In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Nov 30 2007, 08:09 PM)

Thank you for that! Kind of old, but I've never seen it. Despite the fact that the guy can't spell Nordwind and says that Quit Your Dayjob is from Cleveland (I guess it kind of sounds like Sweden), I liked it. Especially the parts about TMBG and Apollo Sunshine.
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Nov 28 2007, 02:25 PM)
    I keep finding these foreign articles. This one's in Japanese

Heidi, you are a great searchers.
    Rosa, you are amazing! you have a talent for languages.

sad.gif I'm sorry. as I wrote, I'm not good at English. Though I tried......

Their showy clothes looked like the guys working at the dubious bar for ladies in Kabukicho.
    (the guys - we call them "host". but it's different from "host" in English. there are a lot of dubious places in Kabukicho.)
    OK Go will make them stunned by their showy clothes.
    How many times they made us laugh when we watched the music clip of OK Go dancing over a running machine with funny choreography.
    Their music is power pop called nerd rock similar to Weezer and They Might Be Giants.
    Their straight sound of the guitar and optimistic melody,They got something set us free.
    We're expecting their sense of humor.
    They looked like moral persons in the dim light on the stage at start.
    I felt stiff to their performance. But, little by little, they make sure their play.

there is nothing special about this live review.
    here are some more that I should specify..... 

Tim's base and Dan's drum support their sound well.
    Damian's voice is not so special. but it's very good in "Get Over It" and "Invincible".
    Emotional guitar, better than their CD.
    AMW dance looks like Kamen Rider.
    His sideburns and his stripe suits, Tim was the most showy one in this show.

I think you don't know what is kamen rider. it's one of Japanese hero from an old TV show.

• [quote name='yukihnd' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:09 AM' post='152868']

it's "seacher" sorry, I always make a mistake something. sad.gif
  • THANK YOU YUKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif smile.gif what an interesting article LOL

Their showy clothes looked like the guys working at the dubious bar for ladies in Kabukicho.

HAHAHAHAAH This made my day. smile.gif

Now I know that if I ever visit Japan I'll difinitely go to Kabukicho. wink.gif

I think you don't know what is kamen rider. it's one of Japanese hero from an old TV show.

OMG, that looks like a Power Ranger hahahahahahha

Rosa
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Nov 30 2007, 11:15 PM)

I loved this article, thank you Heidi smile.gif ... specially the OK Go outfits! Which belongs to whom though? huh.gif

Rosa
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Dec 1 2007, 11:00 AM)
    I loved this article, thank you Heidi smile.gif ... specially the OK Go outfits! Which belongs to whom though? huh.gif

Rosa

Ooo! Makes me want to make little Ok Go paper dolls!
  • YAY!!!! Thanks Yukie!!!!!

and Tempe, I totally understand. haha
  • QUOTE (yukihnd @ Dec 1 2007, 08:09 AM)
    Rosa, you are amazing! you have a talent for languages.

sad.gif I'm sorry. as I wrote, I'm not good at English. Though I tried......

(the guys - we call them "host". but it's different from "host" in English. there are a lot of dubious places in Kabukicho.)
    OK Go will make them stunned by their showy clothes.
    How many times they made us laugh when we watched the music clip of OK Go dancing over a running machine with funny choreography.
    Their music is power pop called nerd rock similar to Weezer and They Might Be Giants.
    Their straight sound of the guitar and optimistic melody,They got something set us free.
    We're expecting their sense of humor.
    They looked like moral persons in the dim light on the stage at start.
    I felt stiff to their performance. But, little by little, they make sure their play.

there is nothing special about this live review.
    here are some more that I should specify..... 

Tim's base and Dan's drum support their sound well.
    Damian's voice is not so special. but it's very good in "Get Over It" and "Invincible".
    Emotional guitar, better than their CD.
    AMW dance looks like Kamen Rider.
    His sideburns and his stripe suits, Tim was the most showy one in this show.

Thanks so much Yukie! Kamen Rider!! I never watched Kamen Rider, but I've heard of it. I watched Kikaida for a little bit because one of the channels used to show it late at night. Not anymore though.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 2 2007, 07:11 AM)
    Thanks so much Yukie! Kamen Rider!! I never watched Kamen Rider, but I've heard of it. I watched Kikaida for a little bit because one of the channels used to show it late at night. Not anymore though.

I think the reviewer thought OK Go is a comic band.
    she was slightly dissatisfied because they played their music seriously.
    but she wrote their performance was wonderful and Tim was the best performer in this band on this live show.
    Tim was very impressive. and they are the rock musicians whom can sing and can dance.

Kikaida? it's old TV show, too. I can't believe such a thing was televised in U.S.A. laugh.gif
    I heard Japanese anime is popular in your country.
    I saw someone wrote about Pokemon on other thread.

ohmy.gif I have to say,

Rosa, Don't go to Kabukicho ! There are a lot of dangerous bars called Bottakuri (Overcharging) .

• QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Dec 1 2007, 02:15 PM)

I? Would love to go shopping with OK Go. How much fun would that day be?!!
  • QUOTE (yukihnd @ Dec 1 2007, 06:49 PM)
    Rosa, Don't go to Kabukicho ! There are a lot of dangerous bars called Bottakuri (Overcharging) .

HAHAAHAHAHA I was just joking wink.gif

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Dec 2 2007, 02:31 AM)
    I? Would love to go shopping with OK Go. How much fun would that day be?!!

mindblowing mellow.gif

Rosa
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Dec 2 2007, 01:30 PM)

My instant reaction to this news: bleh.

Rosa
  • I commented on it. I hope I shut him up. If not, whatever. He's clearly a bad writer and a poor music critic (his whole piece was nothing but assertions and illogical statements).
  • Click on the upper right where it says Sonicbids: Featured Artist:

http://www.campusactivitiesmagazine.com/
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Dec 3 2007, 07:44 AM)
    Click on the upper right where it says Sonicbids: Featured Artist:

http://www.campusactivitiesmagazine.com/

Yes, yes, colleges. Book OK Go for your next campus event. Especially if you are the University of Delaware or one of Philadelphia's 8,000,000 colleges and universities. DO IT.

wink.gif rolleyes.gif
  • I want them to play here, but I don't even think we have a proper place for a concert, unless it's a piano recital.
  • Bring them to Ball State! My sisters friend works for their concerts and I could get backstage! Lol.