM SO SORRY(...tears...) hope they won't mind...
    about the clips i taped:
    "No Sign Of Life"--> Damian tried to say some Taiwanese.
    "Prove My Love"--> Damian jumped down the stage. (...*fainted*)
    "Do What You Wnat"--> Damian climbed up the rack.
    "A Million Ways" --> They danced with the winner of "A Million Ways Dance Contest in Taiwan"
    i've sent all the vids to OK Go Central, 'cuz (please allow me to say this again), sherib, you've got the best fansite ever!!
    been here for a while, but i enjoy reading more than posting. so that's my first post here(*blush*)
    anyway it's really hard not to pop-up and say "OK Go Rulz Taiwan!!! "
    hope they will come to Taiwan again. We'll be waiting XD
  • ^^ Welcome to the boards Egg!

Your English is brilliant, don't worry!

So glad that you had such a wonderful time at the festival and meeting OK Go!

DAMIAN IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. (what can i say? we're just so damn lucky!!)

Oh dear! wub.gif
  • Thanks for the translation Egg!!
    It sounds like you had a great time smile.gif

And welcome!!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 11 2007, 06:55 AM)
    Haha biggrin.gif

I was wondering the same thing about translation. Maybe I'll ask, at least for a general summary. Something that would explain the naked performers thing at least. laugh.gif

Did you get it working, Melinda?

Yep, sure did. For whatever reason, the link didn't like Safari. I used Explorer and it was all good. Thanks!