In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• Not sure if this has been posted, but OK Go gets a mention in this rap song:
    http://pandatoes.blogspot.com/2007/08/its-...ng-me-wild.html

It's near the beginning, so you don't have to watch the video for long.
  • ohhh um woah...?

i'm glad it's near the beginning! hahah, that's pretty awesome. It's funny how they've become a pop culture reference... people actually know who i'm talking about now!
  • haha thats awesome
  • Yeah, I think it's been posted, but thanks! It's so weird to think how they've become part of pop culture.
  • Ahhh! My sister's watching Embarrassing Celebrity Moments on TMF (total trash, don't even ask) and Get Over It was just played.

I may have spazed out slightly with excitement. OK Go is NEVER played on things in Britain!
  • Aww that's great!
    I think I may have heard Get Over It used on something on VH1 quite a while ago, but I can't remember what show. I know I wrote it down...but I have no idea where. Hmm.
  • OMG i just heard HIGA on a cbs commercial for this new comedy "the big bang theory"!!!
  • "Let it Rain" was just played at the end of a movie on Lifetime called "Normal Adolescent Behavior" biggrin.gif

(My mom told me to put it on smile.gif )
    I don't know what it's about, I only saw a few minutes of the end.
  • No way!

Lifetime? That's hil-AR-ious.

Lifetime: The Network for Women Who Hate Men

I have never seen as much domestic abuse/rape/abduction/etc. as I did on that channel back when I actually didn't pass it by instantly while surfing.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 2 2007, 01:26 AM)
    I have never seen as much domestic abuse/rape/abduction/etc. as I did on that channel back when I actually didn't pass it by instantly while surfing.

I know!!
  • Hm, so remember when YSDH was in the trailer for Good Luck Chuck? Well, today I saw the another preview of it, but they had Don't Ask Me instead. I'm thinking this movie likes our boys... too bad I find Dane Cook incredibly unfunny. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Sep 11 2007, 08:46 PM)
    Hm, so remember when YSDH was in the trailer for Good Luck Chuck? Well, today I saw the another preview of it, but they had Don't Ask Me instead. I'm thinking this movie likes our boys... too bad I find Dane Cook incredibly unfunny. laugh.gif

What! You don't think Dane Cook is funny! Hmm.. I love that guy he cracks me up. Specially the BK lounge. Lol.
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Sep 11 2007, 10:15 PM)
    What! You don't think Dane Cook is funny! Hmm.. I love that guy he cracks me up. Specially the BK lounge. Lol.

Ehhh. I really don't like him, at all. laugh.gif It's just one of those celebrity grudges.

HIGA is near the end of this trailer:
    http://www.heartbreakkidmovie.com/public/v...railer1_sml.mov

I think it's really cool how they play ELO's "Don't Bring Me Down," a song that OK Go covers all the time, right before they use an OK Go song. smile.gif
  • OMG i love how OK Go is in like a million movie trailers now! Good find, Shalu!
  • DWYW was in the commercial for Frasier's new show, "Back to You."
  • Um, maybe this should go here. I hadn't seen this posted yet, and it just came up on a newsreader.

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2007/09/ne...-and-eddie.html

Members of Beirut, TV On The Radio and Guided By Voices, Shudder to Think, Vampire Weekend, and OK Go are guests on the soundtrack to the biblical-based indie-vignettes comedy, "The Ten." The songs were written by indie-rocker turned film composer, ex-Shudder To Think Craig Werden. Everyone on the planet forgot about this film's existence and the possiblitly of a soundtrack, but Pitchfork finally clued us all in a month late. The album came out Aug 28. Aren't we all on it.
    More:
    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...teni-soundtrack

06 Craig Wedren: "Catscan" [ft. Kyp Malone, Tunde Adebimpe, Damian Kulash, and Mark Watrous]

But I'm confused because the Amazon listing has Track #6 as:

6. The World's Shortest Ballad - Paul Rudd

And I don't see a "Catscan" in the track listing.

I'd look at it some more but it's bed time...
  • Haha, I (unfortunately) watched Mr. Woodcock and I was pissed 'cause it sucked and as I was walking out the theater HIGA STARTS PLAYING AND

ok, it's like, 12am, only old people are left in the theater, and

picture a girl having a seizure and looking like she's possessed.

smile.gif Just OKGO made the entire movie less sucky smile.gif

I thought the beast was dead inside, but he is just lying dormant. I haven't even thought about them in a while. I miss them. When're they done conquering the world and getting back to the US?! :'(

Love.
  • flip my heart skipped a beat when i heard "like OK Go"...
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Sep 22 2007, 10:04 PM)
    Haha, I (unfortunately) watched Mr. Woodcock and I was pissed 'cause it sucked and as I was walking out the theater HIGA STARTS PLAYING AND

ok, it's like, 12am, only old people are left in the theater, and

picture a girl having a seizure and looking like she's possessed.

smile.gif Just OKGO made the entire movie less sucky smile.gif

I thought the beast was dead inside, but he is just lying dormant. I haven't even thought about them in a while. I miss them. When're they done conquering the world and getting back to the US?! :'(

Love.

i think i've seen that trailer... in that movie works the blonde girl in grey's anatomy... izzy maybe? i got excited when I heard it was HIGA, i became to shout to my frend: "it's ok go! it's ok go!" laugh.gif

[excuse my english unsure.gif ]
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Sep 20 2007, 06:45 PM)
    But I'm confused because the Amazon listing has Track #6 as:
    And I don't see a "Catscan" in the track listing.

Here is Track #6, Catscan (right click to save):

http://5.download-3.files-upload.com/100/2...n_-_Catscan.mp3