In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Mar 5 2008, 09:09 PM)
    bitter alie =p

Shush, boy tongue.gif
    I didn't say it coz I was bitter, just coz the guy likes his privacy... geez...

Should've been me though.
    ^^ Haha joking!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 5 2008, 09:23 PM)
    Shush, boy tongue.gif
    I didn't say it coz I was bitter, just coz the guy likes his privacy... geez...

Should've been me though.
    ^^ Haha joking!

=p

heres hoping the boys dont do this again on the next cd, another 4 years of the same question might actully end the world...

(not a shot at Beasle)
  • Oh, man, cool!

I remember spending an entire day searching every inch of the interwebs for a clue. This is so much better than any of the theories anyone else came up with.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Mar 5 2008, 05:25 PM)
    =p

heres hoping the boys dont do this again on the next cd, another 4 years of the same question might actully end the world...

(not a shot at Beasle)

Haha yea my bad, I know this is nothing new and was discussed way before I joined the boards, but I had never gotten around to asking anyone what it was all about and my lazy ass didn't want to search old threads tongue.gif

Thanks for the info, everyone!

Topic is over...we can move on smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Mar 5 2008, 03:55 PM)
    except for a discovery by sherib on the official OK GO forums, which showed that the distance between Los Angeles, California and Malmö, Sweden was 9027 Kilometers (KM)

aww, Sheri smile.gif
    haha that's such a random reference to the boards...

huh, I never actually bothered finding out what it was for- I just gave up haha. The whole DRM thing makes a ton of sense, though.

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 29 2006, 11:58 AM)
    Did any of the Ok Go boys study abroad in college?

This question is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaancient, but Damian studied in England, apparently.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 6 2008, 06:57 PM)
    This question is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaancient, but Damian studied in England, apparently.

Wooow. I so don't remember asking that. But thanks for the info. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 6 2008, 09:00 PM)
    Wooow. I so don't remember asking that. But thanks for the info. wink.gif

Yeah, I was rereading the thread, for nostalgia's sake. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 7 2008, 01:57 AM)

That's when he worked at the Soho gay bar (see the quote in my sig) biggrin.gif
    Did any of the Ok Go boys study abroad in college?

Didn't Damian say in one of the fan correspondents he spent one year in Ukraine?
  • Well sorting through 35 pages about OK go facts is probably lots of fun.. I have like two questions to ask... Normally I would find the answers myself, but there are so many different ones out there on the net, I don't know which ones are true!! Even Wikipedia has made my questions a lot more confusing.

So Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, use to be a member of the band, then he left.. and now the band has an 'Imaginary Robot Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore' they have on stage with them at live shows... is that right? I'm really not sure. Like I said SO much different info!!
    I saw on some other forum that people where talking about.. bills in silver pants? Could someone explain? Sorry if I sound like an ignorant OK Go fan... I'm just really confused.. lol

Has anyone read Damian's essay in Ben Karlin's book?... I really want to read it, especially after reading all those articles he wrote for that Japanese magazine...

And at last, if any of the questions have been already asked.. I apologize, 35 pages is a lot to go through...

--Thanks!
  • QUOTE (Regan Lain @ Mar 10 2008, 07:56 PM)
    Well sorting through 35 pages about OK go facts is probably lots of fun.. I have like two questions to ask... Normally I would find the answers myself, but there are so many different ones out there on the net, I don't know which ones are true!! Even Wikipedia has made my questions a lot more confusing.

So Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, use to be a member of the band, then he left.. and now the band has an 'Imaginary Robot Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore' they have on stage with them at live shows... is that right? I'm really not sure. Like I said SO much different info!!
    I saw on some other forum that people where talking about.. bills in silver pants? Could someone explain? Sorry if I sound like an ignorant OK Go fan... I'm just really confused.. lol

Has anyone read Damian's essay in Ben Karlin's book?... I really want to read it, especially after reading all those articles he wrote for that Japanese magazine...

And at last, if any of the questions have been already asked.. I apologize, 35 pages is a lot to go through...

--Thanks!

Hi Regan Lain

Wow, you've received some very interesting disjointed information. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore used to be neighbors with Damian. He got involved with the band when they both worked for NPR. He is the band's webmaster, but he was never a member of the band. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore has in the past refered to himself in posts and in blogs as the band's imaginary robot. It's not bills in silver pants, it's "bliss" in silver pants. One of the boardies loved when Rusty Ross wore silver pants on stage and she started using the nickname 'bliss in silver pants' to discuss him on the boards.

Hope that answers those loose ends for you. Welcome to the boards. Are you japanese? wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Mar 8 2008, 06:33 PM)
    Didn't Damian say in one of the fan correspondents he spent one year in Ukraine?

I'm pretty sure he spent a semester of high school there.

QUOTE (Regan Lain @ Mar 10 2008, 10:56 PM)
    So Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, use to be a member of the band, then he left.. and now the band has an 'Imaginary Robot Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore' they have on stage with them at live shows... is that right?

Okay, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore was never in the band. He has always just been a close friend and runs stuff in general and is awesome OK Go man. As far as I know, there's no robot on stage.

I saw on some other forum that people where talking about.. bills in silver pants?

I have absolutely no idea. In what context did you read about this?

Has anyone read Damian's essay in Ben Karlin's book?...

http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=3182

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 11 2008, 03:11 AM)
    Hi Regan Lain

Wow, you've received some very interesting disjointed information. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore used to be neighbors with Damian. He got involved with the band when they both worked for NPR. He is the band's webmaster, but he was never a member of the band. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore has in the past refered to himself in posts and in blogs as the band's imaginary robot. It's not bills in silver pants, it's "bliss" in silver pants. One of the boardies loved when Rusty Ross wore silver pants on stage and she started using the nickname 'bliss in silver pants' to discuss him on the boards.

Hope that answers those loose ends for you. Welcome to the boards. Are you japanese? wink.gif

AH!!! Thank you sooo much. I have heard this part of the story before too, but like I said, so many different websites have said so many different things, but I went with the majority of the things I found on the net. -I will never read information on wiki again and trust it, I should have known when an interview with Freddie Mercury was sited in 2005 XD

I feel like a vail of confusion has lifted from my head!

Haha, nope I'm not japanese. The articles Damian wrote are on the OK Go official site if you haven't read them... here: http://okgo.net/fun_damian.asp

Theres also one he wrote for Elle Girl about why you shouldn't date a musician...
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Mar 11 2008, 03:14 AM)
    I'm pretty sure he spent a semester of high school there.

Okay, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore was never in the band. He has always just been a close friend and runs stuff in general and is awesome OK Go man. As far as I know, there's no robot on stage.

I have absolutely no idea. In what context did you read about this?

http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=3182

Thanks!! You guys are lovely <3

The content was wiki, random blogers, and reading things people have written about the band on song meaning websites... like you know where theres lyrics than people write their interpretation? It was pretty much me stringing together all this information I have read about, and utterly boggling my mind....
  • QUOTE (Regan Lain @ Mar 10 2008, 09:56 PM)

Hey Regan!

I'm the one that started calling Rusty Ross 'bliss in silver pants'. If you click here, this is where I started calling him that. Oh, and welcome to the boards!

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 10 2008, 10:11 PM)
    It's not bills in silver pants, it's "bliss" in silver pants. One of the boardies loved when Rusty Ross wore silver pants on stage and she started using the nickname 'bliss in silver pants' to discuss him on the boards.

It's a shame he hasn't worn them for the last couple of shows. I wonder if he'll wear them in Grand Rapids. Even if he doesn't, he'll always be bliss to me.

Edit:
    Hey, I know I typed in Andy, not Rusty Ross. Hmmm, does {this says Andy by the way}Andy Ross change to Rusty Ross. Let's see.

Edit2:
    It sure does.

You learn something new every day.
  • QUOTE (Regan Lain @ Mar 10 2008, 06:56 PM)
    I saw on some other forum that people where talking about.. bills in silver pants?

laugh.gif I don't think I have to explain what popped into my head right now.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Mar 11 2008, 07:09 PM)
    laugh.gif I don't think I have to explain what popped into my head right now.

Probably the same thing that did in my head. Now if only my glasses weren't broken, because asking about "bliss in silver pants" would be a lot less embarrassing than asking about 'bills in silver pants'! ...
  • QUOTE (Regan Lain @ Mar 11 2008, 07:26 PM)
    Probably the same thing that did in my head. Now if only my glasses weren't broken, because asking about "bliss in silver pants" would be a lot less embarrassing than asking about 'bills in silver pants'! ...

oh man, where's Rosa when we need her?... laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Regan Lain @ Mar 10 2008, 10:56 PM)
    I saw on some other forum that people where talking about.. bills in silver pants? Could someone explain?

Those were mine. I told Andy NOT to let anyone see!!! I don't just stick my money in anyone's silver pants...

Dammit. dry.gif

TOOOOOTALLY kidding. Bliss however, is much more accurate wink.gif

sort of. blink.gif