In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• QUOTE (smeja @ Jan 6 2008, 11:52 PM)
    i'd like to do that too... although, this years summer weather hasn't been very typical of australia... it's been raining the last week (where i am anyway), but it stopped two days ago so i'm happy... the sun is good..

does it snow where you are (any of you, really)? it never snows here... which saddens me... like in all the american christmas movies it's snowing and everybody is wearing coats and stuff... if you're wearing a coat on christmas day in australia you are seriously stupid... tongue.gif ...it's usually really hot on christmas....

anyway, i'll stop talking about the weather now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDExqBXKw4k << a trailer for stick it... do what you want starts playing at around 1:15... the movie sort of sucked, but for some reason i sort of liked it... which is highly embarassing... laugh.gif

"it's not called gym-nice-tics" ...one of the stupidest quotes ever...

I totally don't remember hearing DWYW in Stick It. Then again I've only seen it like twice in passing. Next time it's on cable, I'm gonna have to watch it.

As for snow, I'm in Chicago and we had a ton of it. And now it's all melted because of record setting temps. It's currently 63 degrees (Farenheit). Normal temp is like 32. And then we're supposed to get thunderstorms tonight. Freaky.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 8 2008, 05:44 AM)
    I totally don't remember hearing DWYW in Stick It. Then again I've only seen it like twice in passing. Next time it's on cable, I'm gonna have to watch it.

As for snow, I'm in Chicago and we had a ton of it. And now it's all melted because of record setting temps. It's currently 63 degrees (Farenheit). Normal temp is like 32. And then we're supposed to get thunderstorms tonight. Freaky.

yeah, i'm not sure if it was actually in the movie or not... i think it was in a preview for stick it that was on the dvd... either way...

32 degrees farenheit is like freezing point, right? ...it never even gets close to that over here... the coldest temperature we had in 2007 was 12 degrees celsius (53.6 degrees celcius) which isn't that cold... [actually it is quite cold to me... tongue.gif]
  • That sounds just like Vegas. haha it never snows over here. D=
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Jan 7 2008, 07:29 PM)
    yeah, i'm not sure if it was actually in the movie or not... i think it was in a preview for stick it that was on the dvd... either way...

32 degrees farenheit is like freezing point, right? ...it never even gets close to that over here... the coldest temperature we had in 2007 was 12 degrees celsius (53.6 degrees celcius) which isn't that cold... [actually it is quite cold to me... tongue.gif]

Yep, 32 degrees Farenheit is the freezing point. Which actually isn't that cold when the temp is 4 degrees with a wind chill of -12 degrees, so it feels like -12 instead of that balmy 4.

I've always wanted to visit Australia. Perhaps one day when I have lots of money and/or a sugar daddy, along with my passport, I might actually make it there.
  • I've been meaning to post this.
    The other day, I'm sure it was well past midnight, but some movie was ending on CBS and they were announcing a new show. All I know is I woke up when I heard HIGA in the background.

Here's a link to the show's page - Welcome to the Captain
    I found the youtube video, but it has a totally different song in the background.

Hope I wasn't just going crazy. I swear it was HIGA. blink.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Jan 8 2008, 02:08 PM)
    I've been meaning to post this.
    The other day, I'm sure it was well past midnight, but some movie was ending on CBS and they were announcing a new show. All I know is I woke up when I heard HIGA in the background.

I found the youtube video, but it has a totally different song in the background.

Hahahahahaha, this could be a good post for the YKYOW thread.

You know you're obsessed when you're IMAGINING commercials that play HIGA. LOL! biggrin.gif

(Just kidding, Lety)
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Jan 8 2008, 04:08 PM)
    I've been meaning to post this.

You arn't going crazy. I heard the EXACT same thing and I even rewinded it to make sure lol. They are really playing HIGA.
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Jan 8 2008, 12:36 PM)
    You arn't going crazy. I heard the EXACT same thing and I even rewinded it to make sure lol. They are really playing HIGA.

So you have evidence. Awesome. Good to know I'm relatively sane. laugh.gif

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 8 2008, 11:37 AM)
    Hahahahahaha, this could be a good post for the YKYOW thread.

You know you're obsessed when you're IMAGINING commercials that play HIGA. LOL! biggrin.gif

(Just kidding, Lety)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
    You know, I actually did think I was imagining things when I saw a FUSE tv promo with the DWYW wallpaper version in it. But it's almost like subliminal messages, they go by so quick.

I found a similar/older one with a TINY clip of HIGA here (at 0:30).

And yay I just found the one with DWYW in it here! (SSPU also in there!)
  • haha it really does look like a subliminal message.
  • My sister is house-sitting for my uncle. He's got all the pointless fancy cable channels, one of which is Lifetime Movie Channel. My sis came to that channel just as the movie "Normal Adolescent Behavior" was ending. As the movie finshied she heard Ok Go. The movie ended with "Let It Rain" playing.
  • Oooh Ok Go's even on Lifetime.
  • HIGA is the bg song for the Disney movie College Roadtrip commercial.
  • So, my sister was flipping through channels today and I suddenly hear her scream, "OH MY GOD! TIM IS ON TV!!" So I run downstairs and see the last second of an interview with Tim and Andy on Teen Kids News. So I looked it up and found a brief description of it.

"Nicole reports on rock group “OK Go.” The band talks about how their popularity grew through illegal downloads of their music videos. While they want fans to keep rocking out, they encourage listeners to support them by PAYING. Whether it’s live concerts, CDs, or downloading online – make sure you do it legally! "

I think it's going to be on again for me at 5:30 AM tomorrow. Filming it with my camera is the only way I can record it and put it on Youtube, so that's what I'm going to do. It's not going to be the best, but it's something. You can find out if it airs in your area at this site: http://www.teenkidsnews.tv/

I can't believe I'm going to wake up that early to watch a kids news show just for OK Go.
  • From the news feed:

Mr. Kulash and Mr. Ross go to Washington

Mr. Kulash and Mr. Ross head to Washington DC tomorrow to give their testimony before the House Judiciary Committee on Net Neutrality and Free Speech on the Internet. You can stream the whole thing live here tommorow. Here's the nitty gritty:

Tuesday 3/11/2008 - 2:00PM
    2141 Rayburn House Office Building
    Judiciary Committee Antitrust Task Force
    Hearing on Net Neutrality and Free Speech on the Internet

Get more info about net neutrality here.

I probably won't be able to listen to this as I'll be at work at that time. Though, it'll overlap my lunch hour for about a half hour, so I'll be able to hear the beginning, maybe.
  • thanks Becky!!!

(I should check okgo.net for news more often) it'll be evening here, just hope it works this time...

• GRR I have school during that time. Could someone YouTube it please? If you get a chance to...
  • Argh, I only got to see a few minutes of it. The connection I had was going fine with all the committee members up until they announced the guests. Then it crapped out on me. Then I tried to reload and was told the address was old.

It finally came back up and I got to hear Damian talk about AMW, the fan videos that were made after that, then HIGA. During most of this either the sound would pop out and I got to hear robot voices or there were still screens. He said that with HIGA there was over 31 million views for this one video, something that wasn't possible 5 years ago. I think he talked about how they can play in different countries to thousands of people where their album isn't even being sold. Don't quote me or Damian on that, I had a very bad connection. I didn't see/here Andy.

Was anyone else able to view this? Did you have a bad connection, too? I second getting this on YouTube, it was very interesting, from what I saw/heard anyway.
  • I've been trying to steam it for the last half hour, all I'm getting is fuzz...

Anyone else have any luck?
  • I had tried as well, and had absolutely no luck... I got multiple google alerts on this, and was anxious to hear/see it... sad.gif So hopefully someone gets it up on youtube, stat!
  • stupid stupid time shift... I thought it's 2, when it's 3, so I missed it when I was so happy to get the connection and record the whole thing sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif