In this Discussion

Helpline for Harry fans

1235»

Comments

• Have you seen THIS??

I'm sure you have but i've only seen it now!! It's becoming a massive money-maker!!

for further detail: http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

to me, they're destroying the power of imagination, which is one of the greatest things that achild can have...
  • I think Harry will die. Maybe hes one of those thingers or whatever they're called that keeps some of the bad guys soul or whatever.
    unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (wang @ Sep 14 2007, 12:02 PM)
    I think Harry will die. Maybe hes one of those thingers or whatever they're called that keeps some of the bad guys soul or whatever.
    unsure.gif

I'm guessing you haven't read the book yet?
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 16 2007, 01:27 PM)
    Have you seen THIS??

I'm sure you have but i've only seen it now!! It's becoming a massive money-maker!!
    for further detail: http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

to me, they're destroying the power of imagination, which is one of the greatest things that achild can have...

Duuuuuuuude. What are you on about?? I'm pretty excited about a Harry Potter theme park! Although, of course, what I imagine Hogsmeade and Hogwarts looking like and what it looks like in the movies is different, so...that's a little sad. I wish they hadn't decided to go with the images in the films, but then again, this is Universal Studios we're talking about.

But I don't think they're "destroying the power of imagination." First off, it's in a theme park in Orlando, which, although thousands of children visit each year, still gives it limited access. If you're lucky enough to go to Universal, the other 364 days of the year are up to your imagination.

And most of the major theme parks are designed around comic book characters, cartoons, and films, right? I think it's pretty cool they're making a theme park based on a book series. How often does that happen?
  • I know that Katy but to me anything that has to do with trying to make harry potter real and physical is just akward because it all started with just a book, like you said. There wasn't even any marketing involved at the beginning! Children and adults liked the books because they were amazingly written, not because it was fashionable or cool to read. To me, Hogwarts will never be like the one i the movies, it will be MY Hogwarts.

it's a weird opinion, I know and I also get yours...
  • i really liked disneyland... but a Harry Potter theme aprk is weird... i guess it's because what makes HP so special for the readers is the magic, those things that can't be done in the "real world" and how could a theme park possibly make you believe it's there? I mean i guess it's great to actually go into the whatsit called three broomsticks or this pub-thingy and drink butterbeer and eat all those weird sweets but...hm... i don't know. Maybe it will be awesome and i just can't get it into my head right now...
  • I heard about that, I love her for saying it.
  • wow.

that gives it so much more depth to the story... the gringlewald/dumbledoor bit.
  • !!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

I absolutely love it

absolutely 100% love it.

my friend was up at 1:00 AM Friday night/ Saturday morning telling everyone he could find haha. not only does he work for Mugglenet, he's also gay. So you can imagine how excited he was. smile.gif
  • I'm trying to convince some of my friends that we should all dress up as identical Dumbledores and go to the local gay club.

But, so far, I have no volunteers. Blast.
  • ^^ I would go with you, if I was 18+ and living in Montreal.
    <3

ps my friend Andrew wants to go as gay Dumbledore to my school's halloween dance... rainbow robe and all smile.gif
  • HAHA, apparently 7 thousand teenage girls across the UK auditioned to be Lavender Brown, Ron's girlfriend, in the next Harry Potter film. 7 thousand. That's gotta be a huge ego boost for Rupert Grint.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 16 2007, 06:58 AM)
    HAHA, apparently 7 thousand teenage girls across the UK auditioned to be Lavender Brown, Ron's girlfriend, in the next Harry Potter film. 7 thousand. That's gotta be a huge ego boost for Rupert Grint.

That and so much more is why I *heart* that boy. He's such a cute little geeky British boy.
  • That idea creeps me out (the play). I had nightmares about it last night, along with the nearly-translucent treadmill-dancing shrimp.
  • do you suppose that helpline is still up and running?
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 16 2007, 02:58 PM)
    HAHA, apparently 7 thousand teenage girls across the UK auditioned to be Lavender Brown, Ron's girlfriend, in the next Harry Potter film. 7 thousand. That's gotta be a huge ego boost for Rupert Grint.

I would apply to that any minute!! he's not that much of a verbal person from what I saw in his interviews though

But Dombledore being gay really changed some of my prespective of the books...the Grindelwald part really makes sense now