In this Discussion

the English Football thread

Comments

• QUOTE (sweetness @ Jun 2 2008, 11:25 PM)
    italy, BAH, the only player they have worth a damn is del piero. and hes like old now. and genaro gattuso cause he took off his pants when they won the world cup.

itlay has a lot of good players...unfortunatly

Andy, that game was bloody i know but your coach asked for it...they kinda cheated but they were chalagend too...
  • sigh...its just not fair being an england fan =p
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 2 2008, 11:47 PM)
    sigh...its just not fair being an england fan =p

yeah if it was the other way around i'd be also pissed wink.gif anyway, i like the english team it's always exciting when they play against portugal biggrin.gif
  • no english football till like september for us now, im still unsure who to support for the euros!
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 2 2008, 06:25 PM)
    i sadly doubt you will win it...im still bitter over ronaldo getting rooney sent off

Blah blah get over it.
  • sorry....i cant hear you over the 2-0 win from the other day..
  • Katy is portuguese on that aren't you Katy?tongue.gif so that doen't cout
  • I know nothing about English football, the true football, except for that it totally kicks American football's butt.
  • well i can't agree or deny because I've never fully understood the rules of American football, which is a lack of culture, I know...it just seems so...violent
  • american football is basically rugby for people who dont want to get hurt...and want to play the game reallllly sloooooowlllyyyy

but i digress, english football is fast paced and awesome
  • christiano ronaldo's neck is creepy
  • I EXTREMELY DISLIKE Christiano Ronaldo. As a person, not as a football player.
    He's a good player and all, but he's got such an ego, and he's such an asshole, and not even entertaining or anything, and I can't stand him.

American football is silly. and people care about it way too much. like when the Pats lost the super bowl..... yeah...
  • nooo, sometimes American football is worth caring about--Football, though it is in fact a really strange sport and yeah kinda wimpy against rugby, can really do amazing things. I nevere really appreciated it, until I was in the Superdome in New Orleans on opening night of the '06 season, the first time the dome was opened post-Katrina and the beginning of one of the best seasons in team history. It was a night that I will never forget--the entire city united behind our football team (which DESTROYED Atlanta, haha) which it really needed after an INCREDIBLY shitty (to say the least) year. But then again, the Saints have spirit. I don't understand being so attached to teams like NE and Washington cause their players have no heart...

sorry haha I'm a bit biased.

anyways FORZA ITALIA!!! Though this could end up being an embarrassing tournament since we just lost Cannavaro so the starters have all been shaken up. We shall see...FORZA AZZURI!

Aussie rules football is a sport for real men. As for rugby, Sebastian Chabal makes me laugh everytime I see him--have you noticed he's a Viking? What a badass. But sadly I don't know anything about rugby.

• QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jun 6 2008, 11:00 AM)
    nooo, sometimes American football is worth caring about--Football, though it is in fact a really strange sport and yeah kinda wimpy against rugby, can really do amazing things. I nevere really appreciated it, until I was in the Superdome in New Orleans on opening night of the '06 season, the first time the dome was opened post-Katrina and the beginning of one of the best seasons in team history. It was a night that I will never forget--the entire city united behind our football team (which DESTROYED Atlanta, haha) which it really needed after an INCREDIBLY shitty (to say the least) year. But then again, the Saints have spirit. I don't understand being so attached to teams like NE and Washington cause their players have no heart...

sorry haha I'm a bit biased.

anyways FORZA ITALIA!!! Though this could end up being an embarrassing tournament since we just lost Cannavaro so the starters have all been shaken up. We shall see...FORZA AZZURI!

Aussie rules football is a sport for real men. As for rugby, Sebastian Chabal makes me laugh everytime I see him--have you noticed he's a Viking? What a badass. But sadly I don't know anything about rugby.

oh i agree that american football has a great power to bring people together, espeshally in the events you just spoke about, which is a very good thing..its just a very slow way to spend a day..

Ronaldo is apprently going to real madrid, and will be payed £300,000 a week, double the next highest paid player..which is beyound stupid

oh, and auzzie rules is probally the manlyest sport ever made...that shits crazy man
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jun 4 2008, 05:35 PM)
    Katy is portuguese on that aren't you Katy?tongue.gif so that doen't cout

Siiiiiim!

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jun 5 2008, 08:54 PM)
    American football is silly. and people care about it way too much. like when the Pats lost the super bowl..... yeah...

LOLZ. That was a FANTASTIC game, though.

I was rooting for the Giants, though. wink.gif

Oh, this is Katy, btw, I'm too lazy to sign off and into my own sn.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 6 2008, 12:49 PM)

biggrin.gif I agree. I personally thought it was hysterical. And I like Eli Manning (cause he's not Peyton haha).

and I ended up rooting for them, too, just cause it was funny.

But the aftermath around Boston and around school wasn't so much fun... I could only laugh at the reactions so much...
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 6 2008, 05:49 PM)
    Siiiiiim!

Oh, this is Katy, btw, I'm too lazy to sign off and into my own sn.

I was finding kinda weird that Rachel answered "sim" to the question tongue.gif

yyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah WE WON!!!!!!!

eat my portuguese dust Turkey!!!it was awesome laugh.gif

Ronaldo wasn't doing anything in the field...just waiting for someone to put the ball in his feet, and the turkish were so afraid of us that they almost didn't atack, just defended

I really is outrageous that someone is so well paid for kicking a ball when there are children starving in the world...about Ronaldo's ego, I totally agree with thephantommilk, but if I was just as well paid as he is at 23, maybe it would rise to my head too. I just think that people should also give credit to equally talented players because the portuguese team has 11 players in the field, not just Ronaldo.

• QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 6 2008, 09:02 AM)
    oh i agree that american football has a great power to bring people together, espeshally in the events you just spoke about, which is a very good thing..its just a very slow way to spend a day..

oh, and auzzie rules is probally the manlyest sport ever made...that shits crazy man

haha both are SO true. I do love football but it really involves so much wasted time.

Professional athletes make absolutely absurd amounts of money. It's disgusting--I know in general most don't make millions, but there's no reason for ANY to be making that much money. 300,000 pounds a week? That could feed a third world country (especially when the pound is so strong).
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jun 8 2008, 03:05 PM)
    haha both are SO true. I do love football but it really involves so much wasted time.

Professional athletes make absolutely absurd amounts of money. It's disgusting--I know in general most don't make millions, but there's no reason for ANY to be making that much money. 300,000 pounds a week? That could feed a third world country (especially when the pound is so strong).

i can't see how anyone can just earn that much, what do you do with it all?

and yet docters, police, firemen and all the important people in life get paid such low pay rates..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 6 2008, 07:02 AM)
    Ronaldo is apprently going to real madrid, and will be payed £300,000 a week, double the next highest paid player..which is beyound stupid

real madrid should have learned their lesson with beckham, zidane, figo, ronaldo etc, they need to make a team, not a group of high paid stars. on the bright side c.ronaldo isnt past his prime. and i guess they need someone to counter barca and lionel messi (who in honesty is probably a better player).

i hate ronaldo.

and im not to fond of the brazilian one either.