In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• phantommilk, you're very intelligent. You'll get into a great school! Just try not to stress about it. Things will work out. I know how you feel though. I'm going thru that whole stupid application thing too.

Well, it happened again! Another creepy middle aged wierdo came on to me. I pass by the waiting room today at the health center my school has me at. I see a patient there and say hello just to be nice. As I'm leaving, the patient says "Gosh what a sweet little face you have" in an overly appreciative creepy sort of way. Gah, it's depressing. A cute Jewish boy will never come on to me. The closest I got to a cute Jewish boy appreciating me was getting an autograph from the great Tim Nordwind signed with a heart. Seriously though, are there any cute Jewish guys in the West!

To make matters worse, it's snowing here. My car does not have the tires or power for snow. I think I'll have to walk home.

/rant (sorry, maybe should've put all this in the complaints thread)
  • T. AZ (haha, can I call you Taz??) where are you? Surely it's not snowing in the desert!!

As for old school dances, I'd like to learn the Hustle.
  • i ate too much and i am far too full to eat the cookies ice cream... life is not fair. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Dec 10 2007, 12:40 PM)
    T. AZ (haha, can I call you Taz??) where are you? Surely it's not snowing in the desert!!

Lol! T. AZ or Taz is one of the coolest nicknames anyone's given me so far. I'm in Flagstaff, 2.5 hours north of the desert. There are many pine trees here. There is a ski resort too. Personally, I find the desert mountains to be a lot more beautiful. The desert mountain colors change continuously during the day, like a person constantly painting a watercolor then erasing and painting again and again.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 10 2007, 05:00 PM)
    I have the song 'Time Warp' stuck in my head... that's probably not an old school dance, but it sure is fun. Rocky Horror Picture Show is just too fucking entertaining for words.

No shit! I went with my friend to the midgnight showing on Halloween. It was pretty fucking fantastic (really, any outting where I can throw rice inside is an awesome way to spend the evening).

Except that I thought I lost my health insurance card/debit card/$20/metro card in a taxi and ended up frettfully enlisting the help of about 5 taxt drivers at 4 in the morning. While I was wearing a wig. Turns out all the cards had found their way into my pack of cards (which were also for throwing!). Long-term lucky.

QUOTE (agentnumone @ Dec 10 2007, 05:07 PM)

I would like those costumes please!
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Dec 10 2007, 12:07 PM)

oh my god. first off... when i was in middle school, i went through a disco phase. i loved all disco. "disco inferno" was my favorite song. second, i do that dance they do at about 30 seconds in, ALL. THE. TIME.
  • also. sally, there is a song by sara bareilles that reminds me of you... it's called Fairytale. I can send it to you if you wanna hear it....
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 10 2007, 10:14 PM)
    also. sally, there is a song by sara bareilles that reminds me of you... it's called Fairytale. I can send it to you if you wanna hear it....

wow! I just googled her and watched the music video- amazing!!

ooof, I'm not even on pg 5 of my 10 pg paper. I cannot focus. At all. Which would be ok if I started a week ago, but no, it's the night before...It's a disaster! It's an incredible mess! but it's alright! yeah, it's alright!
  • she really is awesome... if you can't get your hands on the song, Fairytale, let me know, i'd be more than happy to send it to you smile.gif

i'm trying to work on my paper too... but i was looking for you on my buddy list to distract myself wink.gif haha and i just had some earl grey, so i thought of you then too!
  • Gidget! Go do your paper! Don't make me Jewish mother you. Shall I make you a little nosh (snack) while you work?
  • this has been serving as a wonderful distraction from writing this stupid paper...

thanks rachel wink.gif

edit:

whaaaaaaaaaat. this one is just. wow. wub.gif
    *fella in the middle*
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 10 2007, 02:28 PM)
    Lol! T. AZ or Taz is one of the coolest nicknames anyone's given me so far. I'm in Flagstaff, 2.5 hours north of the desert. There are many pine trees here. There is a ski resort too. Personally, I find the desert mountains to be a lot more beautiful. The desert mountain colors change continuously during the day, like a person constantly painting a watercolor then erasing and painting again and again.

Ahh flagstaff. That makes sense. I knew Tempe was getting a lot of rain, but snow just seemed crazy... Well plus I would've heard about it! biggrin.gif
  • I just finished my 10 page paper. Sigh.
    Now to do the next one.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 11 2007, 12:33 AM)
    this has been serving as a wonderful distraction from writing this stupid paper...

thanks rachel wink.gif

Oh you are So Very Welcome. Now Go buy their CDs!!!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 11 2007, 11:25 AM)
    Oh you are So Very Welcome. Now Go buy their CDs!!!!!

I will I will!! I gotta get paid Friday first smile.gif

Good luck on your next paper Sally... I admire your dedication to having it finished on time wink.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 11 2007, 11:38 AM)
    Good luck on your next paper Sally... I admire your dedication to having it finished on time wink.gif

LOOOL! Thanks! I'm kinda like, "this isn't my best work, at all...maybe I shouldn't have finished it 5 minutes before class," but then again, it's over so yay! And congrats to you too on yours!

This is my last day of class. Next week I have finals. I wish I had finals this week like you so that it could all be over and done with.

• Woo, well done Sally! I've done no work recently, I just can't be bothered. And i missed yet another day of school because of a politics class trip to the Houses of Parliament. Eeek...

That Sweeny Todd film is coming out soon, avec le gorgeous Johnny Depp. But why oh why does it have to have Helena Bloody Bohnam Carter in it too?? Oy, she grinds my gears.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Dec 11 2007, 02:02 PM)
    That Sweeny Todd film is coming out soon, avec le gorgeous Johnny Depp. But why oh why does it have to have Helena Bloody Bohnam Carter in it too?? Oy, she grinds my gears.

Because she's having the director's baby? wink.gif
  • Hahahha! That's what I thought, but apparently not. Burton was very objective about it, supposedly.

Argh she's just infuriating, and I can't articulate why. She just is. I think it might be that she overacts everything.