In this Discussion

You're Not Alone

Comments

• QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 5 2008, 01:36 PM)
    Not available in the UK store.
    Fuck it.

I hate this bloody island...

Enjoy:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...63&s=143444
  • OK I won't take anything back, but: iTunes Germany has the EP!!! Well, that caused me to dance the happy Damian dance, but the bad thing now: I see the EP, click buy and then: iTunes store has a problem, try again later... THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!

But, hey, there's the chance of me getting the EP eventually....
  • iTunes Holland = poo.

@Ketchup, Ive got EXACTLY the same problem as you, I see it in the store now, but cant download it!

Ketchup biggrin.gif

Edit: Ouch, seems I was wrong, its NOT in the dutch iTunes..

sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Will @ Feb 5 2008, 08:29 PM)

I love you.
    Thank you so much.
  • Not in iTunes Canada yet sad.gif

The samples sound SO GOOD though
    I really like the new version of It's A Disaster!

The trombone is such a sexy instrument...

Are these going to be sold, um... physically? I can't think of the right word to use, but I mean like, at the CD store... I want a copy that I can hold.
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Feb 5 2008, 10:00 PM)
    iTunes Holland = poo.

@Ketchup, Ive got EXACTLY the same problem is you, I see it in the store now, but cant download it!

Ketchup biggrin.gif

Did you just call me Ketchup?? (said in the voice of Damian in the vintage interview "Did she just call me criple??" haha)

It's so ...so... I can't even find a word. I keep opening and closing iTunes and I got a "whooo"- moment when iTunes asked me about some new norms and I was like YES YES, just to see that again there is undefined error 8002 (why it's undefined but defined as error 8002... who knows) and that I should try later

** uh oh, just realized it's error 5002, not 8002 after all... sorry iTunes.... ^^ it's getting ridiculous now

Joris, you're almost close to where I live!! That's so great!!

@Claret: I think it was said that it's an iTunes only EP, which is why it's so so so stupid that iTunes is not working here... and in Holland!
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 5 2008, 04:04 PM)
    Are these going to be sold, um... physically? I can't think of the right word to use, but I mean like, at the CD store... I want a copy that I can hold.

From what I've heard it's a digital release only.
  • "Joris, you're almost close to where I live!! That's so great!!"

Well not that close..
    But you are by far the nearest-to-my-home living OK Go fan I know biggrin.gif

*Off-Topic*
  • that's what I meant... I think after that there's Electra whos only 1 and a half hour away... if you have a plane. which I don't . OK on with the topic

It worked. IT DID!!!!!!
    Still working on some trouble listening to all that music, as it doesn't show (iTunes would not dare...) but I bought it. yes yes yes

which means, I can use the next 11 hours learning for my exam tomorrow (in, guesss, 11 hours) while listening to this wonderful wonderful music. YES
  • I'm so happy. Will you're an utter star. It's A Disaster is by far my favorite!

Joris - London's not far from Amsterdam! I went there last summer.. I love it. My parents want to move there, hehe.
  • I finally got to download it and it only took an hour plus. I seriously hate my PC. Though it could have been that I needed to download the newest version of iTunes. But, come on, it shouldn't have taken a freaking hour to download. Gosh.

But yes, I ♥ this!!! Damian is killing me softly. And the booklet is fucking fantastic.
  • God I LOVEEE it.
    I'm loving Damian's voice on "Rock and Roll Suicideeeee" wub.gif

I am quite happy at the moment
  • sdkjfgjdaghljwdfgh
    someone teach me how to work iTunes?
    and convince my dad to let me use his credit card?

aksduhfaksjdfhajlfgasdgkjhadjfgh *dies*

Actually, I'll probably go buy myself an iTunes card.
    but still.
    I dun wanna wait sad.gif

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 5 2008, 08:41 PM)
    sdkjfgjdaghljwdfgh
    someone teach me how to work iTunes?
    and convince my dad to let me use his credit card?

aksduhfaksjdfhajlfgasdgkjhadjfgh *dies*

Actually, I'll probably go buy myself an iTunes card.
    but still.
    I dun wanna wait sad.gif

It's totally worth the wait! All the anticipation will make it even sweeter.
  • I bought it as soon as I got home from work today. I love the Bowie cover!
  • Someone I sort of respected seriously bashed this EP and it upset me. I shouldn't make a big deal out of it, but their phrasings just hit a nerve. I've been having a weird/semi-emotional day, I guess. I'm not sure why I'm talking about this.

Nonetheless, the fact that it's downloading right now cheers me up.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 5 2008, 09:26 PM)
    I finally got to download it and it only took an hour plus. I seriously hate my PC. Though it could have been that I needed to download the newest version of iTunes. But, come on, it shouldn't have taken a freaking hour to download. Gosh.

But yes, I ♥ this!!! Damian is killing me softly. And the booklet is fucking fantastic.

The newer versions of itunes aren't that much different from the old ones- in fact, they're worse, b/c what they've added is more tracking devices. So, I'm not gonna download the new one. They don't need to know what I buy, thank you very much.
  • yay! itunes australia has the ep...! ...now i just need some credit.... dry.gif

i'll get some eventually...
  • Downloaded it today-or rather yesterday.

I'm a Bowie fanatic so I was really nervous when I heard they were going to be doing a cover of Rock N Roll Suicide. I mean, I was nearly frantic about it. Only because Rock N Roll Suicide is the last chapter to an epic story, it's the death scene of Ziggy, and capturing that with out the other tunes on the Ziggy Stardust album, I was worried it would be hard to capture that kind of emotion.

But I am ridiculously happy about OK Go and Bonerama's version of Rock N Roll Suicide. It makes me go into awe a bit when it gets to the 'give me your hands' verse. Damian drew an entirely different emotion from the song, and that's what made it so good. They weren't trying to sing Bowie's song, or sound like him. It was an OK Go song. Does that make since.

I'm glad that all the profits are going to a good cause. It makes me happy to see a band-especially one I love- stand up for something important for once. There are so many issues in this country that aren't noticed, and I'm happy that some are finally being provided for.

Anyone else notice there wasn't a picture of Rusty in the Digital Booklet...? I haven't found a picture of him anywhere online.
  • QUOTE (Regan Lain @ Feb 6 2008, 03:56 AM)
    Anyone else notice there wasn't a picture of Rusty in the Digital Booklet...? I haven't found a picture of him anywhere online.

That's because it was really just Tim and Damian involved with this project on that level. Dan's picture isn't in there either. But if you want Andy pictures, we have plenty in the Andy thread. biggrin.gif Plenty.

Shalu, there will be detractors from every CD that ever comes out. Don't let that guy get you down. As long as you love the EP that is what matters. (And there are lots of critics out there who are lauding the project)