In this Discussion

Don't Leave Baggage All the Way

Comments

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 18 2007, 01:51 PM)
    Has anyone heard Keep It Down yet? I can't listen/download until I get home. Stupid work, grr.

ME!!!! of all people... oh god, if you need it I'll yousendit to you.

Rosa
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Dec 18 2007, 12:53 PM)
    ME!!!! of all people... oh god, if you need it I'll yousendit to you.

Rosa

Nah, but thank you. I think I can wait 5 more hours.

Is it tres bien?
  • yeah, it's fine... lugubrious teenage angst laugh.gif I like it nonetheless
  • Is anyone brave enough to attempt a transcript of the lyrics of keep it down? please?
  • rosa, i will when i get home from work smile.gif

edit to say... i will TRY... wink.gif
  • I LOVE THAT SONG!!!

(basically love every song in any way related to any member of OK Go, but that's not important here... ahem)
  • well... i didn't do as well with this as i had hoped... but here is what i got rosa... hopefully someone can help me with the ??? parts... ahah

Keep It Down

I don't want everyone to think I'm nuts
    Because I'm not
    I was surrounded by the Johnsons
    Now I move on

Keep it down
    Keep it down

You can see through the walls to my room
    But not through me
    My mom was crying because she could
    See inside me

I've got to eat my way out of here
    Away from the people
    That drink their way into here

A million years of selection
    To know what's prey
    But for me that dead animal is
    The enemy

Keep it down
    Keep it down

Away from the people
    Who drink their way into here
    Away from the people
    Who drink their way into here

edit: i edited in k and alice's thoughts too... i think we've got it smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 18 2007, 10:26 PM)
    I was surrounded by the ???

Johnsons??
  • that's what i thought it was!!! lol but i wasn't sure if that's what i was hearing or not.

when i listen to sdr... i get this mental image of andy in an old tshirt with big headphones on over that hair of his, singing into a mic and i get completely lost.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 18 2007, 02:26 PM)
    I was surrounded by the ???

I think it's Johnsons too.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 18 2007, 02:26 PM)
    Now I've moved on (???)

It's either that or "Now I move on."

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 18 2007, 02:26 PM)
    But for me that animal is <(????)

It might be "But for me that dead animal is" but it's hard to tell.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 19 2007, 01:13 AM)
    It might be "But for me that dead animal is" but it's hard to tell.

i was trying to figure out if there was an extra word, or if he was just dragging 'that' or 'animal' out... i'll make the changes
  • Rosa, Thank you very much for let me know this !

Katieyellow and ezorvera, I really thank for transcript of the lyrics.
    I'm really bad at English hearing. (haha, not only English hearing wacko.gif )
  • QUOTE (yukihnd @ Dec 19 2007, 08:14 AM)
    Rosa, Thank you very much for let me know this !

You're welcome! smile.gif

Katieyellow and ezorvera, I really thank for transcript of the lyrics.
    I'm really bad at English hearing. (haha, not only English hearing wacko.gif )

ditto to both laugh.gif

I could have sworn the first verse said "I don't want everyone to think I'm nice, because I'm not"... and I thought I myself was nuts cause I understood Johnsons too. laugh.gif

Rosa smile.gif

• QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Dec 21 2007, 09:29 AM)
    I could have sworn the first verse said "I don't want everyone to think I'm nice, because I'm not"

Haha. That reminds me of this one time after a show when I was talking to Tim and some girls came up and asked if Andy was nice and he was like, "He's really mean" and the girls were all shocked, but then Tim said he was just kidding.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 22 2007, 05:31 AM)
    Haha. That reminds me of this one time after a show when I was talking to Tim and some girls came up and asked if Andy was nice and he was like, "He's really mean" and the girls were all shocked, but then Tim said he was just kidding.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I really like how witty Tim is... like on that interview when they're asked how does one gets one's sexy back and Tim immediately says, "make sure to keep the receipt" laugh.gif I mean, who thinks of such a creative answer so quickly? blink.gif tongue.gif ...btw, what were those girls supposing Tim would respond to a question like that one? rolleyes.gif

Rosa
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Dec 22 2007, 08:40 PM)
    laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I really like how witty Tim is... like on that interview when they're asked how does one gets one's sexy back and Tim immediately says, "make sure to keep the receipt" laugh.gif I mean, who thinks of such a creative answer so quickly? blink.gif tongue.gif ...btw, what were those girls supposing Tim would respond to a question like that one? rolleyes.gif

Rosa

hahahaha!
    And I like how Damian was totally baffled at that. Only a Tim can confuse a Damian smile.gif
  • To me "Keep It Down" has a very George Harrison sound; not so much for the lyrics, but more for the mystic echoes, strings, and almost Indian sound. Any Beatles fans know what I'm talking about?

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 27 2007, 01:19 AM)
    To me "Keep It Down" has a very George Harrison sound; not so much for the lyrics, but more for the mystic echoes, strings, and almost Indian sound. Any Beatles fans know what I'm talking about?

Yes!!! I agree!! I know exactly what you're talking about... especially during that first line, "I don't want everyone to think I'm nuts/nice" yes, I definitely hear it.
  • LOL, yeah, I already bought mine. wub.gif