In this Discussion

PHOTOGRAPHY (*click*)

Comments

I think it's an ATM

parking lot afternooon
  • ooo, nice polaroids.
    i always used to think ATM stood for At The Moment, like At The Moment you have $30.
    i was so silly.
  • QUOTE (o0buttons0o @ Jul 4 2007, 09:45 AM)
    ooo, nice polaroids.
    i always used to think ATM stood for At The Moment, like At The Moment you have $30.
    i was so silly.

Hahahah that's great
  • stupid really.
    i guess everyone has those memories, hopefully?

there's a website where people post their childhood thoughts, some of them are quite funny!
    http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/
  • pics from my vacation:

an old civil war fort in atlantic beach:

the view driving into asheville:

from the garden at biltmore estates:

• ouuu nice holiday pictures.

that garden looks lovely
  • Yesterday I went to Wicker Park Fest in . . . Wicker Park . . . and took photos. 'Cause that's what I do.

I saw Man Man and the Thermals the night before. The Thermals were OK. Man Man WAS AMAZING. I love them.

Sybris [Local Chicago Band. The lead singer remind me of Bjork.]

Pit Er Pat [Another Local Chicago Band. They're amazing.]

Russian Circles [Yet again, Local Chicago Band. They're pretty good, being all instrumental.]

[The Drummer was BEAUTIFUL. I like him.]

• The polaroids march on, documenting documenting documenting

Blue's Clues Blue's Clues. BLUE'S CLUES.

The hot dog looks a little diseased

Jesus? Is that you?

I once again show my true side, my mustachioed side
  • Haha those pictures are great!
    Is that chair really supposed to look like the Blue's Clues chair, or is it just a coincidence?

...And that hotdog does look diseased. Eeew.
  • Blue's Clues thinking chair - OMG.

I was thinking of buying a Polaroid camera... is it worth it?
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 12 2007, 05:01 AM)
    Haha those pictures are great!
    Is that chair really supposed to look like the Blue's Clues chair, or is it just a coincidence?

...And that hotdog does look diseased. Eeew.

Thanks doll!

I assume so as it seems too alike to be simply a coincidence. It was especially great because it looked so cartoony next to these proper old armchairs.

QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Aug 12 2007, 05:01 AM)
    Blue's Clues thinking chair - OMG.

I was thinking of buying a Polaroid camera... is it worth it?

Definitely! Do not buy a new one. Most thrift stores have many, many, many cameras. Just look for wear. I've gotten mine for $3 or so each at Goodwill. Worst comes to worst, if they don't work, you can just buy another one as $3 isn't much of an investment. I currently have 3 Polaroids, though I only use one as I'm still looking for film for the other 2 and I'm also just in love with the one I have. It's an Autofocus 660. The other two are Spectra Systems.

The Autofocus 660:
    ^my favorite

The Spectra System:

Again, I must stress, GET THEM AT A THRIFT STORE.

The only problem with Polaroids is that the film is pretty expensive; it's usually about $10 for 10 pictures. So, it's not a camera that can be used for throwaway pictures. It takes some getting used to, but if you get the hang of it, it's actually a blast; you learn to frame better and find better pictures, since you don't want to use one up on a badly framed picture if you can help it. Also, it's best used on really sunny days as the pictures come out so much nicer.

I love my Polaroid. It's great and gives instant gratification. Also, the pictures are just so unlike anything else. It's wonderful. Get one.
  • Aww! I've always wanted one smile.gif

Do your pictures actually have that kind of old look like some you posted do, or is it because of scanning them?
  • I'm actually being a total dork and taking a picture of the picture as I have no scanner and am too lazy to buy one (also: no monies).

But I kind of like the yellow-light-tint, albeit a little blurry, look they get.

They all look a little retro since, well, Polaroids are a little outdated. However, I like the fact that they are a substance produced immedietly. It's not like a digital camera where the picture exists in a kind of nothingness. They have shape, personality, and I love the white frame.

I need to sleep. I'm waxing poetic about Polaroids.
  • Mhmm I love it too, I like how they really look like they are from the past, but aren't, and I love the white frame, and of course the fact that you get it immediatly. I wouldn't mind getting one.

Even though we have a scanner (which we bought for $3 at my friend's garage sale laugh.gif ), I usually just take pictures of things, one because then I don't have to go out to the kitchen, and two, I find it looks better that way.
  • I HAVEN'T BEEN ON IN FOREVER!!!!
    Here's some new stuff

and um the last four wouldn't work.
  • Those pictures are great!!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 12 2007, 01:16 PM)
    Again, I must stress, GET THEM AT A THRIFT STORE.

The only problem with Polaroids is that the film is pretty expensive; it's usually about $10 for 10 pictures. So, it's not a camera that can be used for throwaway pictures. It takes some getting used to, but if you get the hang of it, it's actually a blast; you learn to frame better and find better pictures, since you don't want to use one up on a badly framed picture if you can help it. Also, it's best used on really sunny days as the pictures come out so much nicer.

I love my Polaroid. It's great and gives instant gratification. Also, the pictures are just so unlike anything else. It's wonderful. Get one.

i quite like polaroid's but they're pretty expensive here, even at second hand stores and i dont think my nan will be dead fast enough for me to inherit her little diamond now or in the near future! ill have to just ask her for it, eh? i think its really old i'll have to see if you can even still buy the film!