In this Discussion

Holiday soooooooongs

13»

Comments

• Ha! I had never heard the Father Christmas ok go song before. Its great! Ahhh I love it!
  • ooo... I like this thread.

lessee, christmas music traditions in my house are
    1) a cd of Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, and Frank Sinatra; and
    2) an Elvis Christmas cd (because you can't resist the "oooooohh"s on "Blue Christmas")

personally, I enjoy Ok Go's versions of christmas songs, and also Fountains of Wayne "I want an Alien for Christmas", and finally, um... Harry and the Potter's christmas cd, which I still haven't heard, but is awesome nonetheless and I really really want it.

as for straight out carols, I like "We Three Kings of Orient Are" and "Silent Night"
  • *bump*

'Cause I needs new songs.
  • The Little Drummer Boy! especially the Animaniacs version!

And the Boston Pops instrumental version of Sleigh Ride.
  • What I've been listening to:

and it's not Christmas-y music, but damn it makes me want to dance and decorate things
  • I love Blink 182's I Won't Be Home for Christmas and Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck 12 Days of Christmas (can you tell I like the weirder stuff?)

And I think this deserves a solid wtf??!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_6O8qtFu3M
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Dec 14 2007, 02:04 PM)
    What I've been listening to:

I bought this one this year too. It was the one Mom and I always listened to while putting up the tree. It was also the only one I could find that had Christmas in Killarney on it. I needed that song.

I need to get some TSO before my roadtrip. They were sold out last time I looked. They're also going to be in town on the 29th. I may get tickets, if they're not sold out yet.

Also I really like Burl Ives. A Holly Jolly Christmas is just awesome.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 6 2006, 02:38 PM)
    5) Pretty much anything by Manheim Steamroller

Truth sister. We listen to the Steamroller when we decorate the tree, and when we open presents Christmas morning. Memories.

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Dec 14 2007, 03:04 PM)

Love this. Love the movie. It doesn't get better than this
  • hahaha i just watched the animaniacs drummer boy thinger! Tres awesome Tabby!

oh baby... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slTYj2h6OfY